5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 19 days ago by Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 22 April 2014
J Platt (Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FSL Zinc Zn30 Earphones / In Ear Headphones for all Portable Devices - 3 YEAR WARRANTY - (Metallic Red) (Electronics)
Bought because of mostly positive reviews but occasional poor ones - as is the case with most headphones in this price range. However to date extremely pleased, arrived promptly, well packed and all accessories as promised. My hearing is not acute so I may not be the best person to review too critically but the sound through these is high quality to my ears and at the price I paid I think they are superb value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all-rounder, 2 May 2014
Excellent sound quality, good quality build and superb sound. At this price I was very suprised. These headphones beat any I've previously owned hands-down including some up to four times the price (Bose in-ear for example). The fact that they come with a zip-up case and a variety of ear tips only impresses me more. Good quality doesn't always have to cost the earth - as in the case of these headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars But I just have to share the joy of owning these, 13 Aug 2014
OK! So I'm the " I don't normally do it" kinda guy.
But I just have to share the joy of owning these!
I never set my standard below Sennheiser CX 300 as those were just great!
Well, these are better. No exclamation mark needed.
I've got them paired with Cowon D2 but even on my Galaxy S3 they sound so meaty and full-bodied I reckon they'll bring the best out of whatever you have as your music source!
Simple :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 29 Dec 2013
Firstly it's important to say that I'm a recording engineer, so I'm really fussy about what earphones I use. Over the years I've owned a lot of earphones from the likes of Bose, Sennheiser, Sony, Klipsch and many more. These eclipse them all.

I only tend to use in-ears as a point of reference, preferring the depth and space of the open back headphone, but these things are quite simply remarkable. I bought them mainly because the reviews looked good, and the price was perfect (as after years of disappointment having spent 100+ on in-ears, I now don't like to spend too much).

The packaging to start looks professional and well thought out, a premium product. And that opinion doesn't change as you open them up, the headphones themselves feel like quality. I noticed another reviewer said they were disappointed that they didn't feel more like metal...well I don't know what planet they are from, but you can definitely tell they are metal! They feel absolutely gorgeous in your hand, they are nicely weighted, and the colour (in my case Blue) looked stunning. I've never owned a pair of in-ears that weren't plastic, so right from the get-go these feel special.

I know there are some that say it's not required, but I burned the earphones in for around 24 hours (search headphone burn in track). Think of it like getting a new pair of shoes, you need to break them in before they feel at their best, and it's the same with most earphones. Before burn in, the high frequencies did sound a little harsh, not bad, just a little too sibilant for my tastes, after burn in they had mellowed out nicely.

The sound of these things is nothing short of remarkable, especially when you throw in the price! The bass is alive and punchy, without completely washing over everything. The mids are smooth and nicely tuned, and the highs crisp and accurate. Of course I'm in no doubt you can get better sounding earphones...but you'd have to pay at least 3 times the price, and even then there's not guarantee (I bought some Bose in-ears a few years ago that cost just over 100, and they were the worst sounding things to ever enter my ears!).

Will these headphones last? Well the 3 year warranty seems to suggest the manufacturer is confident that they will, quite a remarkable warranty period for a company no one has heard of! A great little cherry on the top.

To sum up, you won't get a better pair of earphones for anywhere near this price. From the premium feel, to the premium sound, these earphones are the real deal; infact the only thing that isn't premium about them is the price. Snap these up, before they realise they should be selling these for at least twice the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones I've owned yet!, 7 May 2014
These headphones beat my other more expensive ones in sound quality.
Really cool with all the different size ear fittings in the package.
I would recommend these to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 12 May 2014
11.may .2014 just bought a pair of these headphones
Excellent choice wasn't expecting the case nice surprise lots of add on buds and guards for the earsbuild quality looks good,
At this time I would return to buy another pair if these do a runner
5 stars because neither the seller or product havent had a chance to disappoint me yet .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality, 4 May 2014
Very good looking and excellent sound quality. The case that came with it is very useful as well as the variety of size ear adapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, 29 April 2014
Very stylish and very comfy to wear, i have very small ear canals and have found it difficult to get earphones that fit me but these do, also use them with he ear fins which make them the best I have found..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in-ear headphones, 28 April 2014
I've tried a few sets of in-ear headphones and the sound quality on these is excellent, i'm really pleased with them. Add in the guarantee, the extras and the hard oyster case carry pouch and the value for money is excellent. Build quality is excellent. Delivery was prompt. What more do you you want?

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Aug 2014
Very disappointed after so many great reviews. Even after running in I felt the sound was flat, 2-dimensional and lacking in bass. Part of the problem admittedly is that I seemed to be 'between sizes' on the silicon buds meaning I was struggling to get the right fit but even using the foam plugs which gave a nice tight seal I felt the sound was poorer than the in-ears I was replacing which cost half the price. Gave them to my wife and after a couple of days she gave up on them too, complaining they were 'too heavy' and kept falling out her ears no matter what size bud she used.

Put them in the drawer and ordered a pair of Soundmagic E10's instead and am delighted with them - wish I'd gone for them first and saved myself the cash. Sorry guys.