on 17 February 2014
This Kenwood KN650 Electric Carving Knife does the job eventually but is a bit laborious. I suppose in some hands a sharper, faster knife could be a bit dangerous but I was hoping for something that would cut through meat like butter and did not require a lot of pressure on the blade. Probably OK for cutting bread etc., but struggles a bit on anything meaty. Two pairs of blades are provided with this package, one for general use and the other for freezer work. It would be nice if the manufacturers would mark each with a colour code or something to tell you which is which because they look very much alike.
on 8 February 2014
Our old knife had given faithful service for 27 years so I had no hesitation on buying another Kenwood - all that's changed is the colour and I'm so pleased to replace like with like. It's not as bulky as other knives on the scene now so fits the space in the drawer perfectly and performs just like the old one.
on 7 February 2014
I used to have one for years but misplaced when moving house. I never bothered replacing it for years just using ordinary carving knifes. Recently the arthritis in my hand has been getting worse making manual dexterity painful. For that reason i decided to get another electric carving knife and it's been a god send making carving joints of meat etc a lot easier
on 5 February 2014
this knife was a replacement for a knife that I bought about 15 years ago I hope it lasts as long as my first knife that was used daily ,I would recommend this knife
on 25 October 2014
This knife is OK and the price is right. I have 2 issues with it. One is that it is difficult to make a thin clean cut with it. This is particularly noticeable with chicken. My old Moulinex was much more precise and didn't leave grooves across the meat. My other concern is that the blades come apart quite easily when in use which is disconcerting to say the least. The blades travel too far and the locating tab can reach the wide end of the slot allowing the blades to pop apart. Poor design which seems to be all too prevalent in many modern goods.
Apart from that the knife seems fine and has power enough for my needs although it doesn't compare to the Moulinex. I haven't tried to use the frozen goods blades yet so can't comment on them. The knife has been used regularly for over a year with no reliability problems so far.
44 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2014
This knife is a disappointment. I have to start the cut off with an ordinary knife, by which time I might as well not have used the electric one. And the two blades tend to separate from each other in use. I don't recommend it.
on 13 October 2015
Initially my husband and I were pleased with this electric carving knife. We don't use it very often, and so we had it several months before using it twice. Upon the third time of using my husband had to stop because of a serious smell of burning ! As we had guests for lunch on this occasion my husband was unable to have a look at it. As I don't feel safe using it now, It has stayed in the drawer ever since. I wish I had complained to the seller and asked for a refund.
on 31 May 2014
Bought this as a replacement for an old faithful Kenwood knife that was being despatched to the great cutler in the sky :-) I am delighted with the replacement . The designers have re-configured the operating switch which now enables you to use the knife even if you have a little butter or fat on your thumb . This was impossible on the last one as your thumb just slipped on the button . Well done Kenwood !
on 16 December 2015
Received this item today and couldn't wait to use it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and find it really hard to slice bread, particularly frozen bread. I chose an electric knife that specifically said it would work on frozen food.

I really wish whoever writes the online descriptions of these products would stop being so economical with the truth.
The description says it will cut frozen food, however the booklet states "for use with partially thawed or lightly frozen food. They are not suitable for deep frozen food."

I tried cutting a piece of frozen bread and it is rubbish!!!!!

Nuff sed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 29 August 2015
I bought this as our very old one was no longer performing well. I have arthritis in my wrists but found this new machine only slightly better than the old one although considerably better than using a manual carving knife on a cold joint of meat. I also found that the button which I had to continually press down gave me more problems with my thumb joint than the old one did. I have not yet used the included blades for frozen food. So this is better than nothing but nothing like as good as I had expected having read the reviews.