5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl Box Set
So far so good, a great package all around.Pressed at Pallas and sounding really good on my system.Listened to the very first 2 albums this afternoon and happy indeed with the pressings.
I got it for £70.00 with Amazon and this represents fantastic value for money.A worthy addition to anyones record collection and good sonic upgrade
Published 12 months ago by Docfreem

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor QC
Sorry have to fail the product - not the music. The static was so bad on all these records it was all but impossible to remove from the sleeves.

One LP was also warped and pressed off-centre.

Had to return.
Published 1 month ago by Mike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl Box Set, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dire Straits: The Complete Studio Albums 1978-1991 [VINYL] (Vinyl)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Way it should be, 29 Nov 2013
Originally I bought all these albums on vinyl back in the day, but over the years transferred to cd mainly for convenience and sound quality. Now as I go into my 50s I have been reminiscing about my youth and since I have read reviews about the sound quality of the new vinyl pressings, such as this one, I decided to buy this set as I am a big Straits fan.
I must say I am not disappointed in what I have received. I paid the £86 pre order price, I must say I didn't see it at £70 as the other reviewer did but for my cash spent I am more than happy. The sound seems clearer and fresher. The guitar work is beautiful and lets face it thatis what a Dire Straits album is mainly about.
I wont go into a review of all the albums in the package as everybody knows about them, but for me everyone is a gem and uncovers at least one masterpiece on it so if you are a Dire Straits fan do your self a favour and buy it as it is a limited edition.
All the 6 albums come housed in a hard solid slip case which has all the track listings on the back of the case. Now its time to listen to Love over gold again!

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to get the "old" sound back, 7 Dec 2013
Fantastic sound, smooth, tastefull.
I would say that the four first records are pure vinyls. Brothers in Arms is the definition of CD sound, so no special value added with it.

But listening to a clean Sultans of Swing, Romeo and Juliet in these perfectly pressed 180 grams vinyls is a pleasure!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible mastering on these records, 8 Dec 2013
Cobion "cobion" (Penticton, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
Sound quality of the mastering on these records is well above average. I have read somewhere that these where mastered by none other than Bob Ludwig. Don't know if it is true but all albums sound great.

Have enjoyed them immensely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!, 19 Feb 2014
Very long time fan, have all the originals plus several of the reissues, but none even come close to the splendor Bod Ludwig did to the sound on these remasterings. All artwork faithfully reprinted on sturdy matte material, but I really would have liked to see the double LP's, Brothers in Arms and On Every Street in a gatefold cover. Besides that, perfection. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is very good as from India I could procured them in very ..., 7 Sep 2014
Yes, it is very good as from India I could procured them in very low cost and with free shipping. Sorry to say but very few items are available on International shipping. I tried some used vinyl option even with alternative delivery address of USA but in vain. Else it is safest way to buy with confidence
Thanks & Regards
Vijay Dholey

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection on yinyl!, 25 Mar 2014
E. McGow "emacgee" (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
Have listened to Dire Straits for years and was awaiting this reissue of all their studio albums. I was not disappointed, a worthy addition to my record collection by a superb group.

5.0 out of 5 stars for fans "must have" albums..., 3 July 2014
just great collection for fans... if you love dIRE sTRAITS you must have it... really pure sound..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation, great sound!, 22 April 2014
For friends of Dire Straits a great pleasure!!! And for owners of a good stereo, too. Would buy once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Dec 2013
Having always been a Dire Straits fan this is a brilliant collection and on heavy duty vinyl too - highly recommended

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›