4.0 out of 5 stars Budget Bullet camera
Managed to get hold of one of these at lightning deal price and I am so glad I did. Now I do have a GoPro hero 2, which I love, so it is not the first action cam that I own.

Published 14 months ago by Antoine Camilleri

2.0 out of 5 stars Big and clunky
I've been looking for an ActionCam for some time now, mainly to use on my motorbike as an 'insurance' camera and also to use during my outdoors activities. When I found this one on a 'deal of the week' I thought that thuis would be the one to get. It arrived on time and well packaged.
It was rather larger than I was anticipating, about the size of two 'D' cell...
Published 7 months ago by Ramblin' Pete

4.0 out of 5 stars Budget Bullet camera, 25 Feb. 2014
Antoine Camilleri (Malta) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

(I had never heard of Kitvision and a youtube search yielded few results, most of which being just unboxings with very few showing actual footage. So it was a bit of a hit and miss to be honest).

The camera comes in the widely used action camera packaging, where the camera sits proudly in a clear container, with the accessories box beneath.
And speaking of accessories, you do get all sorts of attachments, yet no suction mount. A very detailed colour instruction manual is also included.

On handling the camera I was pleasantly surprised by its stunning looks (gunmetal) and sturdy construction. However, the proof is in the pudding and I needed to put the camera to the test.

This camera manages 30fps in 1080p and 60fps 760p which is respectable at this price point.

Pros:
- Great video and sound quality
- So easy to start recording. Just flick the switch to REC and voila! This is definitely easiest action camera I've ever used
- Bullet design provides an ergonomic grip in the hand and provides a stealthier design for use in "covert" situations
- Weather and waterproof to 10m without the need of an additional housing. Big plus point.
- Integrated Wi-Fi means you can frame the camera easily using the app called "Action + Remote" which also allows for changing camera settings.
- The camera vibrates to indicate powering on or of and Wi-Fi, which I find very useful
- Red LED indicates that the camera is recording and that there is a card inserted. If no card is inserted the LED will alternate between green and red. Again a very useful feature.
- You can set the camera to shutdown after a specified time once the switch is returned to OFF. Yet if you do not want to wait just press the photo button for a second and the camera powers down
- HDMI and USB on rear. Camera can be easily configured through the USB port by running and exe file pre installed in the camera
- Rotational sensor means that the camera can be mounted in 90 degree increments. Once turned on the camera will maintain the angle as a reference, and further any rotations will remain visible on playback. To reset the orientation the camera must be switched off and on again. Keep in mind that at 90 and 270 degrees video will be captured at 608x1080 resolution.

Cons:
- Lack of interchangeable battery. Battery life is around 2 hours, so being stuck with a non removable battery is a pity
- Photo quality could be better
- Wi-Fi streaming jerky and low quality, even if device is next to the camera
- No suction mount. (Yet I have bought a few at a cheap price from ebay. Camera thread is the conventional pitch used on tripods)
- Low light performance, as with most budget action cameras is very grainy
- No lens protection. Given that the camera is waterproof, no protective case is included. This would protect the lens from flying debris or camera falling. Being a nose heavy camera, the lens would bear the full brunt of a fall if it is accidentally dropped

I rate this camera 4.5 stars at the current price. If you are lucky enough to find it at a lightning deal price just grab one!! You won't be disappointed.

Highly recommended if you like bullet design cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready to go and actually "looks" fast..., 10 Dec. 2013
Being an avid skier/snowboarder, I have to put my hands up and start this review by saying that I've been a GoPro man for years. I received this as a present from my girlfriend for my birthday, as she had heard about this camera down the grapevine and knows how much I love gadgets.

What I love about the Rush is that it's ready to go. Sometimes the guys are off down the slope, or careering towards a jump, and I don't have much time to react... Let alone the time to take it out of the casing, turn it on, then put it all back together. The Rush has a weather and waterproof chasis as standard so its great for extreme conditions, plus autorotation on the lens that optimises the resolution to allow you to get the highest amount of output quality. Just slide the switch forward with the camera any way up, and you're recording instantly.

Now let's get geeky a sec and talk frames per second and video resolutions. What really appealed to me about action cameras generally is the concept of capturing myself in "bullet time" - most of us have seen The Matrix. The concept of even coming close to Neo is interesting to say the least, and hey - if I can see where I'm going wrong every time I board slide and end up falling on my a** coming off a rail, then bonus. Sports are mostly about personal performance and making improvements, it's always the "next level" and "aim higher" etc etc. So get this - 60 frames per second.

I can slow my footage right down and see the flakes of snow flying off my board as I off piste in powder. It is a shame that you can only achieve 60 FPS in 720p HD shooting mode, FHD (full HD) 1080p achieves a modest 30 FPS. But it is a small portable camera and it is fit for purpose, it is important that you compare this camera like for like. If you want a slightly bigger more expensive camera with 1080p bullet time then they are out there, but if its a half-way house between speed and quality you're after then the Rush is a perfect choice.

