5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, sound great
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:14 Mins
These are excellent headphones kindly provided to me by the manufacturer to review. I've never tried Bluetooth headphones before but they give you a lot more freedom than when getting tangled up with wires.

Published 16 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for sound, but useless for calls!
After reading glowing reviews about this product, and with it being such seemingly good value for money (not to mention in my favourite colour), I purchased a set to replace my current headset. I use Skype heavily to keep in contact with friends and my partner, so good quality audio, both going out and coming in, are important to me. Sadly, I have found as soon as the...
Published 11 months ago by Annie

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, sound great, 10 Dec. 2013
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: August EP650 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo NFC Headphones - Black (Electronics)
Length:: 3:14 Mins

Setup was really simple, the instructions tell you everything you need to know. Once paired your device (in my case a mobile phone, but could easily be a tablet, laptop or PC) can automatically reconnect without needing to pair.

The design is very lightweight considering it contains a battery. They are very comfortable and they don't move around much at all. They can fold down for storage/transportation and the red colour looks fantastic.

Sound quality is excellent with music having a nice depth to it with them offering a good bass as well, no tinniness from these cans!

Controls are simple, just 5 buttons on the right hand ear. You can play/pause, adjust the volume, and skip back and forwards. The play/pause button also acts as a call answer button.

If you plan on using these as wired headphones you can do so with the included 3.5mm to 3.5mm wire. They're charged via USB.

Bluetooth range is also excellent, far better than I expected. As a test I left my mobile downstairs and the music was still playing upstairs, so you'll have no issue if you pop you phone in a bag away from the headphones.

Great set of headphones for the price, and if you've never had Bluetooth headphones before I think you'll love the wires free experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away., 2 Jan. 2014
Mr. S. Mellins (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It'd be fair to say I'm nothing short of astonished with the EP650's. The cheap-looking box gave me much cause for concern, but it really doesn't represent the product inside, which is of superb quality. How they sell these for so little is beyond me.

The materials are excellent, with soft-touch textured plastics and lovely dense foam cushions. The headband is really nicely sized, as are the earcups, combining with that great foam to make them extremely comfortable, even on my very large head.

The sound quality is super if you like this type of sound, as I do. They're extremely, slightly artificially, warm-sounding, just like most Sony cans. They've obviously been tuned this way, and because they're Bluetooth headphones they have an inbuilt amplifier which means bass is in no shortage. The highs are acceptable, nothing spectacular but I'm really not after crispy highs, and nor are most people buying consumer-grade cans. If you like the Sony-style warm sound, you'll love these.

One crucial aspect of headphones for commuters is leakage - and there is almost none at all. They're actually better isolated than even my full-on studio cans (Sony MDR-V6), despite their low price. I suspect this is because the electronics and chassis/headband joints are all well-sealed and placed over the drivers, and the edges are covered with that very dense foam. Whatever the cause, the effect is super sealing that allowed a colleague of mine to try them just now with loud hip-hop and I couldn't hear a single note, standing right next to him, in a silent office (first day back after Christmas, no one is here...).

The pairing process is of course super-easy, and being Bluetooth 4.0 the battery drain on the cans and the device streaming to them ought to be very low indeed. Many forget that regular wired headphones also take a toll on device battery life, as they take a current to power themselves from the device over the headphone wire. In practice, they use a similar amount to these Bluetooth cans which have their own power source and only require very little voltage for Bluetooth 4.0 LE, the new standard.

Some minor criticisms are still worth mentioning. As others have said in the reviews, the buttons on the right earcup, though useful, are hard to use without seeing as they have almost no tactile response - but I suspect that this is one of those things you get used to from day-in-day-out use. A more serious criticism is the LED which continues to blink blue the entire time they're connected to your device. This is more of an irritation to those around you, and happens with every Bluetooth audio device I've owned, unfortunately. On a similar note, the Play/Pause button is a bit vague and requires a good firm press to activate.

That's it - I am so hyper-critical of headphones and have sent back as many as I've bought over time, but these are definitely staying. They are absolutely deserved of 5 stars despite the minor faults, and really put the competition to shame. A steal at their current price, too - do not miss this.

EDIT 21st January 2015: After a year with these cans, I thought it'd be a good time to update this review. I am now on my second pair, as the USB port fell inside one of the cans one day. They are evidently a weak point, so do be careful when inserting the cable. That said, the replacement set I was sent actually had slightly better Play/Pause button quality, so perhaps overall build quality/QA has been improved over the year. The exchange process was handled quickly and efficiently, so I am very impressed with August overall.

The cans have otherwise held up extremely well. The sound remains warm and capable, and the battery life has been really surprisingly good (even if I've learned since writing this review that Bluetooth LE is only for low-power devices and not making a jot of difference to headphones!). I still with the LED didn't obnoxiously blink the whole time I'm wearing the things, but I forget about it most of the time, and people don't stare very often. They've shown themselves to be somewhat waterproof, having withstood many a rain shower with no protection and come out of it fine.

In conclusion, still highly recommended, but as with all audio products, YMMV.

