5.0 out of 5 stars sony qx-10 case
Published 4 months ago by jason e p stretton

1.0 out of 5 stars Useful but (very) expensive! *UPDATE* ....not anymore!!!
As I wasn't going to wait 1 to 3 months with Amazon, I ordered directly from the SonyStore for just 25 inclusive of next day delivery... I'm glad I did as I'm not sure what planet Amazon are on with it now being available but at 41+ !

Published 9 months ago by Nirlen

1.0 out of 5 stars Useful but (very) expensive! *UPDATE* ....not anymore!!!, 11 Oct 2013
Nirlen (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony ACX1 QX10/QX100 Lens Style Camera Attachment Case for Xperia Z Phone - Black (Accessory)

Irrespective, whilst the price may be high, it's basically an exact slim fit case with a built in coupling for the QX10/100 that can be covered using a rotating shutter which will protect the coupling when not in use. Using this case means the depth of a QX lens is reduced by almost 1cm and of course the universal "jaws" (on the adaptor) are not used. In doing so my Z and QX10 together look like a very slim compact camera. So when I'm out and about and know I'm likely to use it, on pops the lens and the combination is slim enough to slip into a jacket pocket (not trouser pocket!).

How long the case will last is yet to be seen and the only criticism I have is that the case should have been textured (a bit like my Nilkin case) as the smooth finish is slippery (so not enough grip) and shows grease marks. In time, especially if the QX lens gains popularity, I would have thought there is a definite after market to produce these cases and sell for perhaps just a tenner and for many other mobile brands!

Great idea, it works, its useful... just the price!!!

UPDATE 14 Oct 2013

Less than a week on, the case has already broken by the charging/ USB point (top right as you look at it vertically held) - this was the weakest area of the case! I suspected this might happen as it has happened in the past with slim fit cases I have had for the Z (until I got a good Nilkin case). I am not heavy handed, but unless Sony make the case out of aluminium and rubberise it, this problem will probably be always there, for the Xperia Z at least! Potentially wasted money and the price from Amazon is now scandalous at almost 45 when in truth it is not worth the RRP of 25! I have not opted for a replacement as have little faith that it will last much longer & glad that SonyStore are refunding me ... but unhappy as it was a useful add-on, just not Sony quality :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars sony qx-10 case, 11 Mar 2014
absolutily brilliant came with my sony qx-10 lens for my experia z today been playing with it. Very good connection onto my phone then you just have to turn and clip the lens onto the case the only thing is when its on your phone you carnt put another cover on it to protect the screen. does anyone now where i could buy a bag so i dont have to take the cover off,because taking the lens off the case is easy but i need a slightly bigger bag to accomedent where the lens clips on thankyou

1.0 out of 5 stars bad quality for the price..., 4 Jun 2014
Mr. Paulo A. Mateus "bebeuhhha" (harlesden London) - See all my reviews
From Sony I been expect something more unfortunately the money I paid is not worth for the product I been take very poor quality....