Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 7 May 2013
The young Australian saxophonist began lessons at the age of six, and made her concerto debut ten years later. A scholarship to the Royal College of Music necessitated a move to London, since when her career has taken off; Amy has since been the recipient of several international prizes and also recorded three albums with Sony Music.

Smile was the first, a laid-back journey through some smooth classical numbers, but this was followed by Glass, Tavener & Nyman, featuring brilliant arrangements (by the artist herself) of some minimalist contemporary classics.

The cover of Dusk and Dawn suggests an Art Deco nightclub, but this is one where Jerome Kern rubs shoulders with Bellini, where Tom Waits kicks off his heels and settles down with Fauré and Ravel. Unlikely perhaps, but made possible - and indeed highly enjoyable - only by the silkiest of saxophone playing from Amy Dickson.

An album which manages to be in turn both sultry and cool, classical and popular, Dusk and Dawn is full of contrasts. At its heart though it's a seductive and impossible-to-refuse invitation to chill out with one of the most highly regarded players of today.
on 9 May 2013
Saw this young lady on the BBC breakfast programme with Susanna and Bill quite captivated by the young lady and when I git the disc it was all and more I could have hoped for, Really sublime music worth all of 5 stars, not only good just to sit and listen to but excellent background music or dinner or when friends are round for an evening, Anxious to see what the next offering id from this young lady
VINE VOICEon 13 May 2013
I first heard Amy Dickson on Classic FM and instantly fell in love with her playing. This CD has increased my respect and admiration for her playing. If CDs wear out mine will not last very long. If you like the saxophone and classical music this CD should please you.
on 12 September 2013
My first experience of this artist, and she doesn't disappoint. Pour a nice glass of something red, turn the lights down and enjoy.
on 7 August 2013
Truly brilliant musicianship so enjoyable and good to listen to an exceptionally talented woman - I would highly recommend it all
on 8 January 2014
I purchased this for my son who has recently been diagnosed with MS, he'd heard some of her music and said it would really calm his mind down. His face was a picture when he saw it amongst his birthday presents.
Arrived super fast, thank you!
on 19 October 2013
I am a bit of a music geek, I'm not great on chart entries but love anything in the musical/broadway category, jazz and swing or gentle classical musicians. I first saw Amy Dickson on the Classical Brit awards where she won the best newcomer prize.

I was immediately intrigued and had a quick look at some videos on YouTube and then decided to invest in her album and I'm not sorry I did. I'm a firm believer that playing a range of music around your children encourages them to not conform to the stereotypes of their peers and I've been playing this around the house as it's not too heavy and they find it is nice relaxing background music.

Amy Dickson blends classical pieces seamlessly with more American Songbook classics and it makes for great listening. her rendition of The theme from Local Hero is beautiful and I loved so many of the pieces of the album. The only one I was dubious about was Adiu Poirot, it was a little cheesy having the theme to Poirot on the album.

A lovely album and highly recommended.
on 3 January 2014
If you are looking for some relaxing, high quality classical music, but without going back to the classics you always listen to, give a try to Amy Dickson. She is, plain and simply, fantastic.
on 24 February 2015
Not what I was expecting from the Cd . It was still delivered to the usual high standard ,that comes from Amazon. Cd contents wasnt to my liking, hope it will grow on me with a few more plays.
on 23 June 2013
This CD was purchased because on Classic FM my wife and I heard the track " Casta Diva".
We are not normally impulse buyers but this CD seemed a cut above the rest as it were.
Having received this purchase in ultra quick time we played the CD from beginning to end.
This young lady has talent and a knack for interpretation.
It is a fabulous collection of laid back sound.
We highly recommend it.