on 27 December 2013
The delay is extensive and consistent across all supported platforms in multiple locations (to see if it was wireless interference), I'm not talking 1/100th of a second delay with most wireless devices that competitive players would consider, I'm talking a 1/5th of a second delay, it makes unusable for any sort of gameplay, even if you want to watch a movie the way the audio is slightly off makes it seem like a voice-over.

I have tried it on every compatible platform used component input and USB sound where available, I even tried plugging it into a USB wall power socket to see if it was the windows/PS sound driver but the delay is still present so it must be the transmitters/receivers hardware or decoding and therefore unavoidable.

Never something I would consider as a possible problem from a gaming headset.

It's a real shame for this small company, I used the EX-05 for a while and they performed great, hopefully this headset wont dent their future reputation too much.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 26 December 2013
I bought this to replace a headset that broke after many years of service. I wanted a headset that I could use on both my PC and PS4. However, this didn't meet my expectations and as left me £30+ lighter off. I should say that I bought this from ASDA and not Amazon.

[-HEADSET-] - 4/5

The headset itself is well built and sturdy. The ear cups are comfortable to wear on your ears and they block out all outside noises. Which is good when you're trying to concentrate on gaming. However, if you have a bigger head than usual you might find these a little too uncomfortable to wear or they mightn't fit at all. On both ear cups you have three buttons. One is for Game Headset which has a red button and Volume Up/Down setting. The other ear cup is a chat button to mute and unmute your headset with a volume up/down setting. The clarity of your audio is very good and if you're solely using it for this function, then I would recommend this headset.

[-MICROPHONE-] - 1/5

You can attach your microphone to the left or right ear cup. Which is solely down to preference as it doesn't make a difference, which you use. However, it doesn't have much flexibility which means it is quite far from your mouth area which means you're coming across quiet in chats and live streams. It does have some flexibility, but not enough for it to matter. The only way around this is to tape it to your face. Which, I do admit works. Yes, I tried it. However, it isn't a practical choice if you have a beard or can't be bothered taping something to your face. Let's face it you shouldn't have to do this to get a decent voice audio. You can of course turn the volume up on your headset so your voice gets louder, but if you turn it up to a point where people can clearly hear you speak you're left hearing a buzzing noise. That frankly gets annoying and ruins a live streams or chatting with your friends.

At first I thought the buzzing was due to me charging it and using it. But tried without charging it and the annoying buzzing is still there so due to this fact alone this makes this headset totally unusable as a chatting headset for Xbox Live, PSN, Live Streaming on Twitch, and Skype. How the R&D department Gioteck could come up with a practically non-flexible microphone boggles the mind.

[-CONNECTING TO OTHER DEVICES-] - 2/5

I can use this on both my PC and PS4 and the game audio comes through very clearly. It doesn't work on my Xbox One. But I knew thought before buying this headset. Again, this is fine if you're looking for a headset that is for game audio only. But if you're looking for a headset to chat with your friends or chat within a game lobby, then you're stuck. Unlike the PC problems of inflexible microphone this one turns your wireless headset into a wired one. You see the microphone won't work without cables (which are provided) now if you're close to your TV and console this isn't a problem, but if you're on the other side of the room and your TV and PS4 were on the other it becomes an absolute nightmare. Also, the same problems are prevalent on console that are on the PC.

[-IN CONCLUSION-]

I can only give Gioteck EX-06 Wireless Foldable Headset 2 stars. If you're looking for a headset for game audio only and don't care about chatting to others, then this is very good for that. However, if you're using it for multiple functions, then I say avoid this and go for something better. I paid £31 at ASDA and I feel letdown by this product. On Amazon it's £63.99 (priced on 26/12/13), which is a total rip off for this product.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 May 2014
I bought this headset on the basis that I'd been an early adopter of the new PS4 and there wasn't much variety by way of decent headsets for the console. Whilst the sound quality was pretty decent there are a few issues that other reviewers have mentioned that bear repeating and taking note of:

- The microphone is long, flexible and not manoeuvrable meaning that it remains quite far from your mouth.
- The set-up for the PS4 isn't accurately explained in the instructions, be prepared to use the extra cables to connect it to your TV.
- The battery life is poor.
- Trying to use it for PC VoIP chats just doesn't work no mater how much you mess with your settings.

The customer services support was really decent - the boom mic apparently wasn't appropriate for the PS4, so they sent a new one. It's still quiet and inflexible, therefore annoying and distracting where gaming is concerned.
on 30 October 2014
Great Headset, i got mine for £30 so definitely value for money. I use it off my phone and PC, its perfect with no sound delay that i have noticed.

It does sometimes lose its signal when you don't use it but that's to save battery life. I put my headset to recharge overnight when i don't use and it last a good 4-5 hours without charge.

I haven't use it on any consoles but for PC and my phone its a perfect headset much better then having all the wires from my EX05 headset. It has a great solid build, feels very comfortable with great sound quality. The mic can swap sides and plugs in with a 3.5 jack which is great if you want to just use the headset for music.

I believe this headset can be used on PS3, PS4, XBOX360 and XBOX One, but you may have to Google or look on YouTube for the XBOX one connection set up method.
on 18 May 2014
My son asked me to order this headset for his PS4 console. After reading the specifications and customer reviews I advised him that it probably wasn't the best use of his money. However the next day he returned from ASDA having paid £36 for it.

GENERAL PROBLEMS:

Firstly, as other reviewers have stated, the basic idea of a "wireless" headset that has to be connected to anything with a cable - what's that all about?

Secondly, the set up complexity of a dongle, plugged in to the console USB, with another cable that has to be connected to the TV "Audio-out" - too many settings that need to be changed.

SPECIFIC PROBLEMS WITH THE EX-06 HEADSET WE GOT:

With the PS4 you need to connect the EX-06 headset to the controller with a cable. The cable supplied had two different sized jack plugs, the larger of the two plugs fitted in the headset socket or the controller socket, but the smaller jack fitted neither.

Unable to try the headset with the PS4, we thought we'd test it with the PS3. Unfortunately during set up the padding of one of the earpads detached from its backing plate - so it was back to ASDA for a refund.

Turns out the other reviewers are right - THIS IS NOT A GOOD BUY AT ANY PRICE.
on 4 July 2015
Great headset i use it for my phone and ps4 at same time great price for what it does A++ all tne way
on 8 May 2015
My son loves them.
on 5 January 2014
I bought ex-06 for my Ps4 hoping to get a decent headset for a decent price. I was wrong. The headset looks good and sounds pretty good, the battery life isn't amazing but the most frustrating thing is that there is a sound delay which is very uncomfortable and annoying.

If there is a solution to this problem I would gladly give it a 5/5 but now I can only give 1/5.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 21 December 2013
Giotecks ​​new is very easy to use and you can connect them to most things, but they are not compatible with the Xbox One which is a shame because I own one.
They are very comfortable and you can wear them for long. The sound is very good and they have a very heavy bass. I have owned many headsets for the past few years and these have the best sound so far. Sony's Pulse Headset for Playstation 3 has been my favorite so far but these have even better sound at a better price. Appeal lies suroundsound the best I've heard so far, better than Turtle Beach Dolby Processor.
In summary, very good headset on if you do not have Xbox One which is a shame.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See one answered question