5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reviews!
Published 16 months ago by carlosnightman

3.0 out of 5 stars Sending the wrong message
Published 14 months ago by Dinah85

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reviews!, 20 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
'You put them in here - the Weetos go down and round, we go oh hoo oh hoo, and they come out here' - so the old song used to go, or something close to it anyway. Weetos have decided to expand their nutritional reach beyond the confines of planet Earth, zooming off into outer space to spread their chocolatey yum-yums. In doing so they accidentally stumbled upon a stratling and refreshing new recipe - the combination of Weetos, and space-dust. This has resulted in us earthlings gratiously receiving a scrumptious new cereal that is literally out of this world. For those of us who are slowly realising we will never be Astronauts and therefore, sadly, never get to lick the surface of the moon, this is as close as we will get to tasting the Milky Way (aside from of course eating Milky Ways). For our kids, they will enjoy the taste of these 'meteors' and will relish the chance to dream, to imagine what other wonderful tastes their might be beyond the stars, waiting to chest-burst their way into our bowls (bowels?) in the not too distant future. Sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lower in sugar than many, high in fibre, flavour and novelty value, 26 Feb. 2014
A. I. McCulloch "Andrea" (Co Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Many parents and carers have the dilemma that a low-sugar cereal doesn't always appeal in taste or texture, but high - fibre cereals aren't always appreciated either.
Weetos Meteors are relatively low in sugar for a children's cereal (22%), are wholegrain, great tasting and have the novelty value of being in three different shapes (the regular Weetos hoops, cute little stars and small balls).
They stay crisp and crunchy in milk, but do also turn the milk brown, which is a feature that most small people appreciate. What's not to like?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by 7 year olds - at least my own, 28 April 2014
Mr. Nadim Bakhshov "Nadim Bakhshov" (Bloomsbury, London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The comforting fact with a product from Weetabix is that it is more healthy than most cereals and it is extremely popular with my 7 year old.

Chocolate is quite a cheap trick when it comes to cereals and I do wonder how healthy a habit it is starting with chocolate at the beginning of the day. You will be comforted to know it is only moderately chocolatey in the sense it doesn't feel like your tucking into a bar!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Weetos with funny shapes and different textures., 17 April 2014
Jack Chakotay "Ender Brazil" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I initially looks at this and thought "Pahhh its just different shapes! I can even see the actual round Weetos!"

But you got to taste it. Get the milk out. The chubby balls are slightly soft, the stars are chewy, It is a different experience. All together enjoyable, even more so than the weetos and I thought they were great (sorry Tony the Tiger, couldn't help it)

4.0 out of 5 stars Stays crunchy in milk, 20 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 10 year old son loves sweet cereal. This cereal is not only sweet and chocolatey, but the larger sized pieces provide a real mouthful that stays crunchy in milk without having to race against the clock. My older child prefers bran and muesli type fruity cereals, and did not like it, but given she is not a fan of these types of cereal, this is not a surprise. The only reason I have taken off a star is because the sugar content is higher than I am completely comfortable with, and my son was hungry before lunch each morning that he had this for breakfast and required a snack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chomp, chomp...., 7 Nov. 2014
Klingsor (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got quite a sweet tooth and starting my day with chocolate is like having a direct shot of sugar directly into my bloodstream. Those are not too sweet and nicely crunchy and I really enjoyed them a lot... unfortunately, I was constantly craving for more... I even kept munching them on their own like popcorn... so the box didn't last very long. For me at least, those are more of a treat than a healthy way to start your day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sending the wrong message, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got these to try to encourage my daughter to eat, as she has a minute appetite. However these send the wrong message for her, now she just chants 'chocolate' at breakfast and won't even consider eating anything that doesn't fit with her chocolate message. Personally I find they taste quite false, I'd rather have a little real chocolate and plain cereal. The texture is nice however and the shapes appeal to my 2 year old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of this world., 17 April 2014
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not a huge fan of chocolatey cereals, but they're nice every now and again. These are a winner for me though as they are crispy and remain so for longer than similar products such as Coco Pops. The chocolate is not overbearing either, unlike some cereals. It's a nice malty flavour and it genuinely does keep me full until lunch time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reality is better than expectations!, 16 April 2014
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must say that I expected this Weetabix cereal to be disgusting, as I've never actually acquired the taste for any Weetabix cereal! So it was with great trepidation that I poured myself a very tiny bowl of cereal and liberally added the milk.

However, I took the first spoonful, then the second, then I found myself pouring a much bigger bowl and eventually another! The whole packet was gone in five breakfast sittings...

While it is not my favourite breakfast cereal, it is very palatable and certainly makes a quick and easy breakfast.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weetos with space stuff, 14 April 2014
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Much like Weetos chocolate favour but with star and meteor shaped pieces. I couldn’t detect much difference in the formulation but (according to the web) Meteors are ‘one of the few breakfast cereals that are not subject to the ban on promoting high fat, salt and sugar foods directly to children’.

My sense of nutritional guilt at consuming a chocolate breakfast cereal was slightly assuaged by the apparent fact that these are safe for children and provide 26% of the recommended daily intake of vitamins and iron (I imagine the iron comes from all those meteors).

However, as with Weetos chocolate I have a sense that the confectionary flavour isn’t sending the right message to me in terms of a healthy diet even if children see it as more fun. Not puritanical enough for me during what is a ‘my body is a temple’ phase but will definitely appeal to the child in you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Weetos Meteors 375 g (Pack of 4)