5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic intro to this great race
I came across this book not long after I decided to race The Wall, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I'll definitely use it as a reference as the day of the event gets nearer!!
Published 7 months ago by Mr. Mark C. Strefford

3.0 out of 5 stars Very down to earth - properly inspiring
This is a book that can inspire people to start running. It's a normal guy doing some very, very tough stuff and making it seem like you could do it too. Have now bought his other 2 volumes.

Needed more training material and training log data.
Published 8 months ago by Sydneysider

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic intro to this great race, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Journal No3 - My first Ultramarathon, The Wall, a 69 mile race (Ultratortoise Series) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Journal No3, 21 Nov 2013
Mrs. T. Hopkinson (W.Yorkshire. UK) - See all my reviews
What a great read, I really enjoyed the adventure with Chris and look forward to his next one.
A good read for anyone interested in Ultras.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tale of one mans challenge, 1 Oct 2013
A truly inspirational read of a great mans journey. Having done 1 ultra myself I can only imagine how hard it must be to do it over 2 days.
Who knows Chris I may see you on the start line next year

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 27 Sep 2013
This is a must read not only for those considering The Wall as their first ultramarathon but wannabe ultra runners everywhere. A great breakdown of the event and how Chris got there through injury and dark moments. The book talks about mental strength to get through an event like this and that anyone, any shape or size, can complete 69 miles as long as they are mentally prepared. Great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 12 Sep 2013
Mrs. S Warne - See all my reviews
All those people who say "I could never run that far" should read this! A truly inspirational story of determination

3.0 out of 5 stars Very down to earth - properly inspiring, 5 Nov 2013

Needed more training material and training log data.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read but I wanted more......, 12 Oct 2013
Mr. C. J. Howard "Chris" (South Wales) - See all my reviews
I have read a lot of books on ultra running and this has to be up there with the best, it really was a great read and I honestly felt I was there with the proclaimed 'former sofa jockey' every step of the way.

My only gripe was the book wasn't long enough and I really wanted more content (I read this book in an hour), however I expect that eventually all 4 journals will be grouped together and this will make a full sized book.

Message to the author: "Please write a lot more on Journal 4 as you have a fan for life here".

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining and fun, 4 Oct 2013
This was a very easy read, it had humour, a great sense of achievement.

Does it make me want to run, no, but it makes me appreciate and respect those that do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 3 Oct 2013
A truly inspirational auto-biographical account of an amazing journey from the sofa to success! The book is witty, inspiring and moving - who knows, maybe it will inspire other couchettes to get of their bums and move, although not sure how many people will make it as far as an ultra. Well done Mr Foreman, well done indeed :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra journey, 18 Feb 2014
gives a really good insight in to the world of ultra running.the highs and lows.a good read at any time.