on 25 December 2013
A good companion to the hard copy edition I use a great deal for Bib Stud, Sermon Prep and private devotions. Down side is you cannot cut and paste as if it was a word document - but do understand why.
on 12 August 2014
I'm commenting on the kindle version.
I was annoyed at first to find that the notes do not appear with the text, however, I have plenty of bibles so actually it's useful to just open the notes to use along side my text.

I've not used it extensively so either I'm not agreeing with the theology or the format is not friendly. I have seen that the notes are available in esword which I might actually prefer.

If you just want the notes, the kindle is cheaper than the book with notes in. If you want to use it daily buy the paper book.
As a comparison study bible note set an e version might be better.

If you are scraping money for this make sure you know and agree with John MacArthur's theological perspective.
on 23 November 2014
Great study bible helps guide you along the scripture, giving notes on the Greek/Hebrew and history behind some verses if necessary and the cross references help you understand scripture more clearly
on 21 October 2014
With plenty of commentary and suggestions for related readings, this is a good product for anyone wanting to study and learn more about Bible text.
on 6 July 2014
Bought this for kindle. All the links work perfectly. Esv reads easily but stay true to original manuscripts. Very helpfull comments by MacArthur.
on 29 April 2014
Excellent translation and wonderful notes.
I'm just delighted with this. .wish I had before. It is very easy to use.
Thank you.
on 31 March 2014
John MacArthur provides an excellent handbook / reference book to dip in and out of as you read your bible
on 5 January 2016
I find this study bible very good as an amateur trying to understsnd the scriptures