on 20 October 2013
Despite some welcome tightening up of the Hero3 features, GoPro have chosen to calibrate the lens's focal length to around 4ft, meaning that anything beyond this range will gradually become blurred. This is either a deliberate act to allow users to take sharp focus selfies, or they ballsed-up during the initial production run and just won't admit it!

If you intend to use an action cam for POV footage, or any sort of aerial cinematography, then DON'T buy this camera: Save some cash and get the original Hero3 Black instead. It's been shown to have better levels of sharpness in a host of realworld user tests against the Plus.
1010 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2014
Battery is crap, I have to recharge it everyday and I do not use that much.
Also the camera heats quite a lot, mainly when inside of the housing, the lens get quite hot.

For the price I was expecting something a lot better.
on 13 August 2014
Amazing, one of the best cameras i used. Only problem is the battery life
I received GoPro HERO3+ camera to use it for few days to be able to write review and in general this is best camera you can get for your money.

First of all, it's full of feature that people who are involved in sports or some adventurous discipline will especially appreciate, and with its view field of 170° or 120° enables even to record 4K video at 15 frames per second.

Second, this camera comparing to its previous models and its competition as well, in this price category, regardless of whether it's day or night shooting, is way ahead providing fantastically looking sharp pictures and videos.

Its design wasn't changed a lot, besides it's a bit thinner and lighter, being waterproof and having locking mechanism that is better than in previous models.

The user will have ability to use its mini USB and Micro HDMI ports, the 3.5mm microphone jack is missing, although adapter cable can be additionally bought.
Also the media format has changed, instead of normal SD cards, this new camera edition is using Micro SD cards, with capacity up to the 64GB.

Its operation is still the simplest possible, having only three buttons, one for start/stop shooting, second for settings and menu navigation and the last one for turning Wi-Fi on/off.

It would need lot of space to describe all of its shooting settings, but most important user can choose between 4 shooting modes: Movie, Timelapse, Burst and Still.

Its only drawback is battery life that I was able to use only for about 90 minutes recording at 1080p resolution that is a bit or even much lower than competition.
Therefore purchasing of additional batteries and Battery BakPak is recommended.

GoPro HERO3+ is great action camera, probably the best one ever made, perfect for people who need device that will record their adventurous events.
Therefore I can fully recommend it to all such people taking into account its price and need for additional batteries that still don't reduce the overall excellent impression.
on 29 October 2014
Package contains almost everything you might need. If you plan to share this camera (e.g. 2 skiers) make sure to order extra curved/flat adhesive mounts - only 1 of each is included.
on 30 December 2014
Very good camera, but image stabilization could have been improved significantly, also the 4K resolution is a gimmick at only 15 FPS, it is useless. The 120 FPS is a cool feature, but at too low a resolution to be useful for anything other than mocking around.

Love the fact though that you can get a million items to it and the camera is highly reliable.

There are other cheaper alternatives to this that will be just as good as this - Chinese ripoff products can be found on Amazon for around 30-60 GBP, and looks identical to the GoPro.
on 29 June 2014
Well joining the GoPro gang with the 3+ Black edition I'm simply left kicking myself why I haven't brought one sooner when I think back to all the opportunities I've missed over the years I could kick myself

Outstanding quality in something so small and reliable is simply amazing!

If you were in any doubt just by one you won't be disappointed we've used in in all sorts of environments and we've even had it attached to our Gun Dog to capture him launching into rivers and lakes with fantastic results

GoPro ....Thank you!
on 17 November 2014
Excellent service & delivery. This wonderful piece of kit goes from strength to strength and I purchased these Go Pro 3+ Black,edition (which is actually also a full kit with remote) even though the Go Pro 4 is now available as general work horse POE Cameras as the quality at 1080p @ 60FPS under the right conditions is of near broadcasts standard.
Technology changes on a daily basis but these are pretty much recession proof & you just can not argue in respect of the value for money. Possibilities are only limited by your Imagination.
on 28 December 2015
Bought for my husband's 40th birthday a year and a half ago. He loves it! We've used it loads. Takes great pictures and video. We've taken some amazing underwater videos of our kids swimming. It's light and compact, so ideal to carry around with you. The only problem is that you can't see what you're taking pictures of, so we had to buy the screen attachment as well. Having said that, it's quite a wide angle lens, so it's actually quite easy to capture what you intend without being able to see it.
on 7 December 2013
I phoned Gopro and Amazon before purchasing this product to discuss the lens calibration issue which has affected the first few batches of the Gopro Hero 3 Plus Black camera - I was assured that the latest batch (november 13) is not affected, and that it was possible to purchase a camera without this defect.

It took 6 days for my camera to arrive - slower than usual, and I was hoping this meant that stock was being replenished and I would receive a camera from a new batch.

When the camera arrived I could see that it was from the first batch and did not focus.

I phoned Gopro and they advised that they could RMA the camera and repair it, but that it would take a minimum of 3 weeks. They said that my best bet was to return it to Amazon - doesn't say much for Gopro's customer services.

I phoned Amazon and was told I would be sent a camera from a new batch - I specifically requested a camera from no earlier than November 2013 and was told that this is what I would receive. Amazon dispatched a new camera which arrived the next day. Once again they had sent me a camera from the first batch. I phoned back and spent 40 minutes trying to make the situation clear to Amazon and am now waiting for an email in 3 days time to answer the question of whether Amazon can supply me with a camera that works or not.

Not at all happy with Gopro, and slightly peeved at Amazon for messing things up. Can't give the product more than 1 star as it doesn't work. Might amend if I ever get a working camera.

Come on Gopro - have a little more respect for the people that made you rich, and Amazon, I expected a little more.
1010 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse