5.0 out of 5 stars A good book from the My Story series., 20 Jan 2005
Rebecca Herman (USA) - See all my reviews
Tilly Middleton is thirteen years old in the spring of 1553, when she begins her diary. She and her family live at the Tower of London, where her father is the physician. She describes her life at home, doing chores and helping care for her younger siblings, as well as the events of the day in England. It is a time of great turmoil, as the young king, Edward, dies, and his Catholic half-sister, Mary, becomes Queen of England. During Mary's reign, many people are kept at the tower as prisoners, including Mary's Protestant half-sister, Elizabeth.
I enjoyed this book from the My Story series a lot, as I particularly like this time period, but the book covered a long time period, and as a result, the later half contained a lot less detail than I would have liked, so I wish it were longer. However, I still recommend it to readers who enjoy historical fiction in diary format or who have an interest in this time period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Book, 18 Nov 2011
Excellent little book,gives a great insight of Tudor England,a bit gory in places.You can almost smell the tower and the zoo.i learned quit a bit from this little book,only took me about an hour to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My class are really enjoying the diary extracts., 27 Feb 2014
Great historical diary entries. It is necessary to read ahead though to ensure all bits are suitable for the reader, especially if it is being used by KS2.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bloody tower, my story, A tudor Girls diary 1553-1559, 11 May 2010
D. R. Dorrington "Book Addict" (Reading UK) - See all my reviews
Good book easy read, passed on to mum who loves them and passed onto a teacher who thinks they are a great addition for her teaching of history.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four star book, 19 May 2012
The first half of this book was detailed and vivid however I was about half-way through the book and it was still just 1554. Consquently, the second half was a bit rushed but overall, a very good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorate my story from the my story series, 21 Sep 2008
A Kid's Review
Tilly middelton is daughter of the tower phision and 13 years old and ,you might have geussed lives at the tower of london in 1553 when king Edward dies the 'nine days queen' , lady jane grey is put on the thrown then excuted until the beggining of Elizabeth the first reinghs

I have to say this is one of my favorate book very well written very funny and exciting I reccomed for any fan of the my story series

5.0 out of 5 stars my story, bloody tower, 3 Sep 2008
A Kid's Review
this book gives a good potrait of tudor life from the end of edwards reign to early elizabethan reign.Tilly is a entertaining character and potrays what its like to live in the tower of london as the daughter of the tower physician from

ARRAY(0xa2686984)