5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compilation
Published 6 months ago by SLDJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Wigan Casino 40th Anniversary Album
This item is a gift. Listened to album which was okay but not my music. Recipient will thoroughly enjoy it.
Published 7 months ago by Rian Arren

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compilation, 9 Jan 2014
An album you can listen to over and over with great beats. I expected this double album to be full of music that I already had but I was pleasantly surprised to find a few tracks I had never heard before. Great for sticking in the CD changer in the car and just letting it play. Your journey is over in no time at all. I was too young for the Casino, though I do remember seeing the place. I came to Northern Soul late but the passion was ignited by Judy Street's classic What (not on this compilation). I think my favourite track though has to be The Originals "Suspicion". Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars All-nighter Anniversary, 18 Oct 2013
OMG! It's got a plug! (Winchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Consisting of 40 Northern Soul tracks to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Northern Soul all-nighters at Wigan Casino, this is an excellent budget compilation. Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons kick off proceedings with the stomping 'The Night' (a UK Top 10 hit in 1972) and from there on the quality rarely falters. Connoisseurs will be familiar with most of the songs but as with most Northern Soul compilations there are a few lesser known tracks (to my ears at least).

Frank Wilson's ubiquitous 'Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)' opens proceedings on the second disc and two songs from the "3 before 8" close the album. I can only assume that publishing rights prevented the third song - Tobi Legend's sublime 'Time Will Pass You By' - from being included. Nonetheless, whether you're reliving the memories of your youth or making fresh ones, this is a quality compilation and it's a bargain too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Very good would bye again

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Jun 2014
Excellent item, great songs,

5.0 out of 5 stars Wigan Casino, 7 Jun 2014
Anyone who wants to learn about the Northern Soul Scene should just buy this CD anyone who gets soul will get the Wigan Casino 40th Anniversary Album

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any Northern Soul fan, 2 May 2014
VG (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent cd better than most of the other compilations. There were only about four tracks that I already had in my original vinyl collection and cd's. I was on the Northern Soul scene in the mid to late 70's and this cd brings back many happy memories. Over thirty years later I'm still listening to Northern Soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Northern at it's best, 1 May 2014
Some fab old classics in this double CD. Love it. WARNING: you cannot work while this CD is on because your feet are moving...

5.0 out of 5 stars Re: Wigan Casino 40th Anniversary Album, 26 April 2014
Mrs. J. E. Booth (Bury, Greater Manchester) - See all my reviews
I bought this along with The Ultimate Torch, they came together, well packaged. Another great Northern Soul CD to add to my collection.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›