5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that the music industry isn't all terrible nowdays
Published 12 months ago by Meis

3.0 out of 5 stars Very samey
I like this album, but to me it's very samey. If you've heard royals and tennis court, you've pretty much heard the album.
Published 7 months ago by mwilkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that the music industry isn't all terrible nowdays, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Seriously. She's that good. Just listen to the samples. I first heard Lorde a while back, and thought she'd just be another one of those artists that I love and nobody else really knows about. Bought her EP, Royals, and loved it to death. But then to my joy, she started showing up on TV and things, getting mainstream recognition and generally becoming super popular, and it's so well-deserved! People really need to support these kinds of artists - show the industry that people care more about talent and good music than 'image'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous album!, 28 Aug 2014
L. Taylor (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Let this young lady's dulcet tones swoop you away from the trials and tribulations of everyday life!
Each track is unique, but with a similar whimsical feel, my personal favourite being 'Buzzcut Season' track 5, which will rise and fall so effortlessly, building to a great crescendo at the chorus that I just can't get enough of!
Not to mention the popularised tracks 'Tennis Court' and 'Team' which are truly cracking pop tunes which put this lady in a league of her own.

Deserves all the plaudits she gets in my opinion!! 5 stars!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure, brilliant [and moody] from start to finish. Get it!, 18 Dec 2013
Lola (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Did you know that Ella Yelich-O'Connor (let's call her simply Lorde) created and produced this album, "Pure Heroine" almost by herself, at the tender age of 16, and what she created feels really organic, living (and swimming in its own melancholia) and pure (yes, I almost refer to the title). Not to sound like a proud relative praising a precocious teen, I must underline that I did not really care how old she was, I was (and still am) juts enjoying the album - simple as that!

Okay, Lorde sounds a bit like Lana Del Rey, but does not Miley Cyrus sound like Taylor Swift, and Christina Aguilera like Britney Spears and vice versa. I do not mind the comparison and similarities, what the heck, bring them on, if the result will be so hypnotising and despondent (in the best possible uplifting way) and full of low murmur and gentle laughs and delights and intelligence.

Seriously, the more I listen to "Pure Heroine", the more I like it, it is definitely a grower. Just an example: while it is playing in the background, some songs will always bring my attention to them, no matter what I am doing. Which I think pretty much equals to the fact that there is more to the album than musings of some "bored" (as NME called her) teenager, yes, some of the songs are much catchier than the others, but I've listened to so many albums which, when played in the background, forever stayed there.

This is a beautiful, atmospheric if not a bit moody and impressive debut which has an almost magical feel to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lyrical Lorde, 28 Aug 2014
Bess_Wheat - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Bought this album on the risky basis of loving one particular song (as I gave birth to my daughter whilst it was on the radio!)
I was really pleased I did though - the majority of songs are beautiful and lyrical. Plus it has the added bonus of having the lyrics printed inside so you can sing along to lovely Lorde's voice knowing you are getting the words right :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Great album, good talent from such a young girl from New Zealand. Well worth a listen and good addition to the music collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorde of Light (entertainment), 22 May 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Amazing song writer and singer. Not a bad track on the album. Lorde is going to be very big indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good first CD, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
This is one of the strongest CDs I have purchased for a long time. Very good to listen in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut!, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Loved Royals on Jools Holland, so this prompted me to buy the album. Didn't regret it. This girl will go far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
I brought this because I love Tennis court and Royals, all the songs are good though which is a bonus!

4.0 out of 5 stars easy listening, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Cool voice for young girl
Easy listening
Songs can sound repetitive and similar
Wouldn't listen to more than once a week

Pure Heroine