on 9 August 2010
I love the 'my story' series but i was annoyed when i found out they had realsed new series and they were the same as the old ones but with different titles eg. Catherine of Aragon was called my tudor queen, young nanny was called crystel palace etc etc so read the discription first. don't be fooled!
on 26 February 2011
Another My Story triumph! This, previously titled My Tudor Queen, is the story of early Tudor 1500s. Eva travels to England full of hope for her lifelong friend and princess, Catherine of Aragon, only to meet cold Englishmen, cold palaces and barely any money. Catherine becomes a widow in April 1902 and settles into seven years of hardship,pulling strings until she marries her love, Henry. As he ascends the throne as Henry VIII of England, Catherine feels the crown on her head as well as the burden of miscarriages and failure to give the country a heir. All as Eva, married and with a child, watches on, unable to help her childhood companion who has risen so high and is now paying a small price. This is a lovely read that i read within hours. Set in an ignored time period, with amazing characters and a plotline that never gets boring, do read this and the sequel, Anne Boleyn and Me, or you will miss out!
on 25 January 2015
Catherine of Aragon came to England in 1501 with the intention of marrying Arthur the eldest son of King Henry VIII, this book is the fictionl diary of her friend Eva who came along with her.
Catherine would rather marry Arthur's younger brother Harry who was eleven years old but marries fourteen year old Arthur, it is said the marriage wasn't consummated, many problems were brewing between England, France and Spain that were to make a big affect on Catherines life.
I found this book to be confusing and boring in places, not one of the better My Story books.
on 5 November 2012
I am a huge fan of the Tudor dynasty and Catherine of Aragon so I wanted to buy this book immediatly. I had it almost ordered when I realised it was actually the same book as My Tudor Queen, but nontheless it was still amazing, one of those books you like to keep and read at a special time. I would definetly recommend!!
on 28 November 2013
When I first purchased it, I thought it was going to come out something as real diary and not fiction, c«so I was a bit disappointed at first. But I loved reading it, it got me into the mood, the ambience of leaving at that time and allowed me to know more about Catherine.
on 19 May 2012
This is a great book, full of twists and turns. It is a little bit short however exciting and thrilling. It was previosly called My Tudor Queen which could lead to some confusion - its the same book.
on 17 April 2013
I bought this in error, believing it to be an adult historical novel: it works well for providing an imaginative background for younger

readers.
on 17 April 2014
at first i thought it would be boring but i was surprised because it is now one of myfavorite books alongside suffragette!