on 25 March 2014
All I usually do is use the license key to upgrade/renew my already- installed NIS. This is the latest 2014 version. I got it for about £23. MUCH cheaper than Norton direct.
If you have some days left on an existing license you will lose them despite what is says on the renewal dialog BECAUSE it is a NEW license. BUT if you wait till one day before the old licence expires you get 366 days anyway. You can of course contact Norton to get your old days added back. Live chat is useful for this. Go via the support link as presumably you have it already installed.
So, 1 day before expiry of the old licence, I usually update 3 PC's by entering the license code. Helps to be logged onto your Norton Account too.
Good luck.Do all this BEFORE calling Norton to get your stolen days back.
I like the product but Norton is not very user friendly when renewing. Usually you get a free upgrade to the new version later in the year (autumn)

UPDATED SEPTEMBER 25 2014. SEE MY COMMENTS BELOW. IT'S NOW A GOOD TIME TO CLICK THE NORTON RENEW BUTTON IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION TO GET ONE MORE YEAR FOR NOT MUCH MONEY!!
55 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2014
It successfully blocks spam, detects viruses, and protects my online surfing, but it is so resource hungry that my computer often freezes for minutes at a time, and some websites lock up completely.
on 10 February 2014
I've used this product for several years and have been very pleased with it. Unfortunately this time it did not install very easily at all and needed alot of adjustment to various registry entries to make it useable. Very good when up and working but will think twice about buying it again.
on 27 December 2013
Very good product which i have used for years does what it says on the box,
good fast delivery from amazon i would recomend this product.
on 18 January 2014
Been using Norton Internet Security for a couple of years now. It slows the computer but not too badly. Now using it on three PCs. Much cheaper on Amazon than doing an auto-renew.

This one wouldn't complete the install from the disk, but the auth code on the box worked with the download direct from Symantec so no problem.

As someone else noted, it is worth checking you've got the right version under "Support"-"About", the lastest is 21.1.0.18. One of our PCs needed a prod to update.
on 21 February 2014
This product is brilliant. I purchase a copy each year to protect both my computers and it does not fail to fully protect.

Highly recommend!
on 6 February 2014
This product offers a good level of security and comes from a well-established source. It is easy to install and is a Which? Best Buy.
on 7 September 2014
Bought this item to continue using Norton that was pre-installed on my Packard Bell Computer the software itself works great and keeps my computers running smoothly, also updates itself daily without me having to do anything (which is an added bonus). There is no CD in the Package you download the software (if not already installed) and use the activation key supplied if it is already installed on your PC then you follow the on screen instructions where it says 'I have a key or code to enter' then input the supplied code you need to do this on each computer you have the software installed on.
on 27 September 2014
Norton is the only internet security product I have ever used but I can no longer use it because this version does not work.
My laptop runs Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and for whatever reason it repeatedly causes the Blue Screen of Death. I have spent literally hours with the Norton IT Support guys in India who are excellent. However, the problem is that the software is just not written properly so the support guys cannot solve it. I have now admitted defeat, given up and bought Kaspersky instead.

Just thought I should warn people.

So long Norton.
on 28 February 2014
I bought this because to resubcribe on the Norton site was far more expensive, which is not impressive when it tells you you're getting a good deal by doing so. Then when I ran this, while it worked, I lost the time I had left on my subscription. Fortunately it wasn't very long, but Norton shouldn't have it set up this way. It's absurd enough you're forced to get Norton again and again because removing it is a nightmare.