5.0 out of 5 stars Rise Up - Return Of The Dread
Published 11 months ago by D. Bland

3.0 out of 5 stars Very similar to "Eye of the Horizon"
Published 10 months ago by Alex

5.0 out of 5 stars Rise Up - Return Of The Dread, 9 Sep 2013
D. Bland (Somewhere) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Escapades (Audio CD)
Stunning is the first word I'll use, I thought Eye On The Horizon was a peak, this steps up to the next level. Opening track Next Generation sets the tone, and then comes Man In A Suit, then I Love You Goodbye. Will this album start to level off after such a strong start, errrr no. Rise Up, Fire In The Dark and Too Late then hit you. In between these we get On My Way, Roosevelt High, Places and Music Of The Spheres, equally as good as the up tempo songs adding balance to the whole thing.

Earl 16 and MC Spee vocals are sublime, Lena Cullen adds a different dimension with her great voice, and lets not forget Mick Jones on Too Late, nuff said.

The songwriting and production on the album is top quality, a step forward while still managing to retain the Dreadzone sound we all know and love.

Rise Up Dreadzone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Triumph, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Escapades (Audio CD)
Yet again Dreadzone deliver the goods! This album is fantastic, it blends all the usual Dreadzone vibes and still sounds as fresh and vibrant as ever. Great to hear collaborations with Lena Cullen and Mick Jones, and to have Tim Bran back in the fold on this album. It's hardly a wonder why John Peel rated these guys so highly when they keep producing some of the best British music available after all these year.

What you get with this album is 10 new, fantastic, bouncy tracks from the mighty Dreadzone....buy it, I promise you'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Education Time..., 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Escapades (Audio CD)
Love music? Having trouble finding something that really stands out from the crowd? Look no further... This LP raises the bar yet again. Dreadzone can do no wrong, whatever album you buy of theirs you are in for a treat. Even if you start with Escapades and don't get their seminal work 'Second Light' first, you'll be blown away.
As ever they mix different styles of music but with their definitive dub reggae sound at its beating heart.

Production duties fulfilled by one time full member Tim Bran push this onto another level, but the whole Dread family pull together to produce an LP of sublime quality. Coupled with guest vocals from the brilliant Lena Cullen and Mick Jones..I dare you not to like it

If you love them on record, seriously, do not miss them live. One of the best bands out there today and they are playing near you sometime in the future...a must

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Escapades (Audio CD)
Have all Dreadzone albums; this one is a real mix of their styles over the years. Other reviewers online have described the different genres in the tracks - suffice to say I generally agree with this analysis; it is certainly more Dreadzone as I like it than the previous album Eye on the Horizon which turned out to be a bit lightweight. Escapades has glimpses of 360 degrees and Sound which are my favourite two Dreadzone albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Amazing Dreadzone, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Escapades (Audio CD)
In all these years I never tire I just get inspired. Track TOO LATE is phenominal, I'm playing it on a loop! Another monumental Dreadzone album.

5.0 out of 5 stars dreadzone does it again, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Escapades (Audio CD)
dreadzone awesome album just like all other material in past and would highly recommend escapades to everyone who loves all there other stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album To Date, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Escapades (MP3 Download)
Absolutely love it, constantly on my car stereo and home player.
Was lucky enough to see them live a few days ago and the energy they generate is phenominal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreadzone does it again, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Escapades (MP3 Download)
Brilliant albumn, such a great mix ...Such a great, different and interesting band, fantastic songs as always. Recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Escapades, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Escapades (Audio CD)
well worth the wait, Dreadzones new album Escapades is a must buy- can not stop playing it- next generation, fire in the dark, rise up and man in a suit my fav so far, but I get so much more out of each track the more I listen. now I need to download all the remixes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very similar to "Eye of the Horizon", 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Escapades (Audio CD)
I enjoyed the album overall, however, all the tracks are very similar to the last and very much in style of eye of the horizon, which was a very good album. I was hoping for some new stuff, It is still good, and I'm going the see them live, but for me it wasn't as great as Dreadzone can be...and have we producing tunes like "Captain Dread" and "Little Britain".

Escapades