4.0 out of 5 stars Good....But Wanted It To Be Great!
The first thing you notice about Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio is the packaging. You open the package by pulling on a red ribbon that opens a magnetic tab and the package opens like a book. Inside you find the keyboard and a USB charging cable tucked inside a pocket on the right side. Apple is a master at packaging and this packaging is very Apple-like...
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Deity

1.0 out of 5 stars They're on sale for a reason
The build quality is good although it has a bit too much flex. In any case I expected that from such a small profile.

The case itself is nice, it surprised me. It seems like it can withstand a beating and compared to an Incipio LGND, I believe it could keep it's pristinely state for longer. Waterproofing was useful, but haven't tried it.

The keyboard...
Published 4 months ago by AL

4.0 out of 5 stars Good....But Wanted It To Be Great!, 17 Jan 2014
Amazon Deity (Western New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Ultrathin (QWERTY) Keyboard Folio for iPad Mini - Carbon Black (Accessory)
The first thing you notice about Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio is the packaging. You open the package by pulling on a red ribbon that opens a magnetic tab and the package opens like a book. Inside you find the keyboard and a USB charging cable tucked inside a pocket on the right side. Apple is a master at packaging and this packaging is very Apple-like!

After being impressed by the packaging, I was hoping I would be equally impressed with the keyboard. The exterior material of the case is very smooth and sleek and resists all attempts at fingerprints. So far, so good. Your iPad mini fits VERY securely into the case. It snaps into two clips at the top of the case. There is a magnet at the top of the keyboard that secures the iPad mini in place when you are ready to use the keyboard. This also holds the mini securely.

A power switch on the right side of the keyboard powers the keyboard up (Logitech claims 3 months of use to a charge...I'll get back you on that one!) A Bluetooth button for syncing is found in front of the power switch.

Syncing was a snap. It was quickly recognized and is ready to go. Now on to testing the keyboard...all the other features are nice, but this is where it's at. The keys have a nice springy feel and respond quickly. The keys are small, but what do you expect on a keyboard for a mini! I hold no problem typing two long paragraphs for a report using the keyboard. A function key gives you access to features such as: Cut, Copy, Paste, Search, Lock, Siri, Play, FF, Rew, and Volume Controls.

I wanted to mute the sound on the side of the iPad and found to my dismay that I needed smaller fingers than I have to be able to fit into the small opening at the top of the case. After a little finagling a was finally about to get to it. This opening may not be used a lot, but I found the space way too small. A small demerit here.

On the back of the box, Logitech touts that the case can be folded back flat for browsing. But when you fold it back, the magnet in the case puts the iPad mini to sleep! There has to be a better way to engineer this. A quick tap brings the mini back to life, but this is a pain and cause for another demerit.

This is my first mini keyboard case and there is a lot to like here. The case feels great with its nonslip and fingerprint proof exterior. The iPad mini is not going anywhere once you snap it in and it is also held nice and tight when folded up when you are using the keyboard. A couple of design flaws will cost it a star, however. The too small opening to reach the mute button and the fact that the mini falls asleep when you fold the case back are two areas that are in need of a revision.

So, would I recommend this case. Yes, this is a very nice case. With a few tweeks, it could be great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Nov 2013
Fantastic addition to you iPad mini, particularly if you do a lot of writing on it.
The keyboard itself is great and connects seamlessly with the iPad mini, whilst the rubberised case provides all round protection for your device.
Despite the keyboard being small in comparison to most, you get used to it quickly and typing is easy and fluid. The only downside is the loss of autocapitalisation and autocorrect when typing on the accessory keyboard, that is on the on screen keyboard.

Highly recommended to any one who needs to type a lot on their iPad mini, particularly useful for lectures as a student

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, looks and performance, 15 Nov 2013
Great design, well made and not too heavy. Good keyboard that works well, comfortable and quick to charge. pairing works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard and Case, 2 Nov 2013
We downsized from iPad to iPad mini and decided to get the folio after previously owning a Logitech keyboard. This is so much better. The magnetic connections are fantastic and secure the iPad in position. Yes, the keyboard is small, but you are able to use it comfortably to write documents in pages and spreadsheets in numbers. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Keyboard, 13 Jan 2014
Mr. T. S. James (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm writing this review using the Logitech Ultra Thin Keyboard Folio with my iPad mini with Retina display, it does a pretty good job. I've previously used Logitech keyboards with my 3rd gen iPad and found them to be pretty good and some of the best on the market. So when I recently purchased a Retina iPad mini it seemed the logical choice when I needed a keyboard.

