on 28 January 2014
I want to make it clear that this case is under no circumstances suited for the Galaxy Note 3. It is simply a general big case in which you can store any sort of phablet but I really doubt that it is designed for any phone in specific.

It is far wider and a bit too short for the Note 3. To give you an idea, once the phone is in, there's still room for your finger to actually make it fit properly without moving. And this is the reason why I put it 2 stars: because a phone must not move left and right in a case! As for the height of it, again this case disappoints; you have to force it to close it properly (but I confirm that you can still close it).

As a case in general it is actually quite good with a nice padded material of good quality. If there was in fact a phone wide enough to actually fit in there, this case would be recommended. But for the Note 3, I definitely can't say the same.
on 12 October 2013
Not everyone wants a case which will be constantly attached to their device. The Note III is such an attractive phone that you just want to have it in your hand, unencumbered by straps and flaps and the like. When I decided to purchase a Note III, I knew I would need something to protect the device, but I couldn't decide which sort of case or cover I would wish to use. I initially bought this item to be a stop-gap: something inexpensive which would provide the necessary protection while I decide which sort of case I would eventually go for. Having used this case for a couple of weeks, I've decided to stick with this as my permanent case. It is virtually weightless, and whipping the phone out of it is dead simple and quick. Given that it has a flap, if you have one of those flat earphone plugs, you can have your earphone wire hanging out of the side. The case is so soft that it is pliable within your pocket, but I feel that should the worst happen, and you drop the device, it would provide some level of protection. It certainly protects that precious screen, which has to be the main consideration. Considering the price, this has to be considered a good buy.
on 9 October 2013
Big case for a big phone. Nice padded material with bulky velcro flap fastener.
The case is wider than it needs to be by at least 10mm and could do with being maybe 5mm longer if I were to be picky.
Makes the Note 3 'just pocketable' phone less pocketable but can usually find one pocket in jeans or coat it fits into.
Ideal if storing in a handbag / manbag.
Ordered on a Tuesday and arrived Tuesday the week after. No prime delivery available at the time of purchase.
Good protection & value for money though if your not in a hurry to get it.
on 21 November 2013
The neoprene shock sock is great as a pouch and it saved my phones on a couple of occasions as I have one for my ip5 but this one was originally for my note 3 which I returned and got the nexus 5 and I now use the pouch for this I've also got a bumper case coming for my N5 so I'm happy that I stuck with the note 3 pouch as it will still slide in and out with the extra width..
But I've always got a neoprene shock sock as its a great light pouch.
on 18 October 2013
Bought this case because having just bought the new Galaxy Note 3 no shop that I could find sold a case for the phone - how stupid!!! I looked and looked hard for a case having some experience from buying cases for past iphones. I simply couldnt make my mind up as there arn't that many cases to chose from at the moment from known brands. I've been using my phone for work so needed a case urgently and decided to buy this case as a stop gap just like previous reviewer did (Mr. Geoffrey Phillips). Just got the case today and it's what I expected. The seller was good enough to send it earlier than expected after I initially discovered it was going to take a week to arrive - which was no good for me.

Early days yet cause I've only just got the case but it provides simple all round protection of the phone where most cases only cover the back and sides. I was tempted to buy the survivor case on here but having had one for my iphone previously found the belt clip useless and it was annoying to keep removing all the rubber covers that covered the camera etc. Plus despite having a case that covered the entire phone, you do lose that feel of the phone and EVERY screen protector and case that provides a perspect screen cover reduces the brilliance of the screen, kind of dumbs down the look of it. So in short this case allows full protection when the phone is not in use and when in use I get to experience the phone in all it's brilliance. For me it might be a stop gap or not but provide the protection I need.

Good price.
on 2 November 2013
Your Note 3 is an expensive piece of kit + you may be stuck with it for 2 years on contract or paid a lot of money upfront.

As other people have said the case is nicely padded and extremely well made.

One of the other reviews said it was slightly to big by 1cm, well this is great which means you can put a not too big shock case on the phone and still give it extra protection with this case so you can chuck it in your PC bag etc.

I also tend to push the Velcro flap inside the case so the phone is easy to slide out but only if I sure it wont slide out on the floor.

Bottom line well made and nice, ideal if you wont to keep the phone without a bulky external clip on to the phone but still houses a clip on if not too large.
on 14 January 2014
Item not as described, this is a universal case and it sure was not custom made for the Samsung Galaxy notes 3 ,i found this case to be too wide and the flap just barely closes due it being short in height.

Awaiting request to return for refund
on 18 December 2015
The pouch is for a Samsung Note 4 with a Ringke slim case fitted. My primary objective is for carrying the phone in jeans pocket, thrown inside a bag or hung on a cord off the neck. This style of protection is preferred over a flip-case because every part (especially camera lens) is protected once cocooned inside a “rubbery” pouch.
Good width, not glove tight or excessive. For illustration purposes – a pencil width spare to one side of the cased phone, and some banknotes or a couple of credit cards inside it. Neoprene stretches a little after all. For my set up, the ideal height would need to be 0.5cm taller to have the lid closed perfectly. And top-edge of the cased phone would be levelled with the top lip/ mouth of the pouch. It still closed ok. It is acceptable as is. Critically, the pouch dimension is 15cm tall x10cm wide externally, disregarding the flip-over lid. Without the addition of the Rinke case, it would be a better fit height wise. However, it would benefit with a slight increase in height still as some interior space/ height is taken up by the hem.
The neoprene material, the edge rubber piping finish, and overall sewing are very good. For perfection, the continuous edge piping exposed end could be better finished with sewing a cloth tab cover over it.
For smaller size phones, check out the other Shocksock (same brand as the one I’ve purchased) pouch with a side looped tab and karabiner attached.
I think my set up is near ideal. The finishing touch is to purchase a worthy wireless in-ear headset. Lovely job-b-ly!
Note: my research has found that all pouches sold are generic and it will be the nearest to the dimension of a “particular” model of phone – there is no such thing as a Note 4 pouch.
review image
on 14 November 2013
Arrived this morning 4 day ahead of the forecast date, I have used a shocksock case on my 'HTC One' for the past two years without a problem, this looks well made and durable albeit neoprene, looks like great protection for only £3.95 inc 20% VAT
on 15 August 2015
This product looks like its made of neoprene but it certainly doesn't feel like it ... neoprene feels like jelly when you squeeze it, this feels like cheap foam and compresses to nothing ... it does look like neoprene but doesn't feel like it will offer much protection from drops or impact, but should protect from scratches. It appears well made, though materials feel insubstantial/cheap and no way would this ever be worth £19.99 RRP!!! ... it is barely worth the £3.95 I paid. Given the lack of alternatives in this size I am happy enough to keep it, though won't be buying another foam case like this again.