5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Throughly enjoyed this book, couldn't put it down an excellent read and would recommend to anyone with an interest in genealogy or history. Very Good!!
Published 10 months ago by Glynis

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs polish
The premise of this book is sound and interesting but poor writing skills let it down. Inconsistencies in the first fifty pages of the plot are irritating (our protagonist is given a can of beer but within a few sentences it transforms into a bottle of beer) and poor sentence construction produces some unintentional howlers: 'Morton found a parking space beside the...
Published 7 months ago by Joe Average

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hiding the Past (The Forensic Genealogist Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping., 8 Oct 2013
A book with a really interesting storyline with loads of unexpected twists and turns. It certainly kept me guessing, with everything in the mix to make it a real page turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great genealogical detective read, 30 Jan 2014
I was totally gripped from start to finish. Likeable main characters in Morton and Juliette and sympathetic and believable treatment of his personal story line. Relevant historical information was presented well without being "textbooky". I enjoyed the switches from past to present and the twists and turns along the way. Unusually for me I didn't work out "who done it". I understand Morton's obsessive compulsive attitude to his research but found some of the situations he got himself into rather far fetched. I hope there's another Morton Farrier book, if not a series, in the pipeline - but get the proof reading sorted!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 23 Nov 2013
Really enjoyed this book - a good mix of genealogy, intrigue and action.
Could make a decent TV drama perhaps?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 28 Sep 2013
Really enjoyed this genealogical fiction. I was hooked from the start of this great book. Looking forward to the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it!, 26 Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this book, which had a VERY strong story line. My only criticism is that it needed serious proof reading. For instance it was said that a character "ordained" to look at the hero when the word should have been "deigned". Had the story not been so strong I would have stopped reading right there. But the story was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 5 Feb 2014
This book caught my eye on the Kindle special deal page as I have never heard of a forensic genealogist. I decided to "look inside the book". By the time I got to the end of that section I was hooked, so purchased it immediately in order to continue reading. I continued to read (no breaks), until I had finished the book, it's that good.

There were one or two spelling mistakes, but not enough to detract from the story. If you like blood and guts with your thrillers, you probably wouldn't like this book, but If you like a good mystery, and an intriguing somewhat different plot you will probably enjoy it as much as I did.

The story has some interesting twists and turns right up to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 29 Jan 2014
This book had a good storyline with references to genealogical research facilities, and problems encountered with this type of research, all adding to the plot. Morton too is a very believable character. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read., 21 Jan 2014
I love reading a book that is set in an area that I know. This is such a gripping story and the characters are very likeable. The pace is fast and I was sad when I had finished the book. I'm looking forward to a follow up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 12 Jan 2014
This book was recommended to me so I thought I'd give it a go.... unlike some of the similar-themed books I've been pointed at, I found the hero very likeable, no bad language or gratuitous violence. The puzzle was immediately engaging & kept me hooked all the way through, reading the whole thing in only 2 sittings (don't usually get that amount of time to sit & read!)
I found the linking up of the ending a bit of a stretch of the imagination but it was very enjoyable & I look forward to Mr Goodwin's next instalment.