Platform: PC Download|Change
Price:£99.99

on 2 January 2014
After my computer crashed, I lost my PSE11 and thought that I may as well upgrade to PSE12. I downloaded it from Amazon, straightforward but quite a long download. No problems encountered and it imported my photos from a saved disk. It is very similar to PSE11 with a few added tweaks and just one or two improvements. If I hadn't lost my PSE11, I wouldn't think the upgrade worthwhile, but at Amazons bargain price for the download (£34) It is good value especially for someone with PSE9 or earlier.
The program is quite intuitive and there is plenty of help on facebook. if you get stuck., But if you are happy with PSE11, stay with it and wait for next years upgrade.
on 11 January 2014
Tried to install this several times, following Adobe's troubleshooting advice, for a couple of hours before giving up in disgust and getting a refund from Amazon. Tried their demo version, but that fails in exactly the same way.

The software installation process fails when trying to install shared technologies with an error message, prompting the user to restart the system and try again. Not a good idea to restart as this leaves you with a botched installation to unravel. Best to press return and wait for the process to un-install the software.

As a Lightroom user, it is difficult to believe that this software has such a fundamental bug. Hopefully they will sort it out ...
on 27 January 2014
Ive been an Adobe user as long as I can remember. Essentials 12 is a great programme and as an upgrade from in previous version it's worthy of a higher price tag. It's so simple to learn I teach children and pensioners how to use it. You can do just about anything you want with your images that you could imagine. I'm a Pro-Photographer and I use PS 6 CC & LR 5. However for quick work flow I can use E12 and know it's going to do the job as well as the costly professional programmes.
on 16 December 2013
I downloaded the programme and installed it, entered my authentification code and followed instructions. The welcome window appeared and then t he programme crashed. This happened four times. Useless and no help available. Wasted money don't buy unless you are a computer wizard.
on 11 March 2014
As a user for many years of Photoshop I decided to try the lite version of the product. If you are a new user to post photo production this is a great spring board into the world of digital photo production. The application is constructed in such a way where you can be a complete beginner and still produce exhibition quality photos.
I would recommend this application to anybody who has a interest or want's to take the big step into photo post production.
on 15 December 2013
HUGE download, took nearly 4 hrs on broadband. Then promptly refused to work , and banjaxed the previous versions I had installed.

I've worked with computers since the late 60's and I can't find out what is wrong - Look at the reviews for the Mac version.... same problems

The software is probably fine - Once it runs properly.
on 23 January 2014
The download was quick and easy and the updated programme has many improvements over the previous version that I used (7).

I found that purchasing as a download was quicker and easier than purchasing an upgrade and for a good price.

Excellent editing software.
on 12 June 2014
I have tried to download this product on four occasions and each time it has returned a Gateway error, telling me to try later. Until Amazon fix this problem I strongly advise people to avoid it and order a hard copy. If possible I would giive it NO stars!
on 17 June 2014
I became very frustrated trying to download this product. It failed whatever I tried to do. I was not reassured by Amazon’s insistence that no refunds were given for software downloads. Their help pages seem to completely ignore this problem. After half a wasted day I phoned Amazon’s help desk.

They came promptly online and couldn’t be more helpful. It is possible to bypass this problem by downloading the Adobe free trail and imputing the product key there. Below is a link where you can find this free trail:

[...]

They advised, if this fails to work, to please contact them and they will try their best to assist in downloading Adobe Photoshop Elements 12. I downloaded the trial in 6 seconds flat, entered my key and got on with my work.

Why can’t this info be on the Amazon website?
on 10 September 2014
Some issues with speed on my machine. Organiser good - routines not always intuitive or as easy as indicated on video training clips
especially uploading from camera SD card to laptop folder. Editor o.k. but similar problems - especially (and despite successful experiences with other packages) can't get anything sensible out of the histogram functions and the content aware move works but is leaving a ghost image of an unrelated part of the picture in place of the moved object. This may be a speed of process issue that needs more than my patience for completion. I've spent hours with this programme unsuccessfully trying to do what I've successfully achieved in minutes with other packages. It was bought on recommendation of a photography course.