5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch - love it
I received this watch today and very happy with this purchase. It looks very beautiful and is of good quality. One of the best features of this watch is its weight. Extremely light weight. Highly recommended.
Published 9 months ago by ZJ

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable
Published 9 months ago by C. Popov

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 5 Dec 2013
C. Popov "ChrisP" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rotary Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and White Stainless Steel Bracelet GB00033/AIR (Watch)
The bracelet of this watch fell apart on the 3-rd day after purchase without any particular reason - watch just fell off my wrist with one side of the bracelet disengaged from the case pin that remained in position. I also had problems with the polished (??? - zoom in to see) screw-in crown, which supposedly protects the watch from water damage. It never screwed in as the instructions were saying. Although the watch looks great on the wrist, it seems a bit cheap when you open the box and find the case wrapped in a piece of cling film. Although it admittedly is not Swiss Made, I would still expect a Swiss watch member company to provide a bit higher standard. I tried to find this particular model on the Rotary home page, but it does not appear to be listed on it. It should be, I think, even if it is an old model. Item was returned to Amazon for refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch - love it, 27 Nov 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Quality, 16 May 2014
This watch broke after 3 months and so I sent it back to the manufacturer as it was under guarantee .It is still unrepaired 4 months on. It is very weak where the strap attaches to the watch face. I still don't have a watch !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch.... For about a week, 25 Dec 2013
So this watch looks great, the price is fantastic. Nothing to complain about, right?

WRONG

As mentioned in other reviews the strap does just fall apart, for me it fell apart after the first week of purchase, if I were you I'd save your money and go for a watch with either a leather, or link strap. There's a watch with a face almost identical to this, with a link strap for 20 more that I'd recommend, it's what I'll be purchasing in place of this watch, it's called the "Rotary GB02622/20".
I hope this helps and you learn from my, and other buyers mistakes!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch but..., 10 Dec 2013
Not a good experience to date, The watch arrived promptly but, upon fitting and trying it on, the watch strap came away from the watch itself (it appears to be pinched together rather than, for example, soldered). Returned and received a replacement (again promptly and without hassle). Now after a week of normal wear the hour hand has stopped moving.

I had bought a Rotary watch as being a brand with a good reputation on the basis that it would be reliable and lasting. I will send back and replace again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crown slipped, 22 Jun 2014
Seven months of intermittent use and when I looked down the crown/winder was missing.
(I'd probably only adjusted it twice as I ignore the date feature).
As someone implied is this an "Amazon Special", as it's cheap for a Rotary, if so I think Rotary are going to loose their good name if the quality is not what one would expect.
Perhaps it's less of a bargain and more of you get what you paid for.

Amazon return and replacement was faultless. Received replacement 24 hrs after notifying customer services of a problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Busted crown, 21 May 2014
Hugh "Hugh" (Zaandijk, Holland) - See all my reviews
Unlike some other reviewers, I had no problem with the strap but noticed the crown was stiff on pulling it out (this is NOT a screw-in crown!). After about 3 weeks the crown came out entirely. I sent it to the Rotary repair shop given in the "instruction" leaflet under warranty and received it back after another 2 weeks. Now the watch is working all right (though the second hand is out of alignment) and the crown is easier to move in and out. Satisfactory outcome but I reckon this batch of lightning-deal watches was not properly quality-controlled.

UPDATE JULY 2014: guess what THE STRAP FELL OFF! Don't buy it's a pig in a poke.

1.0 out of 5 stars Strap keeps breaking, 24 April 2014
J. C. Green (London, England) - See all my reviews
As a watch this is fine. The display is clear and easy to read.
The metal strap has a serious design flaw The strap is glued together at the attachment to the watch.

I had to return the watch twice because of the strap falling apart.
The one I have now has just fallen off my wrist after only 3 months.

I do not expect to buy a Rotary watch and then have to buy a separate strap/bracelet because the on supplied is not fit for purpose

I would not advise anyone to buy this watch and I would advise anyone buying any Rotary watch to check that the bracelet/strap is not glued metal to metal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps falling apart. DO NOT BUY!!!, 6 Mar 2014
I bought this item for a discounted price of ~40, and I must say it WAS NOT worth even half of that. I will admit that it is a lovely looking watch however, it just isn't durable at all. I have had two of these watches and received a full refund for the second one due to the same problem. Whilst wearing the watch - pretty loose - the straps were just snapping off of the face which meant the watch would just fall off my wrist. I wouldn't recommend buying this watch unless you want the headache of having to get a replacement every 2-3 weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 13 Feb 2014
I bought this watch for my Dad and it fell apart on the first day he wore it. To further annoy me, the window for returning the watch has expired. Very upset