4.0 out of 5 stars Battery that just keeps on giving
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:47 Mins
This review is of the 22400mAh Red and Black version of the battery, kindly provided to me for review purposes.

Published 9 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

1.0 out of 5 stars I would definitely not recommend it.
This battery stopped working a month after I bought it. I had just used it twice. It managed to fail the day the "return window" had closed. Extremely unhappy. I would definitely not recommend it.
Published 1 month ago by Jim

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery that just keeps on giving, 15 Mar 2014
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: EC Technology® 2nd Gen Deluxe 22400mAh Ultra High Capacity 3 USB Output External Battery With 3-modes LED Flashlight Portable Power Bank Charger For iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus, HTC One, Most other Phones and Tablets - Black & Red (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 1:47 Mins

With so many devices being charged via USB these portable battery chargers are becoming increasingly popular for those who need to top up on the go. This battery holds a massive 22400mAh, which is enough to keep charging a single mobile over and over again. I charged my HTC One X from only this for a week and it showed no signs of running low on power.

The battery has 2 USB charging ports on it so you can, for example, easily charge a mobile and a tablet at the same time. I also liked the addition of a torch which is activated by a double press of the only button on the battery. This really adds to the use of the battery and makes it really handy to keep in the car or take camping.

As well as the battery you also get two USB to adapter cables. These allow you to plug in the included adapters for iPhone, PSP, mini USB and micro USB. Although this is a great idea you quickly realise you've not actually got anywhere to store these adapters, this doesn't come with any carry case. That's my only real issue with this, it's well designed and perfect for travel...but what are you meant to do with all the little plugs that come with it?

For most this isn't really an issue, it's likely you will just use your existing USB cable, but the addition of a carry case for the battery and accessories would make this an even more brilliant travel gadget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchase of the year, 29 July 2014
One of the best things I have ever bought. Up until two weeks ago I didn't even know these things existed and when I found out I immediately scoured Amazon for the cheapest one. I quickly realised that cheap is not cheerful when buying a power bank and it's better to buy one with a big capacity such as this one 22,400 MaH. This means one can charge a phone (which are generally around 2000 MaH) multiple times and a tablet a fair few times as well. The charge time is fantastic for a portable device and when the power bank dies it takes about 16-17 (roughly) hours to fully charge again. This is a given though judging by the internal size of the thing. Very easy to take out and about. People complain about the size and weight.... It's slightly heavy and larger than a standard phone but come on..... No plug sockets?? Charging on the GO!!?? What a small price to pay for that. Includes a handy torch which can be activated by double clicking on the power switch, and the power has a time delay so it switches itself off after a short time of inactivity. This is absolutely the purchase of the year for me I don't know how I coped without this and I will never be without my power bank now

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable box of awesomeness!!!!, 22 Aug 2014
Unbelievable power supply!!

This arrived with all 4 lights showing and appeared to be fully charged. My group took it on a 3 day trek with maps on my ipad. After about 1 1/2 charges of iphone 5's on the train up, one light went out, so we though we'd better calm down on useage a bit. Luckily, we had a hotel the night before the trek, so plugged it in....

....In the morning, the 4th light was still flashing when we woke up, showing that it was still charging, but went solid soon after, so 1 light had taken a lot of charging.

And now I know why!!!!! What an awesome power source!! Still on that 1st full charge, I've had 2 full ipad3 charges (and they take a lot) and 5 or 6 fullish iphone 5's and 3 lights are still showing!!!!

There are 2 outputs, but I've only bothered with the faster 2.1A one.

This thing could easily power your devices for an entire holiday if req. I've started using it to charge things routinely at home, just because it is portable.

