4.0 out of 5 stars Good bundle but a few things to be aware of..., 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: AMD Bulldozer FX-6300 6 Core 3.5Ghz, ASUS M5A78L-M USB3 Motherboard & 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM Bundle (Electronics)
If I could give this board 3-and-a-half-stars, I would. As it stands, 4 stars will suffice.

First the good news.

For me, this board/memory/processor combo is a substantial upgrade. I've moved from a 3-core AMD combo running at ~260Ghz with 2Gb RAM, and moved to this 6-core setup running at 3.5Ghz with 8Gb RAM. This combo is amazingly fast in comparison with what I had, and it's more than capable of running several the games that I'm currently playing in parallel (Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, Tomb Raider).

The board worked, straight out of the box and I had no issues fitting/installing same. Everything came pre-configured and the instructions were clear - they needed to be as this was my first proper 'home build'.

Now for the niggles.

Firstly, whilst the board has two USB3 ports at the back (i.e. that are accessible from the back of the case when the board is installed), there is no USB3 connector on the board itself. My Zalman ZX11 case has two USB3 ports on its top panel, but the only way to connect these to the board (I'd have wanted a 19-pin USB3 connector on the board, ideally), is using a pass-though cable to connect same all the way through your case, out the back, and round into the USB3 sockets on the back of the board. You'll have to buy the pass-through cable separately too, if you have a case that has its own USB3 ports.

Secondly, the board only has a single 3-pin TX3 fan power connector. If you have more than one fan on your case that requires a 3-pin TX3 connector (as I do), you'll need to buy a TX3 splitter cable. Only a couple of euro, but something to be aware of.

Finally, if you have a high end graphics card, watch out. I have a Radeon R9280X Vapor, and it's wide. Wide enough to cover both of the PCI slots on the board, when it's sat in its own PCIe slot. In other words, I've no access to ANY PCI slot, with my chosen gfx card installed. If you have a wide, high end gfx card, and have a requirement for using one or more PCI slots, then this board is not for you. If your chosen gfx card isn't too chunky, you'll have nothing to worry about.

In summary, a good board, but there are issues that stop it from being great, at least as far as I'm concerned. As/when I upgrade again, I'll be more aware of what I'm looking for and at.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected!, 27 Jun 2014
I have bought a few Asus boards over the years. Like its predecessors, this board was simple to install and I was up & running with Microsofts latest "gem" in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars motherboard bundle, 17 May 2014
came on time pre assembled.dont panike when you open the box and see the heatsink poking out lol.really am over the moon with this bundle.only thing I see isint on it is a connecter for the usb 3.0 and audio hd .but other than than im well pleased with this build I have completed.100% happy

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 23 Mar 2014
was the perfect bits i needed to build a budget gaming pc with always room to upgrade to better parts

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 23 Feb 2014
I wanted to build my own high end Gaming machine without the hefty price tag.. I am so glad I did. I also bought a separate Graphics card to be able to Game smoothly.. I can play Battlefield 4 at Ultra settings and get a nice smooth frame rate of 40... Highly recommended to anyone...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bundle Buy for First Build., 15 Jan 2014
Great service and delivered in great time. Was contacted by the seller offering an upgrade (Better quality crucial ballistic RAM and Battlefield 4) if I was to purchase 2 years extended warranty for 34 pounds. Bargain!

Only reason I didn't give 5 stars was that I was expecting the processor and heatsink to have been pre fitted but had to do it myself, meaning me needing to buy thermal paste for the job. Only set me back 3 quid and took me 10 minutes but just made me think why they hadn't done it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 12 Dec 2013
was here quickly and up and running same day ,will recomend them ,also will be ordering ,another for my younger son

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, and stylish too boot :D, 10 Jan 2014
Pretty much this combo was a good deal for me, installed and updated in the same day, also what makes his better is, if needed you can overclock your CPU with AMD's software that comes with it, :') the only 1 problem i find is my graphics card got stuck on the PCI slot but had to just nudge it into the right position and it works like a charm, it's cool and quiet also :) and Delivery was here the next working day which was a bonus too boot, :) Deffo will purchase from these again! :D