5.0 out of 5 stars Great item
I am a fan of MIFI devices & haves used a few over past few years.
This is by far the best device.
Published 12 months ago by Clever Trevor

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks the business, works like cr*p
I bought this to replace an older Hauwei 3G MiFi, however this unit just isn't very good. Slower to boot, much worse 3G/4G signal strength and very poor Wifi strength. Barely usable.
Published 6 months ago by craigm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5776 4G SIM Free Mobile WiFi UK (Genuine UK Stock) - Black (150MB/s) (Electronics)
I am a fan of MIFI devices & haves used a few over past few years.
This is by far the best device.
They don't mention in description but this takes a 'standard' normal size sim - just slot in side & turn on device - it then auto connects to the 3g/4g network (depending in your network) and your good to go. You can then connect your laptop/tablet etc to its wifi - simple.
What I like.
Takes a standard sim
Can slip sim easy in/out (handy for travel where you want to change sim)
Quick start (but this us off by default but easy switched on from settings)
Has a clear display & clear web interface & security features.
Good battery life & smart power saving features (-again, off by default but can turn on from settings.
Very responsive & great wifi performance. ( eg where device might be in your pocket or a bag & connected laptop on desk.
Good WWAN signal stengh
Ability to stop auto connect on roaming.
Nice size as fits in phone case.
Ability to use as a skate battery to charge USB devices (such as a mobile )
What I like less,
Battery Is fixed (not user changeable.)
Device is heavier than expected (not major issue & is nice & solid)
While the device has great security features- it does have a reset button on side - so, with a pen nib you can force the device back to factory settings - which sort of dilutes the security.
No desktop docking cradle (it predecessor including this & was handy)
Anyways,
Only had this a fees days for me with UK contact / PAYGo sim for Vodafone & 3 - works great

5.0 out of 5 stars Now - I love it, 4 Dec 2013
...But the first one to arrive was faulty and only realised this after hours of trying to get it to work and a number of conversations with EE! That said Amazon reacted immediately as soon as I notified them and the replacement arrived the next day!
Once it is working... it is brilliant and great for working while travelling (which is why I bought it...) can run my iPad, iPhone and laptop with ease.
I was unable to tether as I use GiffGaff - hence the requirement for this device. I object to paying large monthly bills to "hire a phone/other device" hence this works for me. Bought a 6GB Sim card from EE which I can top up as I wish.
Great connectivity and I can manage my costs...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, does exactly what it should., 8 July 2014
A. Bradshaw (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Great speeds on three network in the UK. Supplied unlocked, sim swapping/switching no problem. It can lose track of data transfer totals on the screen if signal drops, so don't rely on the on-screen transfer stats if your on a small data tariff. Would benefit from a couple more screen options (MAC address of connected clients etc)

Battery is also more impressive than I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 15 Jun 2014
I hesitated for a long time to buy this because I could not find any information on the wi-fi range. My aim was to use it when visiting premises that have no internet connection (e.g. elderly relatives and holiday cottages), so that my family could still connect all our devices. However I was worried that the wi-fi range might be too limited. However the concern was unfounded. I place this on an upstairs window ledge and the wi-fi signal is good enough to connect throughout a four bedroom house. I have used it with a 3-network PAYG sim card and have never had a problem getting a cell network signal, even in areas where the 3 network signal is shown on the coverage maps as marginal, and I've had very few problems with loss of cell network connection. Battery life is fine for my purposes, but I most often use it where I can leave it connected to either the mains or a usb socket.

The only slight gripes I have about the device are as follows:
1. When it boots (which is very fast) it initially always says "No Service" which causes a heart stopping few seconds before the network logo appears. It would be better if it said "Connecting.." or something like that before it gives up.

2. It has a very shiny black plastic surface which looks very pretty when new but is very vulnerable to scratches. I had to buy a small hard case for it to protect it from knocks and scratches during travel. It would be much better if it came with at least a soft pouch to keep it in.

3. It is so small that it is very easy to lose it - for example, by leaving it on the window ledge when leaving premises!

Overall I'm very pleased with it and rate it an excellent buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for traveling, 9 Jun 2014
My wife needed this for a trip to South Africa, and it worked like a charm.

It also comes in handy if (when) the local broadband provider decide to mess up their network, as a temporary solution to get the house back on line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 Jun 2014
I do not use it that oftern however it has never let me down the few times I have used it. Although finding the log in details was difficalt as my mobile company would not relese the details as I did not buy it from them. All my phone company said was that it would not work on their network. I eventualy found the log in details over the internet and all works fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this, 29 May 2014
I purchased the one sold directly by Amazon. It's unlocked, Huawei branded and works very well. I'm very happy with it. The ability to use it as a backup battery in an emergency is great, and hooked up to a computer it works very well as a USB dongle to give internet access when you have no fixed line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two aerials make for better reception, 15 Nov 2014
M. Williams "Matt Williams" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this as an upgrade to the Huawei E586 that was supplied under my Three mobile broadband contract. While that smaller device was generally good it suffered with occasional poor reception. Going to meetings I would generally stick it right next to a window in the hope of getting a better signal. This meant that about once a month I would have to pop back to the meeting venue and ask for my mi-fi dongle back which made me look like an idiot.

The E5776 has two aerials so the signal is just that bit better. Generally I find I can just leave it in my laptop bag instead of getting it out at meetings. For this reason alone it's worth the purchase price for me.

The faster wifi signal is a bonus, as is the beefed up battery that can be used to charge up things like mobile phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 16 Mar 2014
This came fast and i was very pleasedto see, like others before me, it was free and with Huawei logo and firmware. Not just an unblocked one. Easy to set up and watch monies froom the micro sd card. I Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile 4G , Yes Please !, 2 July 2014
bought this from "Amazon" it is a unlocked unit from "Huawei" . I slipped my Three sim card from my old unit into it booted it up connected it to my Mac and there i was receiving 4G , spot on.