on 9 November 2013
Fantastic addition to you iPad mini, particularly if you do a lot of writing on it.
The keyboard itself is great and connects seamlessly with the iPad mini, whilst the rubberised case provides all round protection for your device.
Despite the keyboard being small in comparison to most, you get used to it quickly and typing is easy and fluid. The only downside is the loss of autocapitalisation and autocorrect when typing on the accessory keyboard, that is on the on screen keyboard.

Highly recommended to any one who needs to type a lot on their iPad mini, particularly useful for lectures as a student
on 17 January 2014
The first thing you notice about Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio is the packaging. You open the package by pulling on a red ribbon that opens a magnetic tab and the package opens like a book. Inside you find the keyboard and a USB charging cable tucked inside a pocket on the right side. Apple is a master at packaging and this packaging is very Apple-like!

After being impressed by the packaging, I was hoping I would be equally impressed with the keyboard. The exterior material of the case is very smooth and sleek and resists all attempts at fingerprints. So far, so good. Your iPad mini fits VERY securely into the case. It snaps into two clips at the top of the case. There is a magnet at the top of the keyboard that secures the iPad mini in place when you are ready to use the keyboard. This also holds the mini securely.

A power switch on the right side of the keyboard powers the keyboard up (Logitech claims 3 months of use to a charge...I'll get back you on that one!) A Bluetooth button for syncing is found in front of the power switch.

Syncing was a snap. It was quickly recognized and is ready to go. Now on to testing the keyboard...all the other features are nice, but this is where it's at. The keys have a nice springy feel and respond quickly. The keys are small, but what do you expect on a keyboard for a mini! I hold no problem typing two long paragraphs for a report using the keyboard. A function key gives you access to features such as: Cut, Copy, Paste, Search, Lock, Siri, Play, FF, Rew, and Volume Controls.

I wanted to mute the sound on the side of the iPad and found to my dismay that I needed smaller fingers than I have to be able to fit into the small opening at the top of the case. After a little finagling a was finally about to get to it. This opening may not be used a lot, but I found the space way too small. A small demerit here.

On the back of the box, Logitech touts that the case can be folded back flat for browsing. But when you fold it back, the magnet in the case puts the iPad mini to sleep! There has to be a better way to engineer this. A quick tap brings the mini back to life, but this is a pain and cause for another demerit.

This is my first mini keyboard case and there is a lot to like here. The case feels great with its nonslip and fingerprint proof exterior. The iPad mini is not going anywhere once you snap it in and it is also held nice and tight when folded up when you are using the keyboard. A couple of design flaws will cost it a star, however. The too small opening to reach the mute button and the fact that the mini falls asleep when you fold the case back are two areas that are in need of a revision.

So, would I recommend this case. Yes, this is a very nice case. With a few tweeks, it could be great!
on 24 November 2015
This is a superb keyboard.

I had pretty much stopped using my iPad Mini 2, between my iPhone 6 plus and my laptop it got inched out of use. However I really wanted to drop having to lug my laptop everywhere and only take with me when it was absolutely necessary (I predominantly use Word and Outlook) so I decided to give this keyboard a whirl after reading such positive reviews.

Firstly it fitted the iPad perfectly, some people mention the brackets are a little flimsy but I don't think this is true whatsoever, you can tell they are sturdy and I just can't imagine they could break without some real misuse. Linking via bluetooth was wholly painless and I was up and running in less than a minute.

Typing on the keyboard did take a little while for me to get used to as it's not quite as centred as a standard keyboard but after a little use it all came naturally to me. I can type pretty quickly on this; although I'm not a touch typist, I would say I'm reasonably nippy and on this I guess I'm only 10-15% slower than my full sized desktop keyboard.

When I don't want to use keyboard and use iPad just as a traditional tabelt, I turn it off (via a small sliding switch on side) fold the keyboard back and voila, the iPad's keyboard comes back into play. Swithing back on it automatically links back with iPad, literally in a second.

Battery life is incredible, now and again when I'm near a USB charger I plug it in, but it seems like the battery is never ending and has never ran out on me.

It of course doubles as a case and I chose this 'portfolio' style over Logitech's other popular keyboard (the one that slots onto a magnetic grrove) just because of the simplicity to flap it open and shut in a sec...which by the way automatically puts the iPad to 'sleep'

Very small criticism is there is effectively only one angle you can use this, but for me that's fine and the only other thing is one of the holding brackets cover the power button, and although it has a soft part there to still be able to press it, it's fiddly...saying that there is a function key to turn to iPad off so it doesn't matter but if I want to take a screenshot using the home/power button combination I really need to take it out of case.

So I'm sure you've gathered I love this keyboard and genuinely it has meant I hardly need to take my laptop with me anywhere now.
on 2 November 2013
We downsized from iPad to iPad mini and decided to get the folio after previously owning a Logitech keyboard. This is so much better. The magnetic connections are fantastic and secure the iPad in position. Yes, the keyboard is small, but you are able to use it comfortably to write documents in pages and spreadsheets in numbers. Thoroughly recommended.
on 15 February 2014
A great, well built keyboard case for the ipad mini which transforms your tablet into a mini netbook. All the shortcuts work such as cmd+C for Copy etc and it features a home button shortcut and volume shortkeys among others.

It also works for the iPad Mini with Retina Display and states so on the packaging. (missed off this listing)

Recommend it highly!
on 15 November 2013
Great design, well made and not too heavy. Good keyboard that works well, comfortable and quick to charge. pairing works very well.
on 7 August 2014
I have purchased 2 opf these from John Lewis. Both failed on the top plastic support where the power on/off button cut out sits. Mechanically flawed - have had refunds for both from John Lewis, and if you look on the apple web store you will see a significant number of similar failures. Works well until it breaks......
on 25 May 2015
Do not buy this to protect your iPad.

Although an excellent keyboard and great stand it is useless as protection for your iPad.

On a number of occasions the iPad detached itself from the 2 connection points and yesterday when opening the case the pad just slid out and fell on the floor cracking the screen. Repair costs, £100...
on 29 July 2015
After quite heavily using it for couple of years my impressions are:
It does a good job for writing emails and long paragraphs/docs, while in meetings or attending talks. When closed, the case successfully protects the iPad from low-medium drops although not into liquids.
One of the corners broke as other customers pointed out. The case is still usable. Difficult access to switch on the side to block rotation or mute.
Really useful feature of having three different layout options: "closed", "writing/watching videos on chair", "totally landscape for watching videos laying down or using touchscreen keyboard".
Improvable but recommended for those who extensively use the mini iPad beyond consuming contents and want a cover with extra features.
on 23 September 2014
The keys are a bit small - of necessity - so it's not quite like a full keyboard. But it's well made with a good feel and I can more or less touch type. A boon for entering substantial amounts of text.
Also you can fold it back out of the way quite well, unlike some designs. There is only one upright position.