5.0 out of 5 stars TomTom killer
I have owned TomTom devices for the last 6 years and have got through 3 of them now. Appalled by the consistently poor(non-existent) service offered by TomTom and the fact that my last two devices have basically died and won't even turn on without being plugged in to a power source I decided to try something else. Believe me, this was not a decision I took lightly as I...
Published 10 months ago by smilersteve

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not get along with this device.
I tried to like this satnav. My last 2 devices were by Tom Tom and after some reliability issues with my last Tom Tom I wanted to try something from a different manufacturer. Presentation is fine, and the mount/stand in particular is very well-designed and works brilliantly - supremely easy to attach and remove from the windscreen. The map is clear and uncluttered...
Published 1 month ago by Russel Khan

‹ Previous | 118 19 20 21 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
Good device!

4.0 out of 5 stars Satnav, 11 Feb 2014
H. Keen - See all my reviews
Immediately updated once connected to pc. Took a long time but all maps up to date.
Like the digital traffic as it is very live.
Has crashed out once which was a pain but holding the off switch for a couple of minutes switched it off and it reset okay.
It seems to be value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars nuvi 2598lmt, 27 Jan 2014
does what it says on the box, only down side is the Garmin quick start manual. Voice commands are good, but you do need to speak slowly, traffic updates are accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin SATNAV, 17 Jan 2014
Bought this as a gift for my husband and he has nothing but positive comments to pass about the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2598LMT-D Satnav, 16 Jan 2014
M. R. Wing (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
Glad I put my Road Angel Navigator in the dustbin at last and got up to date!
An excellent product with easy to read screen and mapping but a shame that it does not come with a printed user guide as I had trouble getting information from the website.
The 7" screen version was a Best Buy in 'Which' but if your eyes are good enough to drive then this 5" screen satnav should be perfectly adequate and cheaper too.
As mentioned in the 'Which' review, the pronunciation of some place names is rather odd, perhaps the Yankee designers can't speak English!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant if only the bluetooth worked., 11 Jan 2014
R. France (Wigan) - See all my reviews
I ordered a Garmin nuvi 2598LMT-D on the 1st December 2013 and it worked perfectly until the 15th December 2013 when the map began to freeze. The voice command, the speed and the time of arrival continued to work perfectly even though the map had frozen. I took photographs which showed the car in 2 different car parks but with the same map on the SatNav still recording that I was travelling at 26mph. I contacted Amazon and they suggested I could have a replacement or my money refunded. Having previously purchased 2 TomTom's, as I much preferred the Garmin I asked for a replacement which arrived the following day. I immediately connected the SatNav to my mobile phone using the bluetooth facility but again I had the same problem in that the map froze. However, when returning on a 245 journey after Christmas I had used to bluetooth to inform my Daughter of our progress and, once again, the map froze but again not the voice command, the speed or the time of arrival. I switched off the bluetooth at a Motorway Service and since then everything has worked perfectly. I am delighted with the SatNav but, obviously, cannot use the bluetooth facility.

I contacted Garmin support and although they offered a solution in that I visit [...] download the Garmin Webupdater application and re-installing the latest software, which I did, but again the map immediate froze within 2 miles of my having made a phone call to test the bluetooth. Garmin support have suggested another solution: a) Some of Garmin's newer devices are now Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) devices which do not automatically go into Mass Storage mode when connected to a computer. b) Connect your device to the computer via USB cable. c) Open Garmin Nuvi drive. d) Open Garmin Folder. e) Open Diag folder. f) Open Shutdown folder. g) Copy all files to your desktop and attach them to the replay email. A soon as we will have those file we will be able to test it and resolve this issue. I followed the instructions but, unfortunately, when I opened the Diag folder it did not contain a Shutdown folder just a file 'Garmin GC log' which I copied and forwarded to Garmin Support. At present I am waiting for a reply. Love the Garmin nuvi 2598LMT-D pity about the bluetooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gadget, 11 Dec 2013
used almost immediately and such a help. The voice is less soothing then the one on the TomTom, but still clear and precise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Aug 2014