5.0 out of 5 stars Cool little thing
For starters the battery on this is excellent. You seriously get 10 hours of music.
And when you hear that music, it has a decent sound balance.
Published 14 months ago by Timothy Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great
Good sound but every time I do something on mobile device music is interrupted for a second. Not seen this in a comparable speaker
Published 8 months ago by Zoro

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool little thing, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: AZATOM® Droid Black - Powerful Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker - Dual 5W driver and Woofer - iPhone 6s - 6 - 5s - 5c - 4s - Android. Deep Powerful Bass - Designed and Developed in the UK - Auto reconnect - Long life battery upto 15 Hours of Music (Electronics)
And when you hear that music, it has a decent sound balance.
You can hear the bass nicely, and there's no tinnyness. It fits on the palm of your hand easily, so don't expect booming sound. But it does reach a decent volume and is really clear. The range on the bluetooth is good too. So you can stick it in the bathroom while in the bath, move it around with you if cooking etc..
Even better, the price. Look at beatpill and Jambone....I'd love to-but 160 quid and upwards. This wins hand down. It wont win design awards, but It looks good too, and they send you a soft wipe thing to clean it down with and make it all shiny again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. You can't really go wrong with this little gem.., 14 Feb. 2014
P. D. Rogers "South Shields" (South Shields,England) - See all my reviews
I studied loads of reviews on Amazon and eventually opted for the Droid. Based mostly on good reviews and battery life. I am delighted with performance and quality for such little money.

Although slightly bigger than some mini speakers. (At the bottom it is about the same diameter as a tin of tuna, but tapers up nicely to about 7cm diameter to the top of the shiney case, then the speaker 'mesh' tapers even more. It stands about 6.5cm high). So it is still very portable and is not too heavy. It is solidly built and does not rattle/buzz or move about even playing heavy metal at maximum volume.

As for the sound, it is quite remarkable for such a small unit. Clarity is superb across the range, even at full volume. The bass performance is very good, no it doesn't rattle your windows but a 5w output speaker never would. The bass is punchy and quite remarkable especially as it handles the mid and higher frequencies so very well. Yes it is easily loud enough to fill a largeish room with enough sound so people can't hear what you are talking about without asking you to turn it down! I also tried it outside on the decking and it is plenty loud enough to anoy the neighbours. It does sound much better and louder placed on a solid raised surface such as a table, cabinet or mantle piece.

Bluetooth conectivity is good and pairs immediatley with my ipad and works anywhere in the house and outside.
Battery life seems remarkable as I have had the speaker for nearly two weeks and I have used most days for an hour or so on lowish volume and it is still on its initial charge.

The only features that would be handy, although you have a pause and play button and volume control on the unit. There are no 'skip track / back track' buttons on the unit. Not the end of the world but would have been a nice feature especially as the Droid is bluetoth IV and probably could have catered for this.

Well done Azatom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic portable speaker!, 24 Mar. 2014
A. Whiteford "donka154" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 3:18 Mins

This a video review of the Azatom Droid portable Bluetooth speaker. Azatom are a UK company with a great selection of speaker solutions available. The Droid is a simple single speaker driver solution which means you have one larger speaker instead of trying to fit two smaller speakers into the same size of enclosure. This means the Droid offers a fuller sound than similar sized speakers can offer in my experience. If you want something portable with virtually universal device support and a great sound for the size, I highly recommend the Droid. Long battery life and strong build quality just add to the package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb little speaker, 9 Sept. 2014
Schnuggles (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Opportunity arose to review this item and I am very impressed.

Item comes nicely packed in a small box which includes a audio cable, USB cable, cleaning cloth, manual and the speaker. The speaker itself feels very well crafted and won't look out of place particularly because of it's small size. USB socket and jack socket are on the base along with the volume and play/pause buttons.

First device I tried was my laptop using the 3.5mm audio cable. Plugged straight in, no hitches and played beautifully. The quality of the sound is impressive and has a good level of bass which most tablet/phone/laptops don't do very well. The treble was nice and crisp and really is one of the best small speakers I have come across. Even if this device had no Bluetooth I would highly recommend it.

Second device I tried was my aging Blackberry phone. To use Bluetooth you switch the speaker on, press the play button for 3 seconds then press the play button for a further 5 seconds. It will then display in the list of Bluetooth devices. While I was in the process of doing this, my partner connected her new Windows phone to it - she thought she was funny. So both the Blackberry (aging technology) and a new Nokia worked brilliantly. Control was possible from the phone or the speaker and has a wide range so walked into the next room without a drop in connection.

In addition, as other reviewers have commented, you get 10 hours of battery life!

