5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Let the Title Fool Ya!
With a title like "Never Work Again" I wasn't expecting much and thought it was all hype. I've read numerous books promising wealth and less work, and they are all basically the same. This one is different.

Published 13 months ago by Danielle D.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but way above average
Published 7 months ago by John Bolton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Let the Title Fool Ya!, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Never Work Again: Work Less, Earn More and Live Your Freedom (Kindle Edition)

Motivational, inspirational, practical, and very, very helpful. I am always looking for ways to improve my business and financial situation and am often disappointed with new books claiming they have help and new information for everyone. This one comes through. Ideas and information that was new to me has been very helpful in building my dream. This is so much more than a how to, while giving you the nuts and bolts, it also helps you explore your dreams, values, and encourages growth, no matter where you are in your business goals.

Diagrams sprinkled throughout are helpful for those visual learners and there are exercises that also get you thinking.

Highly recommended for anyone wanting to start a business, already struggling with a business, or for those who have achieved some level of success... you will find something new in this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Freedom at last?, 13 Sep 2013
Madison (Charleston, SC USA) - See all my reviews
That's the dream isn't it? To never work again? Or to have freedom. Simply to pursue our own life path while making our business life work for US rather than constantly slaving TO our business. With this book, Erlend Bakke does a great job at stirring up and inspiring that inner entrepreneur. It doesn't matter if you're just daydreaming of working for yourself or already CEO of a successful company, you will walk away with a renewed perspective on time and goal management. I feel inspired to get up, go do it, and do it smarter! On top of the numerous tips and strategies laid out in this book I can apply to my current business endeavors, there are numerous business plans laid out for those willing to implement them. Great book, definitely worth the read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual, uplifting, motivational and inspiring., 27 Jan 2014
This is one of the best guidance books I have ever read. I am continually searching for a way to create more time for myself and to escape the lifestyle of an employee. This book offers ideas and ways to achieve this all important goal in a motivational and very convincing way.

The authors use of real life examples and easy writing style make this book a joy to read. I would recommend it to anyone that is set on becoming a business owner and wants to realise their dream.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but way above average, 25 Mar 2014
There are probably times when we all wish we worked for ourselves, and there’s certainly no shortage of books engineered to help you achieve this. During the book’s Funeral Exercise, the author quotes Puff Daddy – “You get out of it what you put into it”, and really that’s true of this book just as much as the exercises within it. It would be easy to criticise this book for some of its more outlandish entrepreneurial propositions, but for me it’s not just a manual for devising money-making schemes. It’s about your state of mind, your attitude to yourself, and your determination to realise your ambitions. A large chunk of this book is geared around this notion of coming to terms with what you really want. The book opens with an interesting and, dare I say it, very original autobiographical account of how the author found himself on the same journey he encourages us to take. It’s important, because the exercises and guidance in this book come from someone who has lived it. Yes, I would have liked more practical, down to earth entrepreneurial concepts. But surely the whole point of the entrepreneurial spirit is that you dare to dream, you look for the big idea, you take the big chances. My lasting impression, from reading this book, is that it’s up to the individual to develop that entrepreneurial spirit. This book, for me, was more about understanding yourself and readying yourself emotionally, intellectually – perhaps even spiritually – to embark on that entrepreneurial journey. It’s well written and genuinely engaging, I really liked the way the author drew on wisdom from all manner of diverse sources (Puff Daddy and Mark Twain among them – and I’d wager Mark Twain and Puff Daddy are seldom quoted in the same book!) and I do think it’s a valuable contribution to this quite saturated genre. But I would have liked to see a little more focus on finding and pursuing more realistic entrepreneurial challenges. That, I think, would make this book truly indispensable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Give It a Shot, 10 Sep 2013
Tyler (chicago,il) - See all my reviews
I've been my own boss, a business owner, for close to 5 years now. Did I "have" to buy this book? No. Why did I...? Simple. It's nice to remind yourself why you dumped your boss in the first place, and started off with your own business!

Erland's book is a true triumph in a space that is swamped with so called experts, gurus, and the whole jargon. The author's style of writing is engaging, influential, and their message is, simply, very straight forward -- Become your own boss and never be a slave to the grind again. Who wouldn't enjoy that life!

I thoroughly suggest anyone wanting to break free from their cubicle and build an entrepreneurial lifestyle check out this book. It's informative, worthy of the read and above all, inspirational. It really sets you in the right direction and away from the crowd!

Thanks for reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Philosophical, 26 Jan 2014
I suspect some people will not enjoy this book. If you are looking for balance as well as some tips towards scaling your business, then this is the book for you. I suspect those looking to start a business might be a little disappointed since that area is a little woolly, I found the first and last section to be excellent. Overall a decent read and when on special for 99c a right bargain!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth your time, 11 Sep 2013
This book gives you outside-the-box ideas to become an entrepreneur and live the life you always wanted. It isn't some get-rich-quick book. This gives you real-world examples of what you can do to set up a business with little to no money, outsource your employment and make passive income so that you can live how you want. Very entertaining and well done. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Never work again, 9 Sep 2014
A delightful book with lots of ideas
New seeds and new ideas 'are planted in my mind,which should grow to a large tree like Buddha's pipal tree which gave inspiration to Buddha and millions of others. however the author should attempt to "cut the crap" and reduce the book within 200 pages and make it a easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 11 Oct 2014
To the point, especialy if one considera that success is 80% a result of mindset...
One of the best I've read about the subject, ever. And I've read many to this day.
Surely worth the money, and more

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Freedom business' is a great new idea!, 14 Sep 2013
You Will Never Work Again isn't about slaving away in some small business or entrepreneurial endeavor, but finding a way to follow your passion and have others do the work to earn an income. Time for your own pursuits is often not discussed in this world, because the assumption is that you'll give up your time to your business, and that is part of what it means to be boss. This book gives you another way to look at it. Trading a boss for a business that runs your life isn't really a step forward. I've not heard the term 'Freedom Business' before, but it seems apt.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›