Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 April 2014
It may be that being only English speaking I am not getting full benefit of the lyrics, the music is nice and reminds me of Benebar but this album does not have the interesting sounds of earlier albums and feels very 'safe'. Pleased I bought it but doubt it will be played as much as the other Manu chao I have.
on 24 May 2015
Don't believe the bad reviews here. Read the good reviews of it on Amazon.com for a more balanced view. If you like Manu Chao, you'll probably love this too. You may have to listen a few times to get into it. I find the more I listen, the more I like it. Witty words add interest and depth. Some of you like me may need a French dictionary! There are at least two outstanding tracks: "100,000 remords" & "Siberie" but all of them are growing on me. The tunes are quite catchy. Give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised. Am glad I discovered this. It has only recently become available in this country.
on 27 October 2015
I don't know why this has such a low overall rating! My initial response was disappointment, but after listening to it a little more it quickly grew on me. It has some absolutely amazing songs and I would summarise it as catchy, charming and interesting; so, in these ways, it's very similar to his other solo works. Stylistically it is a little different from his previous two albums and so perhaps some people have not given it enough of a chance.
on 16 January 2015
I really enjoyed his early stuff, but this really disappoints, it just seems one long album of exactly the same song running throughout. Gets annoying very quickly.
on 8 July 2014
Disappointing - nowhere near as good as his other stuff.
on 13 February 2014
This is not on a par with Manu's excellent earlier work. It's a slight change of direction with the lyrics being sung mostly in French rather than the intriguing and exciting changes of language normally thrown into the mix. But it's the music that's the bigger let down coming across as MOR bland - a criticism you couldn't throw at early work.
on 25 November 2014