5.0 out of 5 stars As expected and more!
Ok so I did my research on docks before settling on this one, and to be completely honest all the searching that I did on this dock I couldn't fins a bad word said about it.

Published on 18 May 2013 by Mr. K. J. Bowley

This was a significant investment in a music system that I researched against Bose as much as I could before purchasing.

Published 12 months ago by LR

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected and more!, 18 May 2013

I have an iPhone and an iPad that I am using with this mainly and also DJ with my Laptop and Traktor that I will be hooking up to this as well. So this has all the connections you could possibly need! Even my friends with there non Apple phones can connect to this via Bluetooth. You couldn't really ask for a dock with better connectivity, this has it all and them some. One small issue I have with it is that it can't create its own local WiFi connection so you can use AirPlay without a WiFi network like some other docks can. But that ins't really a problem as it has so many other connectivity options that those others don't.

The sound from this thing is unreal, even at full volume and full bass this does not distort. At low volumes the sound is crystal clear, deep and rich. I was so surprised as just how good this thing actually was.

We have even connected this up to our TV in the bedroom and are using its as s 2.1 sound bar for watching films in bed. Fills the room and sounds amazing, really enhances the film watching experience rather than using the crappy speaker installed in my TV.

So glad I paid the extra and got the 200 as I was going to get the 100 model. The reviews of the 100 is full of people saying they wish they had bought this one, boy they were right.

Fantastic product, don't even think about it BUY IT! You wont be disappointed.

Kieran.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 8 May 2013
What can I say about this speaker? It's the first time I've spent anywhere near this amount of money on AV equipment, so I perhaps don't have the same experience or context in which to put it. All I can say is that I spent a lot of time reading up and researching which option to take in the 4-500 pound market and I'm delighted I chose the Minx.

The clarity of the sound is something to marvel at, with crisp vocals, rich instrumentals and deep, but unobtrusive, bass. If you like bands like Lambchop or Arcade Fire or any others which have lots of layers to their music, then you'll hear elements to songs which you didn't even know were there.

Don't get me wrong, this is a lot of money to spend on what is basically just a speaker (at least it was for me!) but to be honest, with iTunes and internet radio, it's the only system your lounge will need. Setup is a joy for even the most techno-phobic user and after that, bliss.

One other thing (and I'm making no judgements here)... IF you decide you want to buy one, you may be interested to know Richer Sounds sell it for the same price as Amazon, but they give 5% of their profits to charity and are UK tax registered. Just saying. In any case, you'll be getting an amazing product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minx Air 200......Definately recommended, A great purchase!, 14 May 2013
I got this to replace my Amp & CD player in the lounge, which fell victim to my 2year old niece trying to press all the buttons at once. I have had for a couple of weeks now and it sounds great, love the wireless concept (this is my first wireless speaker) no more getting up to swap out CDs or to change playlists having my iPad mini physically plugged into the headphone jack.
Set-up was really simple, fast and straight forward with very clear instructions, one very small issue I had once it was set-up (with solid green light on the back) and connected to my network, I needed to power off my iPad mini and switch back on for the airplay symbol to show in my Music. I was told this can happen when you connect Airplay devices sometimes…….but this just occurred the first time, no issues since.
I like the way Cambridge Audio thought about the mix of devices Apple & Android that many households have these days and that they made a speaker that can connect to both Airplay and Bluetooth easily, much cheaper than needing different wireless speakers/docks for each and very easy to swap between. The internet radio is a nice bonus as well, especially as you can use the Minx Air App to filter on the bit rate (sound quality) of the stations it finds.
I also have my TV plugged into the RCA sockets at the back…movies sound so much better than though the TV speakers, the sound really fills the room.
The last advantage for me at least, is the unit is portable enough that I can easily move up out of the way of questing little fingers when my niece visits, if it becomes necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Bigger but so much Better, 18 Mar. 2013
After enjoying the Air100 speaker so much I decided the get the 200. Basically its the bigger brother as this has a built in subwoofer for extra bass.

I have put it in the kitchen on top of the fridge/freezer and I've stuck the remote (Velcroed) to the front of the fridge to select radio stations from my presets or airplay my Spotify into the unit.

The sound is amazing, much deeper bass than the smaller 100 - If we ever get a summer I know I'll have the patio doors open with my husband in the garden on the BBQ and I'll have all my favourite songs (yes my songs while he cooks for once) playing and filling the garden.

I have played a bit, linking the 2 Minx Airs through iTunes on my Mac and I can play the same song through both speakers and control the volume on the computer or using the apple remote app, so I have learnt something new too!!

Set-up same as before, very easy.

I'm very happy with my purchase - I now have total control over what and how I listen to my music and it also sounds fantastic

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sound when it's working, cuts out repeatedly using Virgin broadband, disappointing customer service., 6 May 2014

Unfortunately, the Minx Air 200 system cuts out repeatedly when used in conjunction with Virgin Superhub broadband. I switch the power on, it then takes 10-40 seconds for the radio to to come on, then after another 30-60 seconds the music stops again. This goes on for some time and is incredibly frustrating, particularly at the cost of this unit. When it does work the sound is awesome.

