Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.09

on 25 September 2013
I'm very happy to see Birdy release an album of her own work. I love how different it is compared to the first one, it's not just Birdy and her piano any more and it proves what a great and versatile artist she is. My personal favourite is 'Light Me Up', this song has so much power in it. It's such a pleasure for me to see someone growing up as an artist and becoming better and better :)
on 23 September 2013
Having really enjoyed her first album, I eagerly awaited this composition of her own work and was not disappointed. Having just heard the whole deluxe album, thanks to the Amazon cloud. There really is no bad track, each one demonstrates different aspects of this young lady's extraordinary talent. It is difficult to believe she is 17, so mature are her vocals and lyrics. As said all tracks are excellent, but personal early favourites are, Wings, Heart of Gold, All you never say, Maybe, Standing in way of the light and Older.
'
Birdy bears comparison to early work by the magnificent 'Jewel' one of my all times favourites, if you have not heard her Foolish Games, give yourself a treat!

If Birdy can continue to produce work like this, we are witnessing a new star! Cannot wait to see her live at end of October.
on 25 September 2013
This is such a mellow album. Great voice and a pleasure to listen too. I normally listen to dance/club music but this is a nice refreshing change for me. There is a a MP3 live lounge EP free on Amazon right now which I downloaded first and I liked it that much I bought this album. The song I heard to gain my interest in this artist was Wings .... This is my favourite track by her and I'm sure she will be making music for a long time to come :)
on 20 November 2013
I am a big Birdy fan, her first cd having being on heavy rotation in my house. I bought her second cd on a whim and on the strength of her superb single 'wings'. initially, I was unsure about how I felt about it. this was clearly a turn towards mid-tempo commercial pop songs. I wasn't quite sure I was happy about it, and for a moment at first, I thought 'wings' was all there was to this album. But boy was I wrong! I persevered and realized that her songs were well crafted pop ditties and in between the obvious efforts for commercial recognition lay beautiful songs, like 'no angel', 'standing in the way of the light' (which could have been sung by a fine frenzy) and 'strange birds'.., all enveloped by her achingly beautiful voice. And as I
continue to listen to this album, I discover new gems. All I can say is don't go in seeking a repeat of birdy's first album, just keep an open mind and get ready to be enthralled. This cd has so far been overlooked, what a pity this is! Birdy is evolving in quite the songwriter, and given the right support, this cd will be the beginning of many other gems!
on 28 September 2013
What a lovely album this is. Treated myself to the deluxe version and am so glad. Birdy is maturing into a fine artist. This is equally as good as, and probably better than, her first album. Only had it since Monday and have played it every day since. Her haunting voice is amazing. Love it, love it, love it. Go on, treat yourself!
on 12 August 2015
Love this album! I'm new to Birdy after hearing her acoustic version of Wings on the Lloyds Bank advert and thought I'd give her album a go (usually a bad idea as the one good song I've heard ends up being the only good one of the whole album!!). Well, I cannot take this cd out of my player! She is a very talented lady and don't know how I've been oblivious to her music this whole time!
The Auto Rip is a bonus for two reasons..... 1. Not having to wait until the cd arrives to listen and 2. Bought this cd rather than the deluxe version due to the price difference but the album you get to download is the deluxe version.... Handy!! Maybe this is a mistake so buy it quick before Amazon realises ;)
My favourite tracks so far are Wings, Maybe, No Angel and All About You. They're all good tracks though, none of them make me want to skip to the next :)
on 8 March 2014
Not keen at first as she has grown up a lot since her first album - so stlye & voice has changed. However after listening 3 times it has grown on me & I love it. Good listening for driving or sat at home with a glass of wine
on 21 May 2016
I'm not going to review the music, its great, I'm going to write a quick review for the vinyl fans. I already had the CD and fancied the vinyl. Is it musically better, no is the honest answer.
As for the vinyl and packaging. The vinyl is housed in a good quality gatefold sleeve that has a light texture in feel, the inner has an image on one side and lyrics printed on the other and is also good quality.
The vinyl itself is 180g, a good solid lump. I have to say that my copy is a bit poppy even after Two cleans on my Moth RCM. I had trouble actually believing the rubbish i removed from this new vinyl, it had the texture of brick dust and quite a lot of it at that, the second clean removed more and has got the pops to a more acceptable level.
It is a good idea to clean your vinyl, even if it is new.
on 20 October 2015
Amazing album, haven't stopped listening for months. Even the songs I didn't find amazing at first have just gotten better and better. Don't skip a single song anymore just let it play, first album I can say that about.
on 20 February 2016
Birdy's first album of the same name hinted at potential, but did little to showcase her voice and even less her songwriting, the latter having been featured on just one track.
By contrast, Fire Within shows both talents to an extraordinary degree. Birdy has found 'her' voice on this album and is able to reflect fully the emotion of her writing. Likewise, that writing shows huge progress. There is real quality in some of the lyric phrasing and melodic structures. When writing and delivery combine to produce an emotional response in me as a listener, I know that I have found a jewel! This fast became one of my favourite albums of the past five years and I look forward eagerly to the next.