on 9 February 2014
This set contains the Crocodile Legend beast and Cragger minifig, who's the prince of the Crocodile tribe.
I'll start with the minifig. Cragger is a great-looking minifig! Nice printing on his torso (back and front). But his shoulder armor unfortunately covers most of the printing. (Anyway it's completely your choice whether or not to put the shoulder armor on the minifg, so I guess it doesn't matter.) There's nice printing on the legs also. (Sadly no printing on the side of the torso or side of the legs...as is the case with MOST of the LEGO minifigs). The headpiece is the best part. It looks great. But one complaint here is that, the headpiece should have been a single complete piece (like the headpiece in the Ninja Turtles minifigs). Here it's like you first fix the regular circular LEGO head and then you put the face of the animal (like a helmet) over the head. Anyway, at least the minifig looks good and I guess that's what matters in the end.
Cragger carries his sword-like weapon which is quite common in CHima sets, but it's nice. He also carries a transparent shield, which I didn't like much. It looks very plain. No design. No printing on it.
Now coming to the main part of this set, the Crocodile Legend Beast. Now I have seen the "Legends of Chima" cartoon show. There, the Crocodile legend beast is a real Crocodile. Here, the Crocodile looks mechanical and not very organic/realistic. (In the first wave of "Legends of Chima" (that is last year) , I really loved the vehicles as each of them were designed to look like the tribe to which they belong. I think LEGO did a good job with those vehicles. But in this case, when time came to represent the main animals of Chima, LEGO has sadly faltered.)
But if you DON'T compare this LEGO build with the original, then it's just ok. The head is the best part. The upper jaw looks nice. The lower jaw is a printed brick which is not bad. The tail should have been better. Even the legs aren't that great.
Also, it's very difficult to make Cragger sit on the crocodile especially when he's holding the shield. It's really bad on the designers' part that they didn't take this into consideration.
One thing that I really hate about this set (and LEGO in general) is...stickers. This set has quite a few of them. The smaller they are, the bigger the problem. It's difficult to get the position of the sticker right in the first attempt and the more attempts you make, the more smudged the sticker gets. Many a times, the stickers look alike and it may happen that you might paste the wrong sticker on a brick by mistake and then you have to remove and re-do. Printed bricks are the way to go. Hope someday LEGO will completely do away with stickers.
Though this set doesn't have a "wow" factor, still I'm going to buy some more of this as I'm a die-hard Chima fan and I'm building armies of all the chima tribes.
I'd recommend this set only for Chima fans.
on 13 June 2014
I have a LEGO mad 5 year old and this is just great - it is so cool once made up, ticks all the boxes for a boy and is a good size to manage both in making it up and in carrying it around - would receommend it.
on 12 July 2014
Bought for my nephew for his birthday and he loved it. He's just started getting in to Lego and is collecting these sets. He had some help assembling it as he is only six.
on 27 June 2016
Bought as a present. I thought there was not that much to it - but recipient was v happy. But then it seems that these themed lego presents are often quite small?
on 1 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant... bought for my 6 year old for his birthday and he loves it!! Would recommend to any lego China fan to buy! Fantastic price too!
on 10 November 2014
Usual Lego quality, fits together very well, much enjoyed by 7 year old.
on 14 December 2015
Really good little kit for my son to play out his role play with Chima.
on 5 October 2014
My grand son loved this character and played with him all day
on 27 August 2014
Very good and high value lego set, my son was delighted.
on 1 January 2015
Really happy with product and service. Thank you!