5.0 out of 5 stars If you like The Field, then this is a no brainer.
I will keep this review quite short and sweet.

Published 14 months ago by N Snow

3.0 out of 5 stars It's missing something
I've tried listening to this album several times but it just hasn't caught me like the earlier stuff. Maybe it's just my frame of mind at the moment but i'm afraid this one is gonna get dusty pretty quick.
Published 10 months ago by JasonIvor

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like The Field, then this is a no brainer., 30 Sep 2013
N Snow "Nick Snow" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cupid's Head (Audio CD)
I will keep this review quite short and sweet.

If you are already a fan of The Field's unique combination of minimal house and experimental electronica and you enjoyed their previous albums (particularly 'Looping State of Mind') then you will certainly not be disappointed with this follow up. I only got hold of it yesterday and I have already listened to most of the album 3 times. The usual level of subtlety, detail and sophistication is as noticeable as ever and is particularly apparent on tracks like 'They Won't See', 'Guided Tour' and 'Black Sea'; which may be my favourite track ever recorded by The Field. As always there are a couple of not-so-amazing tracks, notably the title track which is actually pretty annoying. However, overall this is another fantastic album by a group that continue to fly the flag for interesting electronic music through the hazy fogginess of today's modern electronic scene.

For those of you that have never listened to The Field, I recommend listening to the track 'This Is Power' (from a previous album) on Youtube. If you find yourself hooked by the group's repetitive, looping approach to music, then the chances are you will enjoy this album as much as anyone else. However, if you simply find the song to be boring, dull and flat then you will probably find that this album is not tuned to your musical taste. I, on the other hand, loved it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fine long-player by The Field, but nothing new, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Cupid's Head (Audio CD)
If you're reading this, you're probably wondering if this is for you, or whether your opinion of it chimes with those of others. IMO, Cupid's Head is another great offering by The Field, with some standout tracks (black sea; they won't see me; 20 secs). The sound and structures will be instantly familiar for those who know their work. You'll get instantly drawn in by the beaty loops, but the innovative dubs and slow, developing paces provide the main payoff, if patient. Perfect for commuting or work, both of which resonate the tunes: routine as rollercoaster, predictable ups and downs broken up by very little things.

It doesn't, however, necessarily break any new ground, for either the group or for the club-ambient genre. This isn't bad at all -- just maybe slightly disappointing, as the material won't sound much different from previous LPs. It draws from all three, but is most similar to 'Looping State of Mind' -- not surprisingly, moving further away the earlier ones 'From Here We Go Sublime' and my favourite, 'Yesterday and Today'. There are fewer fast songs (like the superb tracks 'Little heart beats so fast' in Sublime; 'Arpeggiated' in Looping; 'Yesterday' and 'The more that I do' from Yesterday), and the tone is somewhat more drony and dark, less clubby. Still, great stuff and highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's missing something, 1 Feb 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Electronica for boogie down times baby, 26 Jan 2014
Sáss Alæssí (Congleton. Cheshire East, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cupid's Head (MP3 Download)
This is some of the purest Electronica I've come across from a band I downloaded just by chance. In actual fact I thought it was another group completely, I was in the midst of a buying/downloading frenzy and this happened to be one of them. Very glad I did though. They fire a chunky mix of Electronica & minimal house even some Dance music thrown in their for good measure. I was very genuinely and pleasantly surprised, thank you The Field, I'll be back guys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Cupid's Head (MP3 Download)
The field have made some great music based on samples and great rhythms this isn't quite up with the best but still pretty good

4.0 out of 5 stars Just niceee, 6 Nov 2013
Rob "Rob" (Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cupid's Head (Audio CD)
Worth getting if you like the style and great follow on from first release the other year

Nice tempered mood and great at a loud setting

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably his worst yet but still better than most of the stuff ..., 10 Oct 2014
This review is from: Cupid's Head (MP3 Download)
Probably his worst yet but still better than most of the stuff out there.

Very few highlights, he seems to be stuck in a rut and unsure where to take his music.

Cupid's Head