It definitely impressed me.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 25 Nov. 2013
blooming great I got one for myself first and now have got this for my friend and now it is snowballing every body likes it the sound is awesome for the price I can well recomend it, well worth the money the fact that you can also connect to a laptop etc and get a much better sound as well the whole familey now want one each and have told them where to get this item really good

5.0 out of 5 stars Azatom droid bluetooth speaker, 19 Sept. 2013
Chinda Ajoku "CHINMAN" (GLASGOW, UK) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a bluetooth speaker for a while & was going to buy the azatom ufo after reading the good reviews. The only negative thing about the ufo people said was the bass could be better. After finding out azatom were developing a new bluetooth speaker i waited months & finely ordered the droid when it was released on september 13th 2013. First thing i noticed when it arrived was how small it was, easly sat on palm of my hand & was hard to imagine it being powerful for such a tiny speaker. I turned it on in my mums sitting room, my mobile connected straight away, placed the speaker in the middle room on laminated floor. Played puff daddy i'll be missing you with volume up full could hear the bass thumping straight away & vocals were clear sound loud but not distorted. My mums partner who was about to go to sleep in next room came through cause he could hear it from bedroom lol. Excellent buy for £24.99 from amazon, The bass is amazing for such a small speaker. Its strong not muffled like on most other bluetooth speakers due to the droid having two bass ports on the bottom & the passive radiater inside. My pal has a istation speaker which is 3 times bigger but isnt as loud & bass is feable compared to azatom droid! Also the droid looks stylish & has the latest bluetooth 4.0 & charges through usb, it even fitted in my android phone charger. Definetly better than cambridge minx & as good as bose sound link mini but way cheaper. Plus is a british company there speakers made in uk, in all recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't mess with the Droid, 6 Jan. 2014
If you are looking for a Bluetooth speaker in this price range "Look no further"
My Droid arrived I took it out of the box paired it up with my phone no problems at all paired up first time put on a track and just couldn't believe the quality of the sound. Every time I put it on I am just amazed the sound this small speaker pumps out. The BASS is really amazing.
I have listened to the HDMX jam and the Bose sound link the bass of the Droid is far better than the HDMX jam and on par with the Bose sound link.
Believe me you will not be disappointed .

5.0 out of 5 stars Have realistic expectations and this is fantastic for its size, 9 Jan. 2015
Wanted to give my opinion into the mix for potential buyers.
For the size this is a brilliant little speaker! I own a Bose soundlink mini which I'm about to sell as I've also just bought a Sony SRS X5 & that is even better than the Bose whilst being significantly cheaper - both these units produce absolutely physics-defying bass and (the Sony especially) produce wonderful full-range sound.
This Droid cannot compete with those devices in terms of bass, mids or treble BUT it's TWENTY QUID, & as long as u hear that in mind you won't be disappointed.
I've had literally dozens of small portable speakers over the years and this is the ONLY one this small that actually produces REAL bass. It's an impressive feat, especially at this price point. Device positioning is important. For example, I get the best tone placing it on my solid wooden floor near a corner: I'm listening to vampire weekend on it right now (really well produced music that tests a speaker's sonic range well) and those clean warm bass lines are actually sounding pretty damn decent. Very impressed! I only got this today and speakers generally sound a bit better once they've 'burned in' so I expect this to even improve slightly after a few days. I also can't vouch yet for the claimed battery life but assume all the other reviewers are correct - 10 hours or so for such a device is highly impressive :0)
If you have realistic expectations of such a small device (I.e. That it's not going to rattle your to cage with dubstep basslines or blow your windows out with volume!) then you'll really enjoy this speaker. Twenny quid (off'v the supplier from eBay)!?! - this really is a great bargain and is ideal as something to just chuck in a bag or keep in the bathroom, etc. it's almost disposable at this price, & the sound quality represents excellent value for money. And it's a British company too: niceness!
A really pleasing find, this one. Will make great gifts too at this price!

5.0 out of 5 stars buddy, 8 Nov. 2013
Only had my supertooth buddy a couple of day's but I'm already impressed with the quality. The speaker is very good, no distortion at all, and my husband said it sounded like I was actually in the room with him. ..! High praise indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Droid, you little beast you!, 29 Nov. 2013
I don't write reviews very often, usually only if I have strong views one way or another, but I felt compelled to write a positive review for the Azatom Droid. I received my Droid today less than 48 hours after ordering (great service!), I opened it up and gave it a full charge first before trying it out, in under a couple of hours the red light went out indicating a full charge, I then quickly and easily paired my ipad with the Droid in less than 30 secs and proceeded to try it out with some music, a bit of Five Finger Death Punch! I was completely stunned at the quality of sound produced by such a tiny device, the drums, bass, guitar and vocals all sound balanced and suitably beefy, and plenty loud enough to fill my room with rich sound. I am more than happy with this purchase and now seriously considering buying a larger Azatom device, might have to buy another Droid first though because my wife keeps nicking it!