5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
I am always excited to see a new book out by Hilary Green. It amazes me that someone who writes such wonderful, gripping and exciting stories has trouble getting her work published when there are other authors out there who write terrible books and hit the bestseller list. After her last set of books which took place during the first world war, Hilary Green takes us...
Published 9 months ago by Leigh

3.0 out of 5 stars Operation Kingfisher
A dry read which was very slow to get going and did not hold my interest - it was not finished!
Published 3 months ago by Peter Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
I liked this because of its description of WW2 matters of which I was unaware. The characters were likeable, if without depth, and it made an enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars damned good read!!!, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
thoroughly absorbing read, it can totally ruin your sleep pattern if you're not careful. will surely keep an eye open for any more books by this author!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Operation Kingisger, 28 Feb 2014
Mrs (Bicester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
I have not yet read the book but the short summary sound interesting so I`m sure I will enjoy it,

5.0 out of 5 stars Operation Kingfisher, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
I considered this rating because I enjoyed the book. It was very compelling and realistic. I have enjoyed other books by this author

3.0 out of 5 stars Just about OK, 26 Feb 2014
D. Foot (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
PROS:
It's a light hearted fast moving yarn about life in occupied France near the end of WWII. Never gets boring.
CONS:
Unbelievably corny with plastic characters (the pubescent heroine who introduces the concept of a spark plug to 20 hairy bottomed farmers is hilarious) and a predictable plot.

I won't be reading anything else by this authoress, but this book is probably fine for teenagers and people with a lot of time on their hands.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Rad, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
Nice easy read, bet it gets serialised for TV, also a safe read for young adults, if a bit bland.

4.0 out of 5 stars An insight into resistance to tyranny, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
I'm not entirely convinced life in occupied France was quite so straightforward for the Maquis, or the Germans were quite so readily defeated, a friend of my father's having herself been betrayed whilst serving as an SOE agent and subsequently murdered in Dachau. She was young and beautiful.

Nevertheless a good, exciting and uncomplicated fictional story set in a real world background which will give teenage readers an inkling of what the real-life Eliane and her extraordinarily heroic comrades went through, and maybe an inkling of how fortunate they are to be privileged enough to inherit the world they died to save.

The main characters are portrayed with understanding and sympathy, and I would like to know what became of Luke and Christine as their war developed if a sequel were to emerge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good world war two story, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy world war two stories so I found this book really well written and I felt I knew the characters and joined in their adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good story..I didn't want it to end, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
These days it makes a change to read a good story without undue blood and violence. Most people are aware of the horror of war and it is the sign of a good author who can convey the excitement of the story without over indulging in violence.
I will look out for more from this author Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for teenagers, 5 Feb 2014
D. Edson "Dan" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Kindle Edition)
As an adult I enjoyed reading this book but I bet a young teenager would love it. As it's all about Teenagers having a wartime adventure.

Operation Kingfisher