5.0 out of 5 stars Clever title is only the start of what is a very good book
Hugely entertaining. This is so much more than just a 'funny romantic comedy'. Superbly written. And I really do like that clever title! Recommended.
Published 12 months ago by Jenn Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful
A boring and predictable diatribe with little so called humour. . I couldn't even like the heroine, she was too exasperating for that!
Published 2 months ago by Jackson's girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever title is only the start of what is a very good book, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: THE GREAT BRITISH DATE OFF - A FUNNY ROMANTIC COMEDY (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it immensely - Very funny, 10 Sep 2013
I've followed the commytooper cartoon and humour blog since the early days and and when I saw that The Great British Date Off was the debut novel of one of the co-writers, I had high hopes, especially as the blog is so cleverly written.

Took a punt and hey - the book is so funny - although not a surprise really given Sheila's obvious pedigree. We can all relate to something in the book although not sure about the cringing embarrassment in the village chemist!!

Great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The great British date off, 5 May 2014
Great read and I think I 've found myself a new author. Just hope she s written other books. Let's get to amazon to have a look!

5.0 out of 5 stars The great British date off, 5 Nov 2013
If you like a good chuckle and a bit of romance this is for you. Thoroughly enjoyed it and shall be keeping an eye out for her next offering... If you need a 'pick me up' check out her blog 'Commy Tooper, .. Patsy

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit the spot, 28 Jan 2014
I have to be honest and say that I normally don't do romcom's but I came across this book on a wet January afternoon, a much needed distraction from the worry of Global Warning during what felt like almost 40 days and 40 nights of relentless rainfall, and while we are into confessions I also don't do reviews so you can be sure that I enjoyed this book enough to break the habit.

A thoroughly entertaining and funny read and like another reviewer I did not stop until it was finished, it's great character observations and self-deprecating humour hit the spot perfectly, and being a emigre from London to the country myself many many years ago (that isn't a requirement to appreciate this read) I got all the City v Country jokes.

I also got a buy one, get one free with this book as I am now a fan of the CommyTooper blog and looking forward to her second book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 27 Jan 2014
Stumbled upon this book by chance last week and although not necessarily fond of 'chick lit' decided to give it a try nonetheless. Fortunately my initial apprehensions proved unfounded as what I discovered was a genuinely funny slice of quintessential British life. The central protagonist was both realistic and likeable (often a rarity in the genre) and despite one or two characters at times descending into cliches/caricatures, this did not not detract from the story as such short-comings were skillfully used for comedic effect. Overall a very readable & enjoyable book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended read, 25 Aug 2014
I found this book witty and enjoyable. Sometimes predictable, however an easy holiday read. I did like Maggie as a character. There were some laugh out loud moments. Recommended read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 18 July 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 20 Sep 2014
A good read if a bit predictable .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Sep 2014