Colour: Green|Change

on 13 July 2015
Bought this watch last April and have found the watch itself very good unfortunately, the link point on the strap has started to fray after less than 3 months use which is not very good quality.
Since posting this review, Polar support team emailed me to say that they will send me a replacement strap. This is definitely good service.
on 11 June 2015
doesnt have an app
But does what it says
Works perfectly
Been using it a few months now and still love it. I was weary about getting one with a heart rate monitor that goes around the chest but I forget I'm wearing it and from what I read this makes the readings more accurate. I love seeing how many calories a good workout has burnt.
on 4 January 2014
My 16 year old daughter loves this watch. It has given her new incentive at the gym. She really enjoys seeing how many calories she is using and finds it much more accurate than what the machines at the gym say she is burning. She has changed her routine at the gym because of it. She has the pink watch and it is not a bad colour.
on 1 September 2014
Simple heart rate monitor that's ideal for casual fitness users. I needed to monitor my heart rate during exercise after an operation and this does the job perfectly. Captures maximum and average heart rate and gives you an estimate of calories burned based on your weight and height (which you input on initial setup). Good value.
on 24 August 2012
This is an excellent product and gives reliable readings. I bought it because the heart monitors on the equipment at the gym were to erratic. It has the added benefit that it gets me out of my comfort zone by reminding me when i am working out below the set training zone. As always the service from Amazon was first class'
on 5 May 2015
I really like my FT4 heart rate monitor. I've been using it for the past 4 months about 3 times a week on average and it is quite reliable. However on a few occasions it couldn't find my heart rate and had to fiddle with it a bit before it started working again. Probably it's just me. Otherwise it serves its purpose well
on 6 June 2015
This is a great but it sometimes has problems syncing with the chest strap (could just be mine though) and also I'm a bit annoyed it doesn't have a stop watch. I guess this is something I could have found out before purchasing but as it's a watch I assumed it would have. I actually had to wear 2 watches for a run I did.
on 12 March 2012
A thing to bear in mind is that the chest strap works effectively to transmit the signal only when the sensors on the fabric part of it are damp against the skin. That is why you need to wet the sensors under a tap when you first put the strap on; otherwise the watch will not receive a signal. After that, the sweat of moderate excercise is enough to keep it working properly. However if you just want to monitor your heart when you are walking around or resting, it won't work because there is no sweat. I found that out when I wore it on a ramble. It worked for a couple of hours but stopped when the strap sensors dried out.
The chest strap is good quality and is reasonably comfortable. It is adjustable and elasticated to fit at just the right tightness, not too tight to be restrictive and not so slack that it keeps slipping down; the best position is just under the breast bone so that the transmitter iteself sits just above your solar plexus.
The watch is fairly easy to use, navigation around the menus is intuitive. The readout of the heart rate is big enough to see easily. It also communicates with the cardio machine I am on (most of the time!) so that my heart rate is displayed on the machine in front of me. It also displays the heart rate as a percentage of maximum. If you think the maximum it sets is too low you can 'fool it' by entering a lower age in the settings (but you might want to consult a doctor or professional for a health check before you start pushing your heart near it's maximum)
A good solid product.
on 12 November 2013
I have only used this heart monitor a handful of times, but I am very pleased with it so far. I love that I can see exactly how many calories I have used while exercising and if I am 'in the zone'. It's very easy to use, and is attactive to look at, light and easy to wear. The strap is easy to use and wear as well.
on 29 September 2015
Best investment I've ever made!!! Used it today for the first time and I love it! As you can see from the picture it shows how much I've burnt and how long I've trained. It has a data file where it stores all your workouts. This will help you track your calories burn and also during your workout it shows you your heart rate. So useful!
review image