on 16 January 2014
Well i bought mine direct from the Sony website, I feel it is very expensive for the quality of the product.

I ordered mine on 30th October 2013, I can't complain about the fit and it does exactly what it was designed for, however within 2 weeks of having the product it became apparent that the quality was not so good. Every corner of the case started devloping cracks, these gradually got bigger until the point where the case didn't stay on the phone.

Again I can't fault Sony Customer Care when I phoned them, they were happy to send me out a replacement. After a few minutes on the phone, the Customer Service representative told me that they were actually out of stock and they were not going to be getting anymore in. Quite surprising as they hadn't actually been out all that long.

I would assume from the quick discontinuation by Sony that they have realised this is a sub-standard product, just a shame they haven't come up with a better design instead. Interestingly the white one is still in stock from Sony.
on 15 October 2013
The case itself isn't as nice as a £7.99 tpu case I got from eBay.

The latching mechanism for the qx10 is incredibly tight on the case I have. Difficult to attach the camera smoothly, not as clean an operation as the camera's included mount that's for sure.

The mount itself protrudes from the back of case approximately 3mm, and doesn't make for particularly comfortable handling of the phone.

Not a case I'll leave on all the time, but a handy addition for when I know I'll be toting the qx10.

All in all, don't pay £40 for one, wait for Amazon to get them back in stock for £20.
on 21 November 2013
I was one of the unfortunates who paid the full price for this item. Yes it fits the phone, and the QX10, but is made from the kind of cheap plastic you would expect to find on a microwave meal package. I thought this was an official Sony product when I ordered it, and if it is, then Sony you should be ashamed of yourselves. Don't waste your money on this item.
on 9 December 2013
Using the case to attach my lens to has saved time and hassel. I find that not having to use the clamp anymore means I have stopped scratching my phone.
on 25 October 2013
Very disappointed with this. It isn't a case it is just a clip on for attaching the camera. It offers no protection whatsoever for the front of the phone. Surely the term "case" implies that the item is enclosed (or encased")

Sent it back straight away
on 9 October 2013
great case for xperia z1 - solid & study doesnt make it any bigger and the camera attachment facility is brilliant
on 17 October 2013
A friend of mine bought one of these last week when it was £18. Today it's £42. No thanks Amazon, I'll wait until the price drops again. You can even get them direct from Sony for £25.
on 29 December 2015
was good too attach the lens however not enough protection for your phone. Also was quite flimsy.
on 8 November 2013
I purchased Sony QX lens, so I bought this to work better with lens.
It is compact and tight fit, so phone doesn't get bigger, and also prevent slippery grips.
I bought it when it is first available at £21 pound, but it seems amazon price changing a lot from £18-41.
So, wait and buy the product when price is right.
on 14 October 2013
This product is £25 on sony's own website.

What is the explanation for this huge price tag?

Great product though and makes it alot less hassle to attach and detach the lens.