Published 19 months ago by Mike Rowland

Published 7 months ago by G 1975

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Drama and can buy lot cheaper individual volumes, there are 20 volumes for full set and you can buy all for under £250.t, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Prisoner: Cell Block H - Complete Collection - 174-DVD Box Set ( Prisoner ) (DVD)
I ended up buying all 20 volumes individually for under £250 so yes it's very expensive for the complete collection when there is a cheaper alternative, I remember watching this on a Monday evening an we was watching a 70s drama in the late 80s and 90s but it was great. As one was watching eventually all the original characters left and the original spark started to disappear but yet the series kept going, still very enjoyable but not the same without Bea Smith, Doreen, Judy and Lizzie etc, after these characters left it was very hard to replace them but the Drama still continued for a long time, I felt as we watched it the writers where running out of ideas and repeating a lot of the old plots, for the drama to of continued they needed something new to pick it up and give it the spark it needed.

They eventually get this spark when Ferguson is arrested a role that could be continued in the future and the drama ends, they now have come out with a new series called Wentworth trying to recreate all the old casts, Bea Smith, Ferguson and here we again being faced with an updated repeat where the old story is changed. These updated version are never the same and vary from the original confusing the original plots, we would all loved to see this great drama revived and Ferguson in prison give this opportunity, Ferguson was a tough woman and if they re-cast in a different prison where Ferguson suffered under other prisoners working her way to Top dog would of put a spark on reviving this once great drama, this wasn't just a drama it was a Australian soap and could of gone on for a long time. Here we are with 20 volumes over 170 dvd's and the last 5-6 volumes slowly losing it grip and then Ferguson gets arrested and they have opportunity to put new life in the drama and they end it. The only solution they come up with is a series called Wentworth a updated repeat when they had opportunity od further this great series. We have seen this happen before like Hawaii five o and it's never the same, I would recommend the original prisoner cell block h to anyone a great fantastic Drama how brilliant it would of been to see a continuation of this drama not a repeat, keep to the original this box set but buy it separately as all 20 Volumes are available for under £250. At the moment from Amazon is individual volumes at £291.03 for all 20 or look on find DVD to compare cheapest price as I said I got it for under £250.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR ALL FANS, 5 Oct. 2009
I was given this box set as a gift from my partner in Sept 08 and we are still watching this box set and still a few volumes away from the end. WOW what can I say about it. It speaks for it's self.It is a superfans dream to own and to be able to experence Cell Block H over and over again. I Love this box set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth EVERY penny !!!, 25 Mar. 2009
I've JUST purchased this. Slaved away at a Supermarket in order to save the money for it and now I finally have it, it was ALL worth it. It's a real beaut. Presentation is lovely and you can't help but gasp in awe when you first set eyes upon it's glory. The box it all comes in is lovely and you can even lock it up so others can't nick your stuff. It's 692 episodes of the best television EVER made. And when you've finished watching the last eps, it's such a HUGE series that you can start from the beginning again !!! Always remember Lexie's two rules: you don't cheat and you don't lag...

1.0 out of 5 stars Like cell block H but wouldn't allow myself to get ripped off at over 700 quid for 340 quids worth!, 9 Oct. 2014
G 1975 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I don't hate prisoner cell block H... I just hate this rip off seller trying his best to milk the rare fantasy out of this product... I just got one in from Australia via a retailer in Holland and it cost me just a couple of pennies shy of £340... whatever you do don't pay this over the top rip off merchant what he wants for it because you can buy it direct from Australia or via Holland or Germany (genuine freemantle region 2/4 dvd's)... it's good watching but don't even consider paying over 700 quid for this!

5.0 out of 5 stars ACE, 10 Jan. 2011
i have one of these they are the best thing u can buy if u love prisoner cell block h . i have never sen it b4 then i started to watcjh them from the begining i have only just finished and i love every minitue of it . the box is ecellent as it keeps them tidy and in good condition would recomend for anybody .

5.0 out of 5 stars to dear to buy !, 12 Feb. 2009
David Machin (englang) - See all my reviews
I love the show but who has got the money to buy this! I just hope one day it will come down in price, same they never made any more of cell block h But if you can get it it is fab!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great deal, 18 April 2014
i am enjoying this box set.It is much better than trying to watch it on You Tube.Very satisfied.with it.Thanks Goodbye

5.0 out of 5 stars get this free, 23 Jun. 2013
i downloaded this via bittorrent absolutely free with dvd covers and all, its a whopping 240 gb but the picture and sound is perfect.to make it better the files are in avi format and i have my media center connected to my 65 inch lounge tv so i can watch each volume as a playlist without having the trouble of swapping discs , all extras are included aswell.i was about to buy this but have saved all that money. great stuff (-: