Size: Uni|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 15 December 2013
Bought this as I already have one but needed another for my 2nd GoPro Hero camera.
A man can never have enough gadgets in his life.
Works as it should, sticks like a limpet to any smooth, clean surface, even Cessna 172's!
Excellent delivery times and comms.
10/10
on 28 August 2014
Use this with any of the other accessories you get with the Gopro and you have an almost endless option of places to attach your camera, being a motorcyclist I would prefer a smaller diameter for the suction cup, what with all the curves on a bike but car drivers will have no problem, still deserves a 5* because it sticks like s*** to a blanket.
on 26 January 2016
I initially bought a cheaper mount, but found that it was quite shakey on the bonnet of my car, stabilising the footage in post just made it warp... So I forked out for this one and immediately I see a difference in the quality of the footage, very very stable. I usually try out the cheaper versions first as often they are just as good. On this occasion though, if you want stable, usable footage, I'd recommend paying the extra for this one.
on 22 September 2014
Holds up well past any speed I'll admit to driving. Also works on the outside of a helo so doubt I'll out-perform it.
on 25 October 2015
Recieved my GoPro Suction Cup, along with my GoPro Head Strap and SJ5000+ Camera today, which was delivered next day, thank you amazon for quick delivery!

So Far I'm really impressed with the quality of the Suction Cup.

I have done a video of unboxing and reviewing the SJ5000+ which includes GoPro Suction Cup and Head Strap - https://youtu.be/lgZm8yKaOlM

I also did a video of testing the SJ5000+ using GoPro Head strap and Suction Cup. Went for a drive in my Volvo S60R - https://youtu.be/BP2n0ZUZ8C8

I was a little worried using the suction cup on my car's bumper but stuck like glue, held really good!
on 7 March 2016
It sticks like you know what to a blanket, on anything smooth and not moving. Does a really, really, good job.

On the inside windscreen of my car it sticks like water to an oil slick, and i've cleaned and cleaned that windscreen. I have had seldom a journey that gravity doesn't win at some point, sending the Gopro into free fall and capturing imaginative shots of the drivers foot well.

I personally wouldn't trust it externally on fast moving objects unless you are money rich for buying new cameras, or time rich for boundless hours enjoying the flora and fauna searching for your current one.
on 3 April 2016
Bought this for my GoPro Hero 4 Session. Very impressed. Solid build quality, great accessories (although the default set up will be my most used I'm sure). Obviously the main area to review would be the suction quality and stability, I am happy to say that both are very good indeed. Used on the inside of my car windscreen, outside on the bonnet and also on the outside rear-side window of speeds of around 50mph with no scary moments and great stability. Was a little nervous at first but this thing certainly sticks, removing all worries that this may fail.
on 27 April 2016
Although this product is versatile with a number of alternative set-ups, enabling the camera to be set at exactly the required position, the main body of the device is loose on the suction cup, preventing the camera to be rigidly attached and allowing it to wobble. This means that in a windy situation or when attached to a moving vehicle a high degree of camera-shake is evident. I tried two of these devices and both had the same problem; therefore I think it is a design fault. I expected better from the GoPro brand.
on 15 March 2016
After first uses on the windscreen, I get that feeling I'd need a bravery award to try it anywhere else.. Especially externally on the car.. I will have to try it though, as it definitely has the ability to stick.. But with £300 worth of camera on it, you need to be certain if it's not within grabbing distance.

There could be greater flexibility on angles to set up.. Perhaps I need to play with it more. I think I paid about the right price for it, and hopefully I will find more uses than the car for it.
on 15 March 2016
I tried this twice recently on a snowboard & lasted all of 10 minutes before flying off & rolling down the hill.
Thought there might be a trick to help it stick so I checked a how to video the night before but didn't change the outcome.
It would last longer when applied to a dry board & also on the flat part, but after a few bumped across the piste, it would move or ping off.

Does seem to grab really well, so may just be better suited to an easy or smoother rid.