LED flashes green/red if you start recording without your Micro SD card inside... a good early warning system as I'd be gutted leaving for a days shoot only to find I've left the card at home. Should be solid red when its in recording mode. If you push the square "capture" button you can also take really high quality photos too - so no more bunching everyone together for group photos with the wide angle lens, yes to mantlepiece-ready scenic shots of your pals, yourself included if you use the time lapse shooting mode. Other choices of mode include single photo and burst.

The Wi-Fi App is a great addition. Sorry to keep comparing this to the GoPro, but one of my biggest frustrations was having a whole days shooting only to find on getting back to my laptop in the chalet that only 60% of it was useable footage. The Wi-Fi App allows you to see first hand what your field of view is capturing, which means you can make any adjustments or completely write off a shot if it just isn't working. This is about capturing a moment out there, and the Rush does a very good job of doing just that. Got a group of friends all wanting to put their two cents in on the editing process? Just HDMI straight into the television...

Unfortunately the Rush does not work very well indoors... In fact I find a lot of my footage comes out very grainy in low-light. But it is important to consider this camera in its true context - this is an action/extreme sports camera - that is, its built for the outside. If you are looking for a camera that you can walk around the house with, then you'd be much better off looking at the Sony handy cams. If you're an adrenaline junkie like I am then I'd consider the Rush.

I also like how the Rush actually "looks" fast. You have two choices of brushed aluminium finish (I chose the gun metal version), and it bring true meaning to the bullet-cam as it looks like you could quite literally shoot these things from a rifle. What this does mean however is that it is incredibly portable, and it comes with a small case and a robust carabiner that allows you to attach it to your belt or a harness. It would be hard to lose. Seems very well built while also being light to the touch, so you get both durability and portability.

Obviously for me a snowboarding helmet mount is perfect, but you actually have quite a selection of different mounts and straps in the box. Nice for versatility, one of these mounts actually let me attach the Rush onto the front of my snowboard so now I'm getting a whole other dimension on my films. The pivot is a universal screw mechanism found on most camera accessories, so you will probably find this works pretty well with your existing tripods etc.

The microphone has a surprisingly nice sound. Always seems like the audio is an after thought with these kind of "action camera" products, but the Rush for what it is records quite nice. Its obviously not going to give you full cinematic experience in your living room, but it'l certainly have a go at recording some of the ambient sounds and vocals that make for a true "captured experience". Nice.

The battery life isn't amazing... I was a little disappointed in the battery life. For us, we're out on the slopes for a fair amount of time usually first light to last lift. And probably 50% of that time, where 25% is spent queuing for lifts and 25% travelling to and from the location, is in a snow park. So when I find that the camera runs out of juice after just two and a half hours of use I really find myself having to plan my shots. It's ok if the chalet is local, being micro USB I can charge this quite easily using my laptop or USB mains charger, but if I am some distance away it does prove challenging.

Now let's finally talk about getting your footage from A to B. The camera takes Micro SD card... Nice, just means that I can eject the card and pop it into a USB card reader to download the movies/photos... Oh, and the HDMI also lets you file manage and format your memory card via your TV which is a nice touch. Alternatively I can use the supplied USB cable to jack straight into my laptop or computer to use the Rush like any other kind of USB storage device: similar to a memory stick.

So in summary. I started this out as a GoPro man pretty happy and set in my ways, but had a girlfriend who decided to take a chance with some new innovation. And you know what? If I'm off-piste and find my friend suddenly getting some air and soaring over my head pulling off some once in a lifetime grab, I'll reach for my helmet and hope that my Rush is there...

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sturdy camera with excellent accessories., 10 Dec. 2013
I received the Kitvision Rush Action Camera last week and have been impressed with it so far. It is a good price for a 1080p action camera and 30 frames per seconds is plenty to produce good quality sports videos.
So far I have used it cycling and was impressed by the lack of distortion as I cycled over rough terrain. I have found that with action cameras that come with a housing you can experience a wobble as the camera has a minute platt within the case. However as this camera is built into it's own waterproof housing it does not distort.
I have not yet had a chance to use the camera properly under the water but look forward to testing it snorkelling and paddle boarding. My one fear is that it is only waterproof down to 10m whereas other cameras with housings are waterproof to far deeper and so I will not risk taking it scuba diving.
The WIFI is a clever way to stream your videos to your smart phone or computer or to send your videos to your computer. The WIFI signal is not amazing so the camera needs to be close to whatever you are connecting it to.
The photograph quality is ok, 5MP is sufficient to capture good action photos however other cameras that are a little more expensive do have the capability to snap shots at 8MP.
The best feature I have found with the camera is the accessories that it comes with. The mounts are excellent and very numerous. I especially like the backpack mount as I have not seen this with other cameras and it gives excellent footage while out on a hike and frees up the hands. The other mount that I was impressed with is the handlebar mount as it is very simple and quick to attach and detach.
All in all this is a good camera which takes good quality footage however I would probably pick a different product if the majority of the footage you want is water based.
Not a GoPro killer but a good affordable alternative!
Well done Kitvision.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big and clunky, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: KitVision Rush Waterproof Full HD 1080p 30 FPS Sports Action Camera with Wifi, Mounting Accessories and Case - Silver (Electronics)
It was rather larger than I was anticipating, about the size of two 'D' cell batteries. It does come with a good selection of mountings that can cater for all possible orientations, but at a price. They are very large. Agricultural coud be used as a description of the styling. They are probably bomb proof and wouldn't allow the camera to fall off, but too big for my liking to have hanging on the side of my helmet. They look as if they could work OK for mounting onto handle bars or roll cages.
There is a very annoying buzz every time it takes a still picture, even on the time lapse mode. yes, you can have one buzz every 5 seconds! No way of turning it off that I could find.
Another dissapointment was no sound. Not bad sound, NO sound.
All in all, very dissapointed and sent it back. One good point on the return - free CollectPlus service from my local corner shop :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 Feb. 2014
Chr155yboy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm pretty new to these, so I was fairly apprehensive before buying. I shouldn't have been as the Rush is easy to set up and easy to operate. The first thing you notice is that it is very sturdy and has a very tough outer case. The second thing you notice is that there are more accessories than you can shake a stick at. I bought the camera for a skiing trip, but so far, we have managed to attach it to a bike helmet, scooter handlebars, bmx handlebars and even a remote control car.It has certainly taken a few tumbles and not been damaged at all.
Quality of the footage is very good indeed.
The WiFI is handy as well so you can stream the footage direct to your phone or tablet (you'll need to download the Action + Remote app first though).
The Kitvision team are really helpful as well. Just follow them on Twitter or Facebook and if you have any questions, they get straight back to you.
All in all, a great piece of kit at a decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit with no need to buy accessories, 30 Dec. 2013
Length:: 3:15 Mins

