5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for authors, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Complete E-Book Bestseller Formula for Authors [2nd Edition]: A Time-Tested, Guaranteed Recipe for Kindle Best Seller Success: Increase Book Sales ... and Kindle KDP (Be a Kindle Bestseller 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a terrific book full of useful tips and advice. Well written with an authoritative and convincing voice, the reader feels the advice comes from experience and not some hokey sales person, like some How To books. Although aimed largely at non-fiction, most advice can be applied to fiction as well. A must read for anyone planning a kindle book.

5.0 out of 5 stars really helpful, easy to understand and fun, 14 Dec 2013
This book was recommended to me and I'm really glad it was. Its plain speaking and full of tips I've not seen before. I liked the informal style and felt Eric really does offer content of value unlike a lot of books on this subject that offer the world but are full of nothing. This book was easy to read and gave me practical tips to put straight into practice. I'm glad to say it made me laugh in places too - some books are way too serious, this one is fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great book...a must read for any Kindle author, 19 Sep 2013
I've read a lot of books about writing, formatting and promoting your Kindle book, and I have to say that this is one of the best I have read.
Why?
Well, it covers what you need to know in a concise and straight forward way, it is VERY well written and edited (as you would expect) and gives the right amount of information at the right time.
Some book sin this genre are written by authors that have 'got lucky' and have had some success. Mr Michael has worked at it and made his own success. Even though I have written Kindle books myself which I have got to high rankings, I know that in applying the information from this book I will be able to increase my sales and get even higher rankings.
A MUST READ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free tasks to sell considerably more nonfiction or fiction ebooks, 14 Sep 2013
As an author of both fiction and non-fiction books, I am confident that Eric Michael's advice will work for both types of books, although the keyword research and application seems like it would work best for non-fic.

The advice is provided directly from an author's perspective, which I appreciated. The author's voice is authoritative, but not condescending.

I am looking forward to applying several free tasks to my books - the book description formatting and advice on how to get my book linked with bestselling titles is intriguing (and easy).

5.0 out of 5 stars Pimp My Kindle Book, 13 Sep 2013
Great stuff. I write fiction, so some of the components I don't think apply as much, but there were plenty of gems in there that I can utilize. I look forward to sitting down and going through this book again, not just reading it, but acting on it. There's plenty of room for improvement, and Eric has given me a starting point. If you write non-fiction, you'll get even more of a benefit. Not only does he have great ideas, but tells you how to implement them. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design!, 12 Sep 2013
This is not the first book I have read by this author and I can understand why he is successful.
The tone is clear and confident and easily convinces the reader that by following his carefully worded steps, if you are prepared to do the research you can become successful.
I see no reason to ever need to read another self-help book because this one has it all. I learnt a lot and found the instructions easy to follow. The chapter headings are useful, there's a lot of work there, after all. But this book will definitely be a bedside companion for me as I endeavour to create and build my own following of readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for serious authors, 11 Sep 2013
I downloaded this book earlier this morning, and I have already taken the advice of the author and made several vital improvements to my book pages on KDP.
I have outsourced the formatting of my Kindle book, with my instructions for HTML tags and I have completed additional keyword research to bring additional traffic to my book page.

I am confident that these changes alone will significantly increase my books sales, and I plan on taking the author's advice and building my author platform outside Amazon, as time permits.

I want to be careful about how excited I sound about this book. I am not sure that I want many other authors in my genre to have the information from this book, like I do. It's that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all!, 11 Sep 2013
The title says it all! Pimp My Kindle Book: How to Make Your Book Look SEXY to Buyers and Sell More eBooks on Amazon and KDP (Be a Kindle Bestseller 1) by Eric Michael is a crash course starting from the first steps and heading around all the bases until you hit the home run. This book is a fast read, but packed with all the information you need, with no extra fluff. Although it's geared for, and is invaluable for, nonfiction writers, everyone who is publishing through KDP will benefit from the author's first hand experience on book marketing. From choosing your title, creating the cover, pricing and promotion and most important, how to get people to find your book - it's all covered. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab this Baby While Ya can..., 10 Sep 2013
I'm a bestselling kindle author myself, but this book gave me a handful of golden nuggets.
Eric has written this in a no BS way that gives you the facts but not the fluff, I highly recommend you get this book and send your Kindle book to the top like ours.
Set out in a simple and logical way.Good job Eric.5*

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 10 Sep 2013
As an independent author with a growing library of books on marketing, I found Eric's books more helpful than the rest and it had an engaging, honest tone that I really enjoyed.