In the box you simply get the keyboard folio and a USB cable for charging, nothing else is provided but you don't really need anything else. The folio has a soft touch to it and should do a good job of protecting your iPad against knocks and scratches when you're carrying it around. It doesn't add too much bulk and weight to the iPad either which is a bonus as I like to keep it as thin and as light as possible. It can also double as a stand for when the keyboard in use and to prop the iPad up at a lower angle if you wish to use the on screen keyboard or for web browsing, etc.

As for the keyboard itself, it was smaller than I was expecting but not difficult to use by any means. It took a little getting used to at first but then I find the same with every keyboard that I use as they're all spaced differently and have different keys, etc. I can generally type pretty fast, almost as fast as on my Macbook and don't very often make mistakes when using the Logitech. The keys offer good feedback for me which I have noticed can be an issue with shallow keys or some of these fabric keyboards that are about. It also includes several shortcut keys for easy access to some common functions which I find very useful as iPad apps don't have drop down menus for some of these things and without a trackpad as such the only way to get anything done is via the keyboard.

I've been using the keyboard on an almost daily basis to type and find it a very useful bit of kit, ideally suited to the iPad mini. I'm finding it pretty hard to find faults with the product as I like it so much, I guess only time will tell how the case holds up against normal wear and tear and if it has any affect on the performance of the keyboard. The battery should last for around 3 months according to Logitech and I've not had to recharge it yet so that will be another test for the long term. Highly recommended, might be a little high in price compared to others but this is a quality product and complements the iPad mini well.

1.0 out of 5 stars They're on sale for a reason, 15 May 2014
AL (Manchester) - See all my reviews

The keyboard itself is weird at first, but it doesn't get better with use: I use an iPad Mini for a lot of work, in fact I might even call it my main device; the keyboard was used mostly for email, and longform writing (1-2k) per day, and during this period I wasn't getting any better with the layout.

I compared this to Apple's wireless and the differences are huge (ignoring the size): battery charging is nice and it does last for ages; the keys are small, but not much smaller than Apple keys; the travel is half the amount of an AWK; the keys themselves are squishier than Apple's, the space bar isn't as satisfying as the Apple version.

That being said here's the main reason why I gave it a one star: the angle is really bad (too far forward) meaning that you need to pull of some weird stances to see the screen. I used to write whilst standing with my previous set-up and this would be impossible with the Logitech Keyboard. I thinks it's close to an 100" angle and it doesn't seem like the case will get some slack with time increasing the angle.

For me it was a shock that company that usually makes great products would get the angle so, so wrong. I would not recommend this at all, especially if you treat your iPad as a production tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars works with iPad Mini with Retina, 15 Feb 2014
B. King (UK) - See all my reviews
A great, well built keyboard case for the ipad mini which transforms your tablet into a mini netbook. All the shortcuts work such as cmd+C for Copy etc and it features a home button shortcut and volume shortkeys among others.

It also works for the iPad Mini with Retina Display and states so on the packaging. (missed off this listing)

Recommend it highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 23 Feb 2014
It's a great help to me! A bit hiccup at first when I was trying to link the bluetooth, But easily solved after consulting methods online (just delete the bluetooth name and restart the ipad)! It's working brilliant so far! I'm really happy to have it:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well I'm using it now, 6 Feb 2014
Mr. N. Owens (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I was initially miffed when the iPad had a fit when I turned on the keyboard. It seems to crash and reboot when the keyboard is turned on. So I left the keyboard off for a few weeks as a comparison, then put it back on (crash) but if I leave the keyboard on, the iPad works fine. The keyboard wakes up when you press keys, so I have to be a bit careful how I hold it. The auto spell check that you get with the on-screen keyboard doesn't happen with the Folio keyboard, so I have to be more careful with typing. It makes an excellent cover when closed, very professional looking. It's definitely staying on the iPad. Switched on...

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful lightweight keyboard and case, 2 Aug 2014
Excellent delivery and packaging. Many Thanks to the reseller.
Product is good. Loses a star for a feature that is missing (but is present on the larger iPad versions) - when using the iPad with keyboard tucked fully behind you must sometimes physically turn off the keyboard to access the on-screen keyboard. A slight annoyance. The larger iPad version always recognised that the physical keyboard would not be used and put it to sleep immediately meaning that the IOS on-screen keyboard would pop up as usual.
The folio case is also light and offers good protection.