5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the gym
This is perfect for the job it is intended!

It has some good features, including:
* the zone you are in whilst training (good to know, depending what your aims are whether it be fitness or fat burning etc)
* calories
Published 7 months ago by SM

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but sometimes stops working
Sometimes the heart monitor goes offline and it is really frustrating mid-workout. I don't know if it is the product but I've tried to use it exactly as specified and the same thing keeps happening. When it is working, it is a very good product.
Published 20 months ago by Tope Omisore

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the gym, 15 May 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Polar Women's FT7 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch (Sports)
This is perfect for the job it is intended!

It has some good features, including:
* calories
* a storage system of you past training / workouts (which means you can see the improvement you have made over a period of time)
* you can sync with the fitness machines at the gym (lots do use the polar system - probably worth checking if this is an important function for you)

This is a pretty basic machine in that you don't get GPS info or distance etc. But if you are looking at getting fitter or maintaining fitness, it is a really good tool. It is ideal in the gym, which is my main purpose for it. It is fairly light and looks good.

Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good monitor but beware size differences between models, 1 Mar 2013
Having tired of borrowing my wife's Black/Silver FT7 and having to re-enter the user information every time we swapped, I decided to buy a Black/Gold FT7. When it arrived we quickly realised that the watch strap on the Black/Gold FT7 is narrower and slightly shorter than the Black/Silver model so we have now swapped as my wife is smaller than me and the Black/Gold is a better fit for her. The F on the end of the precise model number that shows when you order should have been the giveaway (the Black/Silver ends with M). Looking at the Amazon images, I suspect that the Red model is the same size as the Black/Gold and the Black/Red is the same size as the Black/Silver.
Both our monitors came with a M to XXL sized soft strap for your chest. We ordered separately a XS to S sized soft strap via Amazon and this is a better fit for my wife as it fits chest sizes up to around 28 inches, whereas the supplied M to XXL soft strap has a minimum size of about 28 inches.

5.0 out of 5 stars everything i was hopping for (and more), 1 Nov 2014
I bought this as my first hrm and I'm loving it. I do both hiit and running and this helps me a lot to adapt my workout for each type of exercise. It is also a good tool to help you push yourself harder and defy your own limits, while controling your heart rate.

It is really simple to set up and, up til now, the connection between the watch and the chest strap is perfect.

While you are working out it displays your heart rate, the calories you have spent so far, the zone (fat burn or fitness improvement) you are in that moment and the duration of the exercise. When you are done it will show you a summary of your work out including maximum and average heart rate, amount of calories spent, how much time you spent in each zone and tin duration of the exercise. It will also store your exercise so that you can review it later (I believe it has memory for up to 99 exercises).

The only downside to this, in my point of view, is that you need a transmitor, that is sold separately, to transfer your workouts from your watch to your PC, although I believe that there is an iPhone app that can solve this problem but I'm not sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good device, 23 Oct 2014
Just used this for the first time and it's really good exactly what I wanted. I ordered it in blue but wanted purple and so got purple as the colour must have been noted wrong it looks exactly as it does in the picture. It measures your heart rate throughout work out and gives calories burned and fat burning and fitness improvement times when your done! Love it, it's easy and quick to set up and personalised to your stats. It stores the workout as well so you can see progress looking forward to the next workout now!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 19 May 2013
I bought this as ive recently started down at the gym and my brother already owes one, he told me to buy one so i did and im really glad i listened. ive been using it now for about 4 weeks and i can keep track of all my stats its a great bit of kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 26 April 2012
I'm very happy with my HRM, at least for now... I hope it will keep working as it has been so far, accurate. The functions are exactely what I need to workout: calories, max and min heart beat, fat burn vs fitness, duration of training. The design, color and size are perfect for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing Polar and posting, 10 Sep 2011
The Pulsar Monitor was easy to set up, looks good and does everything it said it does. It's very easy to use, nice large screen so is easily visable whilst working out and keeps record so you can track your improving fitness. Postage and packaging were both perfect - very fast!
Overall a very pleased customer - Thank you!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 1 Mar 2014
Jenny Smith (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my granddaughter who is part of a national rowing programme. She loves it - says it does exactly what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Sep 2013
Great watch does what it's supposed to and a good help in building your fitness. Used everyday for training on a couple if occasions hrt dropped so have had to take reading and start again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 22 Aug 2013
I have used a Polar F1 previously, but the FT7F does a lot more. It works accurately every time and you are able to go back and see your progress and compare your heart rate. Easy to use as well.