So I got this just to keep as a second action camera and I was surprised by the quality of the video result as well as the design itself. Its solid, design is snazzy and when I opened the packaging, it had all the accessories I ever needed to get started. when I looked into a GoPro i would have needed to buy multiple sets of accessories after spending over £300 on the camera alone. the Kitvision rush is light comes with a carry pouch so it slots nicely into my backpack and when done I can easily transfer it to final cut pro and with the file compression it can be uploaded to youtube in no time without losing quality. I would recommend this for anyone like myself who wants a cheaper alternative to the bigger brands out there that wants more money from you to achieve the same thing. The only disappointing bit about the Rush is the battery life but i also bought some battery packs to help me recharge it up on the move.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera 5* saved me long winded claim process, 24 Feb. 2014
Well used this on my motorcycle for a fair time now running a 64gb micro sd from amazon going well.
Took a fair while to find the android app had no issues connecting via wifi or recording live streaming (2sec delay) the mounts seem great and strong clear footage at 3 figure speeds.
Use the app every morning to aline the mount on my handlebars with no faults Or issues within the app.
Connecting to the computer you can change a lot of bits fast and with ease
Date and time and change 5mp shot to 16mp and few other bits videos come through clear with clear sound of my exhaust etc. Lovely clear sound compared to chilli cams ive had in the past .
Only minor thing is rain does not just glide off the lense cover ever doing a good prompt speed. I would def recomend this to anyone of my mates fellow bikers etc.

Good vibrating feedback for on off shot etc
Nice big buttons for use with motorcycle gloves

The quick release clip is great and so easy

Saved me big time on a RTA where a 3rd party hit me coming up to set of lights it caught their plate very clear around 550pm Aug last year.
Lights went green stayed in my lane with 3rd party to my right rear as coming round the round about to see 3rd party shadow go left then you hear a thud bike shakes etc.....
When 3rd party finally came back with their view of the event 3rd party stated they where in the middle line of 3 and I was in the left one and cut across them hence due to my negligence I was to blame for the RTA and the 3rd party did nothing in the wrong......
THEN THEY GOT SENT THE VERY CLEAR CLIP WITH SOUND and then after reviewing that they said they would accept full liability so got my excess bk and bike repaired with it not affecting me or my no claims

1.0 out of 5 stars First one no sound and wouldnt switch off, replacement ..., 27 Feb. 2015
First one no sound and wouldnt switch off, replacement wouldnt work at all after been fully charged, returned and got refund, will not try another, very disapointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well stand alone,, 6 Oct. 2014
Works well stand alone, but the Iphone features leave a lot to be desired (which was why I bought it)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 'budget' camera., 4 Mar. 2014
R. Patchett "Never0ffside" (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
I had this attached to my ski helmet for a week, recording several hours of Full HD footage each day. There are two settings, HD and Full HD. The regular HD footage was pretty average in quality, but the Full HD was what I was expecting in terms of HD quality. I had added a 32gb micro SD card, and even shooting 2-3 hrs of skiiing only filled up a third of that card.

There are a LOT of fixings in the box. I only used the adhesive attachment, from which the camera can be unscrewed. There are fixings for backpacks, bikes, poles etc. I was a bit worried the adhesive would just fail after a few falls at skiiing, but it didn't budge all week, despite falling loads (ski newbie).

Downloading video onto the laptop is simple.

The only grumble is that perhaps every ten videos or so it decides to flip the a recording 90deg. So this requires video editing (avidemux) to fix. Annoying as it's clearly a glitch that happens only occasionally.