5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference
When I updated my four devices to iOS 7 needed something to show me the new points and how to use them this was a great starter and reference.
Published 8 months ago by Edwin Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Quickly Written; Quickly Read
I downloaded this guide for iOS 7 just after I upgraded my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 to this new system release. I burned through it quickly to get a feel for new features and new ways of using old ones. It alerted me to a few things that it might have otherwise taken longer to discover, including:

- An explanation of Steve Jobs' skeuomorphic approach to design and...
Published 9 months ago by John M. Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Quickly Written; Quickly Read, 7 Oct 2013
John M. Ford "johnDC" (near DC, MD USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Complete Guide to iOS 7 for iPad and iPhone (Kindle Edition)

- An explanation of Steve Jobs' skeuomorphic approach to design and how it has been supplanted with the new "cartoonish look" from Jony Ive. The king is dead; long live the king.
- The way the screen's background shifts in 3D as I move my device--and a bunch of other little changes that are said to be part of the fantastic new organic design, but don't really matter much. "If you have to explain the joke, it isn't funny."
- The new Air Drop feature for sharing files to nearby iPhone and iPad users. Quite useful, actually.
- How to configure and use the new Control Center that pops up from the bottom of the screen.
- Enticing tidbits about photos, maps, the iCloud, and other included apps and new features.

The book has its weaknesses. It feels hastily assembled, takes up too much space with good versus old comparisons of screens and icons, and says far too little about many topics, especially Siri. But it's quick to read and doesn't cost much. It's worth a look for that fast overview right after you upgrade.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for everyone, 12 Jan 2014
Farook Razzak (Lanzarote, Spain) - See all my reviews
Clear concise and very useful. But no different to the info supplied on Apple's websites. Nice to have a copy of this book though.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO IOS 7 FOR IPAD and PHONE, 28 Nov 2013
A BOOK WHICH GIVES A SIMPLE WAY TO USE iOS 7. IT COVERS ALL OF THE VARIOUS USES AND HOW ONE CAN USE IT FOR TO WORK WITH.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference, 12 Nov 2013
Edwin Roberts (Midsomer Norton) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars thorough, 25 Oct 2013
You can take this guide and see it to work through the workings of the iPad even if you are an information dinosaur.