5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting
Published 20 days ago by M. Dowden

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality very disappointing
I had this film on VHS video and jumped at the change to buy it on Blu Ray, but what a disappointment. The quality of the film is blurred and considering it was supposed to be enhanced, I consider it a bad purchase.
Published 5 months ago by Paul Lincs

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 8 Aug 2014
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Kenneth Grahame’s classic novel has lent itself to many film and television adaptations over the years and like most people I have probably seen most of them, but this one is quite possibly my favourite version. Of course there are slight variations between the story as told here and the book version, but you don’t really notice that as you get carried away with this.

Filmed with stop motion animation I always love watching this and seeing the attention to detail, with all the fireplaces, ornaments and furniture in the homes, and the outside scenes with animals and greenery. This film will keep your little ones quiet as they become enthralled as the story opens before them, and also us as adults are just as quiet as we remember this from our younger days and soon lose ourselves as well in the whole experience.

This film won both a BAFTA and an Emmy, and if this is the first time you have seen it you will soon realise why. There are subtitles on this DVD, but there are no extras.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality very disappointing, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Wind In The Willows - The Original Movie (Digitally Restored Edition - 2013) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

1.0 out of 5 stars More like vhs than blu-ray., 7 Dec 2013
Something has gone wrong with this blu-ray as it looks worse than the dvd. The picture is very soft with hardly any detail - the dvd is sharper with more detail. I dont know why they're saying this is digitally restored - it looks terrible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming movie, 2 Feb 2014
The Voice Of Reason (Erith, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A wonderful and charming movie, beautifully voiced.

I love it, my kids love it and doubtless my grand children will!

Poop, poop!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 8 July 2014
Old school favourit for kids And adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Great for the children, my son first enjoyed this over 30 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars windy in our willows, 6 May 2014
Classic childhood guilty pleasure, bought for my sister who is a bigger kid than I am .... personally I just love the Badger

5.0 out of 5 stars The wind in the willows., 27 April 2014
Anyone who likes a trip down memory lane will love the characters and the actors who are voicing them. Lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 15 Jan 2014
It was a family Christmas present, and it has gone down a treat. in the words of the children, they recon it will become a family favourite, and can't wait to show it to their friends. Maybe I'll be invited too.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it always, 3 Jan 2014
this is a classic film adaptation of one of my favorite books. David Jason and the rest of the cast are brilliant. We have shown it to our grandchildren who were entranced.