5.0 out of 5 stars impressed, 29 Aug. 2014
I never bother leaving reviews good or bad for any purchases,
However having been so impressed by the product I felt obliged to leave some feedback
Quality 5/5
- The headphones are of good quality materials and are these built to last
-Stylish look with neat feature snap fold to store away in the additional case you can buy
Comfort 5/5
- The headband is about an inch thick inside and rest comfortably on the head no sliding movement when bending down ect...
-The ear muffs fit nice and light over the ears, I wore them whilst working out for over 1 hour without them causing discomfort other than them getting abit warm
Sound 4/5
- First song I played was skrillex WOW! Really loud clear sound abit too basey at 75%+ volume however this is in your control via equalizer.
- There is abit of sound leakage when played over half volume
Connectivity
- Flawless, I turned on device and effortlessly paired with my pc
- Again effortless pair with Samsung note 10.1
- Started loosing range when I left room device was paired to, however I turned off the wifi and gained extra range
-Phone calls are clear and you don't have to shout to be heard by the caller, works well not much else to be said
Overall I am very happy with the headphones which are comparable to the higher priced ones "dre beats" to name a few...

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive the price, 9 Mar. 2015
I have had these headphones for about a week. I have had a couple of lower-end sennheiser headphones before. Although my last one broke a while back and I switched to earphones. I now decided that I should get back to over ear headphones to get back that goosebump experience of listening to music that was lacking in the low budget earphones that I was listening to.

The Sennheiser HD 202 were my first pair of headphones and made me realize the superior comfort and quality of sound that could be purchased while still on a budget. The only problem was the wiring broke. My resolution was to never get a pair of headphones that didn't come with a removable 3.5mm aux cable.

I have also in the past had open-back headphones and due to the sound leakage I vowed never to get some of those again, despite the supposed superior quality.

When I was searching for headphones this time round my criteria was: closed back, with a removable 3.5mm cable and I wanted to try out Bluetooth as wires have always annoyed me and I have never had a Bluetooth pair before. I decided on this pair due to the price and reviews. Some of the more negative reviews were cause for concern, but knowing Amazon and how good it is with returns I decided to take the plunge.

The box looks cheap and tacky and very "made in china", but this is more to do with the graphic designer than the engineers. It just made me feel as though the company was cheap and this didn't leave me feeling completely confident about the product.

The box comes with a micro USB to USB for charging (although it is a terrible cable and very slow when I tested it on my phone) and a 3.5mm cable. The headphones are nicely designed and they fold. My version is the black ones and they are a complete fingerprint magnet. They feel light (which is good) and flimsy, though I don't think it could take much of a throwing around and beating.Out the box the pre-existing charge lasted me a couple of days of moderate usage. It also charges quite quickly, just get yourself a better cable (like your phone's).

As for the all important audio quality, it is impressive. While I would not consider myself an audiophile I was looking for something that would satisfy the void left from my cheapy earphones. The bass is definitely the strongest which fits my music taste, when I turn it right up my ears can not just hear but really feel the bass. I did not find, as others have, that the mids and highs are poor and lack detail. While they were not to the same quality as the bass they are perfectly adequate and the music sounds warm and really immerses me in the music.

As others have mentioned the flashing blue light on the side is irritating and I suggest that it should be bleep once or twice once connected and then stop. Others have mentioned a hissing when not playing music, this must be because of their music player as I hear none of this. The microphone is a a joke and the delay makes it a pain to use. Same with the controls, quite poor as there is a clear second delay once a button is pushed, to the action itself.

TL;DR
The EP650s punch above their weight. While small things like the light, mic and buttons should bring it down, I am so content with the actual listening experience that everything else is just extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars EP-650 BT Headphones - One word 'FANTASTIC', 14 Jan. 2015
Tried 2 other highly recommended headsets (both had faults on arrival). Decided to spend a little more on these (was a little dubious as although overall good reiews, there are some to make you think too)

I don't intend to use them for phone calls, so MIC, sound quality (for receipient) didn't concern me, so I've ignored related comments

IMMEDIATE IMPRESSION
-Superior look and build quality
- Over ear fit - yes earpieces are larger but:
o sound leakage eliminated (I use at 50-75% vol level and I'm told leakage = 0 at this levels, even playing
Rock
o I use in the office, on the train, out and about... GREAT
o Confort level excellent (I wear glasses). I regularly use for 2-3 hrs - I have used for 5hrs continuously, in the office, and you forget you have them on (I could managet in-ear earphones for max 2hrs then they would start to feel unconfortable
o The fit is very confortable (but not too tight), never felt like they are about to come off (I don't jog use treatmills anymore, but feel you probably could)

SOUND
o I personally like the strong Bass (great with Rock, Metal..) but often listen to Clasical guitar, Spanish guitar as well as more, clear vocals, language tapes and would rate from excellent to good (occasionally suspect that some Pop is not as good/clear as could be. I'm no expert and probably don't highly tuned ear, but for me, overall excellent and well worth the money

I bought the red (more brick red), great colour (but that's down to personal choice - sure other colours are jusat as good

Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these. Best "cheap" headphones - Better than some £200+ sets, 28 May 2014
I'm really happy with these. Bought them from this buyer (but on their ebay store).
I was looking for few things: 1. over-the-ear/cup type with decent noise cancellation (for noisy tube journeys), 2. bluetooth (no tangled wires), 3. wired option (huge bonus).
This fit all those. They are VERY comfortable. I have tried many sets in my search for a good pair under £60 (Bluedioa R, which are awesome but waaaay to huge. I'm 30 years old and felt ridiculous wearing them - so I ebayed them! Sold them for FSL Zeros which had cleaner sound, but they were so uncomfortable. Ebayed them too!) until I finally found these.
Honestly, these are so comfortable. I wear them all day without noticing it, even though they are quite big. They are very light - which is surprsing for how long the battery last: I bought a 2nd hand pair (from this seller) so already had some use, but lasts me 3 days, with use for 6hrs each day.
The noise cancellation is decent. The volume & sound is really good (so you can turn up when noise cancelling doesnt cut it on noisy tube, for eg). I can hear things in some of my favourite songs that I'd never noticed with other headsets. I'm not an audiphile, and £60 is the most I've paid for headphones (for Bluedio R, which were really ood as stated but too big) - but these are better than the those (which are reviewed as being better than Beats by Dre on youtube... ergo - THESE are better than Beats).

Only annoying thing is the flashing blue light around the multi function botton. If you use them at night in bedroom, or on flight for example, it could definitely be a problem. When battery is getting low, they flash blue & red. This is the only *potentially* bad thing that I've found, which is only a potential. For the price, you have nothing to loose. They are really good. Although I dont know anyone with a pair of Beats to properly compare, I'm certain (based on reviews of Bluedios and how THEY compare to Beats; and how my pair of Bluedios compared with these) these are at least as good as Beats. Which for the price, says a lot!
The ear cups have a lot of swivel to them (not the fixed type) so you can adjust to get optimum comfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh boy these cans perform, 15 Nov. 2014
When a product with well over 100 reviews where the majority of those reviews give it 5 stars and the value is more than reasonable one would think . . . . . . . . . "it's only because of the price". I bought over a month ago these and after burning them in (yes you might think this exercise would only apply to more illustrious brands), these headphones are now my main go to set of cans. Purchasing them was an experiment because I was fed up with snagging the wire of the regular earphones in my coat zip. But wow! Who knew Bluetooth headphones could sound sooooo good?

On the plus side paired against a similarly priced wired headphone with no difference in performance then wireless over wired . . . . . . . , there's no contest. Having the right app on your tablet or phone where you can tweak your equaliser settings . . . . . .uhhm, uhmm! Oh boy these cans perform.

On the negative though, worn for prolonged periods your ears will sweat and they suffer from sound leakage but then the product doesn't claim to be noise cancelling, so it's a given.

Their are better headphones out there for sure, but at this price and performance I feel like I'm robbing someone. It's a bargin, NO, it's a steal, NO, it's the purchase on the century. Someone once said "I liked it so much, I bought the company". Well like these headphones so much I didn't buy the company instead I acquired a second pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT HEADPHONES,BRILLIANT PRICE......., 6 Mar. 2014
Ian Murray (UK) - See all my reviews
Had these headphones about a month now and am absolutely over the moon with them.They are very comfortable to wear for long periods(watching a film),and they fit over the ear fully.Got to say that after reading reviews before i purchased,i have to point out to those who say the bass is too punchy/loud,that all you need do is adjust the volume down a bit on your device then turn volume up or down on the headphones and this controls the ammount of bass coming through! I've applied this on both music and films and the sound is terrific.Also,the range is excellent,....i've worn these watching a film and then walked around the house in and out of every room,upstairs and downstairs,and to date i've never lost contact sounds with my movie device,...my house is semi detached and quite large.I have a set of Sennheiser headphones(wired),and these bluetooth headphones are equally as good,both for quality and sound.I haven't used them for phone calls as yet.I really do recommend these to anyone else,you wont be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value headphones, 2 Dec. 2013
Well balanced audio with three input options; USB, bluetooth and 3.5mm jack. USB does transfer audio, not just charge, so if your jack solution is bad you can use direct USB with an automatic driver install.
I have been using it with bluetooth enabled computers and my iPhone 5. As far as my understanding goes with these headphones it seems that the battery power does not only power the bluetooth but also some form of EQ or physical amp. This to me, if this is true, for my experience kept the audio quality from reasonable to excellent no matter what the volume. the higher the volume the better the quality, the bass pumps too much at max volume but it is a deafening at that volume. It was simple to setup, hold the play button until on, pair on device, turn device volume to full, adjust physical volume on headphones using buttons and then your away with a great audio experience! They seem sturdy in design and can still play in heavy rain, although not suggested and dry them off after use in such conditions.

Great price to performance ratio and arrived ahead of estimated delivery date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them, 27 Oct. 2013
steve lamb (St Helier,, jersey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Recived these headphone, so easy to set up and the sound is amazing, lovley and clear just fab. I love my music load and these are great , cant get over the great sound i listen to music a lot and i am so pleased i got these. buy them you will not be disappointed.