5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd
Arrived next day well packaged. Fantastic album played it loads ,good songs and lyrics her best so far if you like her music buy it !
Published 19 months ago by Mrs Wink

3.0 out of 5 stars Some great songs, but many are too similar and blur together
First off, it is rare that I will listen to an album in its entirety, however this one I have listened to in full atleast 5 times now. There are some really great songs on this- Wild is the obvious first that comes to mind being the lead single. Others are 'sexy lady' which has been in my head for days, 'It's my party', 'excuse my rude', 'daydreamin' and 'hero'...
Published 21 months ago by Pepper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, 11 Dec. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pop Album!, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Alive (MP3 Download)
Wonderful vocals and some superb dance tracks make this an excellent 2nd album from Jessie J.

But the track that will hit home with a lot of listeners is "I Miss Her (Even Though She's Still Here") which tackles the loss of a loved one to dementia. It is beautifully sung with a minimal arrangement and the words are heartbreakingly true to life.

I hope it is released as a single.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 Nov. 2013
Jessie J is incredible i love her so much. Her vocals on this album are without a doubt some of the best in the music industry. The song lyrics are about not just living but being and feeling ALIVE (she said this herself on her tour). The bonus tracks are very good and well worth getting this one instead of the normal one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning album, 19 Dec. 2014
This is a really diverse, powerful album. It's so underrated but I definitely recommend you buy it!

1. It's My Party 10/10
The highest charting single from the album, an instant hit single

2. Thunder 10/10
Amazing vocals and melodies, I really love it

3. Square One 10/10
I loved this straight away, brilliant song

4. Sexy Lady 10/10
Hit single, charted twice in the top 40 without even being released as a single!

5. Harder We Fall 9/10
Amazing instrumental and vocal performance, great

6. Breathe 10/10
Written by hit maker Sia, definitely a highlight

7. I Miss Her 10/10
Incredibly personal and raw track. It's touching and beautiful

8. Daydreamin' 10/10
One of my favourites, so fun

9. Excuse My Rude (featuring Becky G) 10/10
Amazing dub inspired track, must listen!

10. Wild (featuring Big Sean and Dizzee Rascal) 10/10
The beat is brilliant, the melodies fit and are so addictive

11. Gold 10/10
At first I thought it was slightly boring but it soon grew to be one of the best

12. Conquer The World (featuring Brandy) 10/10
One of my favourites, stunning track by two of the best artists

13. Alive 9/10
Admittedly I didn't think much of it at first but now I adore it!

14. Unite 8/10
The weakest track on the album but still very good, also penned by Sia

15. Hero 10/10
The explosive hit single featured on the Kickass 2 soundtrack

16. Magnetic 10/10
The incredibly well produced single from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack, get deluxe just for this!

17. It's My Party 8/10
I'm not overly keen on remixes but this is really good

This deserves way more credit, give it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Jessie :), 5 Dec. 2013
I am a massive Jessie J fan so am probably bias, but its an amazing album. If you've never listened to her before then start right here. There is something for everybody and its such a diverse album. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I've heard in AGES!, 9 Jan. 2014
Albums like this don't come around very often! I can honestly have this on repeat for hours and not get bored, and out of 17 tracks there are only probably two I'd skip. Jessie's vocals are amazing: more mature, her range is fantastic, and the diction - well, you don't hear such good diction very often either in contemporary pop. Every song gets into the lyrics without much fuss, and there are no fade-outs. Also pretty rare. The lyrics are great - fun or sassy, emotional and at some moments very moving but always with a relatable story - and the range of styles shows us that Jessie is an extremely versatile singer, especially as all are executed with smooth panache.

My personal faves are Thunder, Unite and Daydreamin' (but that may be because I'm an 80s girl!). Alive is different from her first album and all the better for it, I think. I would recommend this album to anyone - I promise you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars happy, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Alive (Audio CD)
so very happy with this cd she is one of the best great value for money thanx very much great

5.0 out of 5 stars what a surprised, 30 Nov. 2013
My first Jessie J as I have fallen in love with her voice thought this cd was just great buy

3.0 out of 5 stars Some great songs, but many are too similar and blur together, 26 Sept. 2013

The other songs are not bad songs by any means - Jessie is a great singer and songwriter it can't be denied, but it all seemed a bit 'samey', many tracks sound similar and merge into one. I think this album could have done with some more upbeat songs so the other tracks would stand out more.

If you are a fan of Jessie J you will no doubt be delighted with this album, you can see a lot of effort has been made. But as a casual listener of Jessie some of the tracks just aren't distinguishable enough for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Alive (Audio CD)
I didn't actually buy this from here I bought it from her website! But if you love jessie at all I would recommend this for you! This album is amazing! Inspiring! Her voice is so much stronger now she's an incredible artist! Herself and Claude Kelly have write the songs on this album! Sexy lady is personally my favourite! It's a get up and dance song!

Alive