5.0 out of 5 stars Super, silly Spider Sandwiches
My 4 year old boy LOVED Spider Sandwiches. I read it to him, then daddy read it to him, then his big sister read it to him and finally I read it to him again - all in one sitting. A couple of weeks on and he still loves it and has even memorized some. The pictures are fantastic. Don't limit this to Halloween, it's a great Christmas present too.
Published 6 months ago by Ros

3.0 out of 5 stars No plot.
There is not much of a storyline, just a list of disgusting things Max the monster eats for his daily meals.
Published 3 months ago by EmmaLRGilbert

3.0 out of 5 stars No plot., 20 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, silly Spider Sandwiches, 24 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Spider Sandwiches, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Spider Sandwiches (Paperback)
I love the Aliens in Underpants books by the same author and this book didn't disappoint. Great story with lots of potential for use in the classroom!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stinky hosepipetastic, 30 Jan 2014
Mr. Jon Garrett "JG" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spider Sandwiches (Paperback)
Some good rhymes and nasty imagery makes this fun reading for little monsters.
'Goo Filled Grin' is my favourite expression, with a lovely corresponding picture making Max look like he's been eating unmentionable filth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Spider Sandwiches (Paperback)
A lovely book with a very fun story and eye-catching illustrations. My 12 month old little boy definitely loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Spider Sandwiches (Paperback)
A lovely fun book that my 3 year old enjoys, brilliantly illustrated, would highly recommend putting this on your christmas list

4.0 out of 5 stars Monster delight, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Spider Sandwiches (Paperback)
Bright, attractive, large and colourful pictures accompany this tale of Max the monster who has a monster appetite. Great fun, especially the ending, which we can probably all identify with!! However I sometimes think the rhyme changes tempo, so for reading aloud it makes it more difficult. Sure to be liked by anyone liking creepy things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson pleased, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Spider Sandwiches (Paperback)
I chose this book as my grandson had just had a birthday party with an "animal man" as guest entertainer who brought, amongst other things, spiders. My daughter-in-law had made spider cakes and this book fitted in nicely with the theme of everything. My grandson, five years, thought it was hilarious which was great as I am unable to physically go and choose books for him as he lives about five hours away so I rarely read them first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spider Sandwiches, 26 Oct 2013
Jenny, Wondrous Reads (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Spider Sandwiches (Paperback)
Spider Sandwiches is a really fun picture book and is right up my street: it's about a green monster called Max who eats lots of disgusting things, including spider sandwiches! He also likes to eat toenail scrambled eggs, lice rice and hairy fried bat's ears. Yuck! His very favourite food is spider sandwiches though, and he eats them every teatime. Heads and webs first, legs last!

This book is beautifully illustrated bu Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet, and includes many a funny pictures, like Max the monster shopping, sunbathing and having a picnic. All very generic human things to do, made even more interesting when it's a cute green monster doing them!

The text rhymes and contains a wide variation of words perfect for a young reader just starting out.I don't know much about reading picture books - I was obviously too young to remember my experiences with them - but I know I would have loved anything like this. Spider Sandwiches is funny and yucky, full of beetle biscuits and Monsters' Cookbooks. Perfect for the little monster in your life!

ARRAY(0xb2deeec0)