I didn't know, but prob only needed one half this size. But in this case more if defo more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 2 July 2014
Length:: 2:46 Mins

I purchased this device for my trip to Glastonbury festival with the hope it would keep me going during the festival with access to my phone (HTC One). First comment has to be WOW!!! Not only did it fully charge my device every single day I was there (5 in total) but it still had around half of its charge capacity when I came home.
So more on the specifics;
The charger comes boxed with multiple adaptors to suit various phones/tablets but if you have the cable for your device you don't really need these. One thing is did lack was a wall charger but that isn't really an issue as I'm sure most people will have a USB wall charger of some sort. It wasn't advertised as having a wall charger so this is by no means a negative comment more just an informative one for people who want to know.
The initial charge as some have said on here is long, but what do people expect this is charging a 22400mAh battery pack, it's going to take a while. I put mine on early evening and it was complete by the time I got up the next day. A small price to pay to have this kind of capacity in my mind.
There are 3 ports on the charger, a 1 amp usb, a 2 amp usb and a miro usb port for charging the unit up. If your device supports it, which my HTC one did the 2 amp port really does speed up the charging process. During the festival I would charge my HTC one overnight mainly using the 1 amp port as I was in no rush at that point. There were one or 2 occasions where I wanted to give the phone a quick boost so would put it into flight mode to disable everything and then connect it to the 2 amp port. The results were stunning, I could add 20% + battery to my phone in no time enabling me to continue that day without worrying about switching data services or wifi off.
As for the size of the device some people have mentioned on here, it's going to be big, it's a huge capacity battery. It's not too big that you couldn't carry it around all day in a coat or a bag. Inside your laptop bag on travels you wouldn't even notice it I'm sure of that.
The build quality is very good on this pack, it doesn't feel as cheap as some others I have used.
I'm flying with my wife daughter in July so it is going to be a good test of this charger for my IPad and phone at the same time while she watches every cartoon I can find. I will post a follow up after that trip.
All in all I would definitely recommend this device to anyone wanting a high capacity portable charger.
EC have asked me to do a video review of the device so that will be available soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ref: 22400mAh BLACK&RED version - At a rating of 82.8Watt-hours, it is perfect for flights out of the UK and other long journeys, 1 Dec 2014
James Kaplonek "gadgeteer" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Ref: 22400mAh BLACK&RED version - BE CAREFUL WHICH VERSION YOU SELECT AND WHICH REVIEWS ARE ABOUT WHICH PRODUCT AS THEY SEEM TO ALL BE LUMPED TOGETHER! BAD AMAZON :(EC Technology® 2nd Gen Deluxe 22400mAh Ultra High Capacity 3 USB Output External Battery With 3-modes LED Flashlight Portable Power Bank Charger For iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus, HTC One, Most other P...

Just bought one of these bad boys to keep my PSVita, Phone, and other devices going during the long-ass coach + flight journey from the UK to Manila I have next weekend. It was mentioned by a friend that flying out from the UK now has strict rules on batteries so I got a little worried, but all seems good! Apparently for anyone who doesn't know, the rules are:

- Spare lithium metal or lithium ion cells or batteries:
When carried by passengers for personal use these must be individually protected so as to prevent short circuits [...] and carried in carry-on baggage only.

- Each spare battery must not exceed the following:
+ lithium metal or lithium alloy batteries, a lithium content of not more than 2 grams;
or
+ lithium ion batteries, a watt-hour rating of not more than 100 Wh.

This little baby is A+ Lithium Ion, with a watt-hour rating of 82.8Wh, so absolutely fine, and I got the carry case they sell with it which is a perfect addition! Apparently if the battery is between 100 and 160Wh, you need to have approval from the airline before flying so this is perfect as it doesn't fall into that category.

At least I'm safe in the knowledge that even if I can't sleep much on the plane now, I will be able to enjoy my games and music for way more than the whole journey, this thing has enough charge in it for my Vita about 12 times over! (note that it's the Vita Slim (2000), which charges via USB).

I'm looking forward to putting this battery through its paces during my trip, but I've already tried it out with charging my Vita and S3 several times. It works flawlessly and as long as you get a 2A charger (sold separately) the thing only takes 13-15 hours to FULLY charge from empty!

