5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compilation
Published 11 months ago by SLDJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good tunes however when I put this in my car ...
Some good tunes however when I put this in my car for it to record none of the song titles showe up on the stereo so bit dissapointed.
Published 1 month ago by tracy morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compilation, 9 Jan 2014
An album you can listen to over and over with great beats. I expected this double album to be full of music that I already had but I was pleasantly surprised to find a few tracks I had never heard before. Great for sticking in the CD changer in the car and just letting it play. Your journey is over in no time at all. I was too young for the Casino, though I do remember seeing the place. I came to Northern Soul late but the passion was ignited by Judy Street's classic What (not on this compilation). I think my favourite track though has to be The Originals "Suspicion". Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any Northern Soul fan, 2 May 2014
VG (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent cd better than most of the other compilations. There were only about four tracks that I already had in my original vinyl collection and cd's. I was on the Northern Soul scene in the mid to late 70's and this cd brings back many happy memories. Over thirty years later I'm still listening to Northern Soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars All-nighter Anniversary, 18 Oct 2013
OMG! It's got a plug! (Winchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Consisting of 40 Northern Soul tracks to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Northern Soul all-nighters at Wigan Casino, this is an excellent budget compilation. Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons kick off proceedings with the stomping 'The Night' (a UK Top 10 hit in 1972) and from there on the quality rarely falters. Connoisseurs will be familiar with most of the songs but as with most Northern Soul compilations there are a few lesser known tracks (to my ears at least).

Frank Wilson's ubiquitous 'Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)' opens proceedings on the second disc and two songs from the "3 before 8" close the album. I can only assume that publishing rights prevented the third song - Tobi Legend's sublime 'Time Will Pass You By' - from being included. Nonetheless, whether you're reliving the memories of your youth or making fresh ones, this is a quality compilation and it's a bargain too.

5.0 out of 5 stars YAY! 17 again :), 17 Nov 2014
Well, I toyed for long enough as to whether or not to buy this album. I wasted so much time instead of buying it and dancing like I was 17 again. I love all of the tracks, and although I didn't get to Wigan Casino, it's fame reached across the Pennines to my corner of East Yorkshire, where neither I nor my friends could ever scrape up enough to make the Saturday night journey - a great pity. However, that didn't stop me or my local DJs from having a great time with some of this music. Buy it, be young again, hit your kitchen floor (everyone knows you can't dance on carpet!!), enjoy :) :) :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Northern at it's best, 1 May 2014
Some fab old classics in this double CD. Love it. WARNING: you cannot work while this CD is on because your feet are moving...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wigan Casino, 7 Jun 2014
Anyone who wants to learn about the Northern Soul Scene should just buy this CD anyone who gets soul will get the Wigan Casino 40th Anniversary Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Re: Wigan Casino 40th Anniversary Album, 26 April 2014
Mrs. J. E. Booth (Bury, Greater Manchester) - See all my reviews
I bought this along with The Ultimate Torch, they came together, well packaged. Another great Northern Soul CD to add to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good CD, 16 April 2014
A real mix of the Northern Soul scene. Some good classics that I knew well and some lesser known tracks I hadn't. Good stuff. KTF

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD., 6 Mar 2014
I bought this as a stocking filler for Christmas. There's lots of great tracks on this CD. Well worth the money. Delivered on time too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get down!, 5 Mar 2014
Stompers. Enough said. Brings back memories of the Torch, Catacombs and Casino. Hazy as they might be for whatever reason :)