After the second unit had the same problem (Richer Sounds found the same problem with the first one and gave me a replacement) I emailed Cambridge Audio customer services after a few months who then told me that it doesn't work with Virgin Superhub. This is the first I have even heard about this in all the research and I therefore asked for a refund as the unit does not work as advertised. What was really disappointing is that the Cambridge Audio customer services then ignored my email request and a subsequent email asking for someone to call me to discuss the issue. I would have expected better from a British company.

Conclusion: Great sound when it's working, cuts out repeatedly using Virgin broadband, disappointing customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of an ever-increasing bunch, 10 April 2013
Mr A Machen (Manchester, Gtr. Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have spent many hours touring audio stockists and purchasing and returning different sound docks. I eventually compiled a shortlist and had to decide between the Minx, Bowers and Wilkins, Sonos 5 or Bose sounddock 10. I purchased three of these, having quickly eliminated the Sonos and was able to do a direct comparison. The room is a kitchen/diner of forty square metres and it quickly became apparent that the only one with the capability of filling this cavernous space was the Minx. I am a fan of Bose and gave the 10 every chance to outperform the Cambridge Audio but it struggled, particularly at the top end. Bringing the Minx into a smaller room clinched it. The sound is so sharp and polished and the Bass adjustment combined with the equalizer offered via the Minx Air app is not just a token gesture. Internet radio and Bluetooth connectivity complete what I consider to be the best option in AirPlay ready sound systems.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 20 Jun. 2013
We decided we needed some form of wireless music player as myself and 2 our daughters play musical instruments, which invariably means we need to play along to some music, and the jumble of leads connecting the various ipod / ipad / phone / mp3 players was getting ridiculous

Within 2 minutes of getting it out of the box my 12 year old daughter had it connected to our wireless network and blasting out music from her ipod (yes note the word blast!)

The remote control works fine BUT the MinxAir App makes controlling the device from almost anywhere in the house really simple, and both the Apple and Android apps work equally well...I had no idea there were so many internet radio stations!

Even the Bluetooth was easy to set up and works first time every time

Did I mention the sound??...WOW! Absolutely great, even at full volume the bass is still clean and round and the voices and high frequencies are still clear...and full volume is pretty LOUD!!! (see "blast" above)

The bottom of the player has a BIG rubber pad, which means you can place it on a shelf (or in our case on top of the piano) without fear of it vibrating itself off the edge.

It's minimalist design blends in to the room which is great if you have a wife that doesn't understand how cool a big fat bass port looks, in this case the designers came up with the great idea of combining the handle on the back with the bass port...wicked!

Overall a super sounding product, simple to set up and easy to use.....Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting sound; coarse volume steps, 20 May 2015
David Colver (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minx Air 200 Wireless Music System with Airplay, Bluetooth & Internet Radio (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this, and an iPad mini, to replace an internet radio that had been rendered near-useless by the BBC's decision to change from a widely used standard for streaming radio content to one originated by Apple. If you can't beat them, join them.

The speaker sounds better than any other I tried, including the Naim Muso which is twice the price and inconveniently bigger. It's not hifi, but it's exciting to listen to and it holds the attention.

The radio presets are a useful feature not commonly found on most wireless speakers, allowing the device to be useful without needing the iPad to be on all the time. When you want to listen to time-shift a broadcast, rather than listen live, the iPlayer's elegant interface allows pretty much anything to picked off the past week's schedule.

The main weakness is that the volume steps are too coarse. It's hard to get between a setting that's too quiet and one that is too loud.

The bass is also more than I want. There are a physical control on the back of the device, and an electronic control on the remote control. For mainly speech listening, I prefer them both wound right down, but there is still some chesty plumminess. I can't imagine who would want the full range of bass emphasis that this thing can produce, for any kind of music.

I couldn't establish a connection to my network with the encryption set to WEP, but it managed it quickly on WPA, leaving me with the mild inconvenience of switching over half a dozen other devices to that security regime.

An iPad app is the only means to changes the presets and choose from several sound contours. It works well enough, but has an unloved air. I fear it will be the first thing to cease working on this device, when Apple launches some update and the manufacturer fails to refresh the software.

I list these negatives so that others may be informed. They would not stop me from buying a Minx 200 again.

5.0 out of 5 stars minx air 200, 4 Mar. 2013
Great speaker,amazing sound u can play anything u want in a seconds.I have it for a week and I must say cambridge audio did a good job..it looks great and sounds even better..

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit!, 24 Mar. 2013
m (London UK) - See all my reviews
The minx air has genuinely revolutionised the way I listen to music and I love it.

Superb sound quality in an incredibly user friendly, compact and attractive unit.

My only regret is that I hadn't bought one earlier!