To top it all off, it looks and feels great, is solidly built, and the ports are solid too. Very impressive product at a very impressive price, and perfect for those wishing to use its power on flights or other long-haul journeys! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive capacity!, 10 Aug 2014
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
I was sent this power bank by EC Technology to review. This device comes nicely boxed and in the package you get the power bank, a Micro-USB lead and clear instructions including support details.

The power bank itself looks and feels very well made - it is mainly of metal (aluminium) construction with a subtle "fin" detail akin to a heat sink at the edges. The unit measures 78mm wide x 160mm long and 14.5mm thick - it will easily fit in a briefcase, handbag or coat pocket without difficulty. The size of the unit is very compact considering you've got 12000mAh to draw on when fully charged.

Set into the device on the front surface is the on/off switch which by toggling also operates the LED torch, plus, there's a cool looking four segment LED charging/charge remaining indicator. On the main end panel you've got the two full size USB outputs - one is rated at up to 1A and the other at up to 2.1A output. Charging is electronically managed and I've tested this unit with he following devices - iPad3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 (7"), Nokia Lumia and Moto G smartphones plus a Garmin Nuvi satnav and all charge perfectly at roughly the same speed as with their own mains charger. The power bank itself takes around 4/5 hours to charge from flat with a mains USB charger. The unit has electronic protection against mishaps like short circuits and overcharging etc. so is safe plus it carries safety approval marks.

The power bank will charge an iPad to about 75% plus and a smartphone several times over. However, I think most people won't be using a power bank to charge their tablet/phone as a matter of routine. Most users will probably use the power bank to connect a device with a low internal battery to prolong its usability, and, with the capacity of this unit, that is likely to be many, many hours of extra use. In addition, there's a handy LED torch facility - okay, it's not a searchlight, but more than enough to help you find your way between the car and the house and then find the keyhole in the dark.

The reasons I like this EC Technology power bank are that it's well made, compact in size (especially considering its significant output), safe and versatile plus, has a built in torch. In my opinion one of the better power banks out there. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its money 100%, 17 Mar 2014
I have been using this powerbank for a month, and I believe that it offers you as much as other products which cost twice+ as much.

Very robust materials and construction that has nothing to do with common chinese products you find on ebay.

I ended up buying this product after lots of searching on ebay/amazon, and I am happy that I made a very good choice. Thanks also to all the people who commented on this product and which helped to this decision :)

(about the 12000mAh version with the LCD screen)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really efficient portable charger!, 17 May 2014
I got told about this by a friend of my sons, and as I have a few festivals etc to go to this summer I thought this would be perfect.
Avoiding the long queues to recharge the phone, having the phone that I want rather than something without such good camera etc. I haven't been disappointed! I keep it in my bag and have found that I can charge my phone at any time. It does what it says on the box! It does cost a bit more than other chargers, but already I have had my moneys worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for, 16 July 2014
I used this for 5 days in Glastonbury festival. We had two phones to keep charged (mine and my girlfriends). I had an Xpreia Z1 which has a large screen and uses a lot of power and my girlfriend had an i-phone 4s. We had enough power from this device to keep them both charged all the way through until we got home with power left in the device. EE were trialling their power bars at the festival this year too. The reason we bought the EC was because the EE power bars were sold out. The EE power bars were £20 each but you could only charge 1 phone 1 time on it. We were going to buy 2 EE power bars which would have cost us £40. You could swap your EE for a new one once they had ran out, but with the EC battery we didn't have to worry about walking all the way to the EE tent to swap it. Great value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars The charger stopped charging., 5 Oct 2014
It worked for a week and then wouldn't recharge. When it worked it was great but think I just had a faulty one. I've sent it back and re-invested in the slimmer one of the same make, I hope it doesn't let me down like this one did. I'll keep my fingers crossed.