on 26 April 2014
This motherboard does everything 100% its cheap and reliable, it has support for different processors and ram making it great for upgrades. I did however have a issue with it only booting every other time which i noticed was a issue in a previous review on here, but this was down to my own doing turns out it was the power button switch was on the pins on the the wrong way round, i took them all off and used the book that came with it as a reference and now works flawlessly.
on 30 March 2015
Worked for 6 weeks then started to have boot up issues and random reboots. Now it has totally packed up and displays a total blank screen. Good luck owning one of these boards, why not buy 10 of them, enjoy!
on 27 May 2015
I like ASRock motherboards in general and have used them in several desk-top builds with no problems. I needed to upgrade my desktop cheaply by using my old DDR2 memory and 4 core processor and to upgrade my OS from XP to Windows 7. This I was able to do with no problems. A possible limitation is that it only supports two RAM slots of each sort and does not support USB3.0. I have added a USB3 card and this works well. When I need to upgrade again to a faster processor and DDR3 the this motherboard will support them. Its a winner.
on 9 April 2015
Got this mobo for the O.H. a month or so ago, so far no problems as others have mentioned, currently running a Athlon 4800+ dual core with 4GB (2x2GB) DDr2 800MHz, I dropped on an Athlon x3 455 on ebay for £14 and 4GB of Crucial Ballistic Sport DDR3 1600MHz for £17, these will be put on over the next few days, I will try the core unlocking as the 455 becomes a Phenom B55, not a true Phenom as it doesn't have the L3 cache, but I fear it wont be able to use the 4th core due to power issues.
This mobo has a slight better on board graphics than the newer version. The Athlon 4800+ on an old AM2 Asus mobo was have issues booting up, it would hang sometimes, but once the O.S. was loaded was usually fine, but then that mobo is 7/8 years old, everything installed easy enough, could quite clock it as fast on this board, but only just, the 4800+ on this board performs almost as well as the newer A4-5300 system i built for a friend at christmas, mainly due to the graphics card which is a basic nivida GT430, the overall performance of the new CPU should be as good as my Q9400 quad core.
on 21 August 2014
Perfect intermediate board, which was what I bought it for. No problems at all installing it, no subseqent problems in use.
on 14 December 2014
Has allowed me to put some life back into a 6 year old dell 530 system and if I want to upgrade to ddr3 its possible. 6 satas so can be used as a cheap basic home server and runs idle at 50w which isnt bad for the athlon x 2 5000+, 2gb ddr2 and 2hdds connected up. The integrated graphics mean I can run it without a gpu card and it currently serves my plex lib and files while I build a more up to date system and turn this into a basic office pc
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2015
Board is great for the price although I had the same issue many other had, and that was that the motherboard wasn't picking up my graphics card in the PCIE slot, however there is an easy fix and that is to update the BIOS to the latest version (currently V 1.60) and after that it has been good as hold and has decent amount of overclocking features

4 stars
on 17 April 2015
This is as bad as a motherboard can get. To use it with a "peace of mind", i 'd only put a 45W AM3 Athlon II or an undervolted 65W Athlon II. It's really bad. My fx 4300 caused it the motherboard to throttle. Please dont buy this board if you want to put it in a gaming rig
on 18 June 2015
worked as expected. ASRock are a great solid brand and i have used them for years. Don't hesitate in there price putting you off there up there with the big brands mostly using the same chipset's as them. Good warranty and support too.
on 30 November 2014
A brilliant micro board, excellent value for money. Well worth it if your looking for an upgradable motherboard.