• Alive

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 11 December 2013
Arrived next day well packaged. Fantastic album played it loads ,good songs and lyrics her best so far if you like her music buy it !
on 4 November 2013
Jessie J is incredible i love her so much. Her vocals on this album are without a doubt some of the best in the music industry. The song lyrics are about not just living but being and feeling ALIVE (she said this herself on her tour). The bonus tracks are very good and well worth getting this one instead of the normal one.
on 13 October 2013
Wonderful vocals and some superb dance tracks make this an excellent 2nd album from Jessie J.

But the track that will hit home with a lot of listeners is "I Miss Her (Even Though She's Still Here") which tackles the loss of a loved one to dementia. It is beautifully sung with a minimal arrangement and the words are heartbreakingly true to life.

I hope it is released as a single.
on 19 December 2014
This is a really diverse, powerful album. It's so underrated but I definitely recommend you buy it!

1. It's My Party 10/10
The highest charting single from the album, an instant hit single

2. Thunder 10/10
Amazing vocals and melodies, I really love it

3. Square One 10/10
I loved this straight away, brilliant song

4. Sexy Lady 10/10
Hit single, charted twice in the top 40 without even being released as a single!

5. Harder We Fall 9/10
Amazing instrumental and vocal performance, great

6. Breathe 10/10
Written by hit maker Sia, definitely a highlight

7. I Miss Her 10/10
Incredibly personal and raw track. It's touching and beautiful

8. Daydreamin' 10/10
One of my favourites, so fun

9. Excuse My Rude (featuring Becky G) 10/10
Amazing dub inspired track, must listen!

10. Wild (featuring Big Sean and Dizzee Rascal) 10/10
The beat is brilliant, the melodies fit and are so addictive

11. Gold 10/10
At first I thought it was slightly boring but it soon grew to be one of the best

12. Conquer The World (featuring Brandy) 10/10
One of my favourites, stunning track by two of the best artists

13. Alive 9/10
Admittedly I didn't think much of it at first but now I adore it!

14. Unite 8/10
The weakest track on the album but still very good, also penned by Sia

15. Hero 10/10
The explosive hit single featured on the Kickass 2 soundtrack

16. Magnetic 10/10
The incredibly well produced single from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack, get deluxe just for this!

17. It's My Party 8/10
I'm not overly keen on remixes but this is really good

This deserves way more credit, give it a try!
on 5 December 2013
I am a massive Jessie J fan so am probably bias, but its an amazing album. If you've never listened to her before then start right here. There is something for everybody and its such a diverse album. Love it!
on 23 September 2013
Alive is the second studio album from Jessie-J.

I was fortunate enough to see Jessie play live at XOYO a week before the release of her debut album; having bought tickets on the merit of her YouTube videos. I remember vividly the excitement in the room. Half the room seemed to be fellow students from her BRIT school of music for whom Jessie must have provided an immense amount of inspiration. Whilst her singing talent was undeniable it was her positivity and confidence that took me by surprise.

This second album is a manifestation of Jessie's positivity. Unapologetically manufactured for the pop industry this album is destined to yield more hits and is brimming with collaborations and appearances. The only disappointment is that the acoustic honesty of some of her YouTube videos remains far removed from what we have seen so far, perhaps never to be seen.

Listen to: 'Wild', 'Sexy Lady', 'Excuse My Rude'
on 9 January 2014
Albums like this don't come around very often! I can honestly have this on repeat for hours and not get bored, and out of 17 tracks there are only probably two I'd skip. Jessie's vocals are amazing: more mature, her range is fantastic, and the diction - well, you don't hear such good diction very often either in contemporary pop. Every song gets into the lyrics without much fuss, and there are no fade-outs. Also pretty rare. The lyrics are great - fun or sassy, emotional and at some moments very moving but always with a relatable story - and the range of styles shows us that Jessie is an extremely versatile singer, especially as all are executed with smooth panache.

My personal faves are Thunder, Unite and Daydreamin' (but that may be because I'm an 80s girl!). Alive is different from her first album and all the better for it, I think. I would recommend this album to anyone - I promise you won't be disappointed!
on 28 December 2013
so very happy with this cd she is one of the best great value for money thanx very much great
on 30 November 2013
My first Jessie J as I have fallen in love with her voice thought this cd was just great buy
on 26 September 2013
First off, it is rare that I will listen to an album in its entirety, however this one I have listened to in full atleast 5 times now. There are some really great songs on this- Wild is the obvious first that comes to mind being the lead single. Others are 'sexy lady' which has been in my head for days, 'It's my party', 'excuse my rude', 'daydreamin' and 'hero'.

The other songs are not bad songs by any means - Jessie is a great singer and songwriter it can't be denied, but it all seemed a bit 'samey', many tracks sound similar and merge into one. I think this album could have done with some more upbeat songs so the other tracks would stand out more.

If you are a fan of Jessie J you will no doubt be delighted with this album, you can see a lot of effort has been made. But as a casual listener of Jessie some of the tracks just aren't distinguishable enough for me.