5.0 out of 5 stars Note 3 Genius
I recently upgraded from the iPhone 5s to the Galaxy Note 3.

This phone is a revelation and I want to try and give some indication why.

I have been using iPhones for many years with a detor to Android every few months (itchy feet!).
Whilst Android is clearly the more technically advanced platform, I always end up dumping the Android phone a few...
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - Grey Imports
I have just found out today that my phone is from the Philippines (or Malaysia). If you got this phone without a sticker that talks about the region lock then yes you won't have a locked phone (they don't lock the Philippines ones) but you will lose your UK warranty as Samsung have told me that I'd need to send it to the country of purchase.

Whilst I was happy...
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome device, not great for rooting, 13 Feb 2014
Adam "Adam" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Region Locked Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
Replacing a Samsung S4, the Note 3 is brilliant. The battery life on the Note 3 lasts a couple of days with heavy usage (games, calls and music), and the speed is a worthy upgrade.

However Samsung have decided to add a flag that attempts to stop you rooting the device, installing custom recovery or firmware. Attempting to change the recovery, install a new firmware or root the device will trigger this irreversible flag and completely void your warranty. If your looking at this phone and plan on rooting it, you might want to consider looking at something else that has a warranty you can still rely on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, apart from the signal., 30 Dec 2013
The Galaxy Note 3 is Samsung's latest `phablet' and it's got a lot of buzz. But, the question is: is it any good?

This phone has a 5.7 inch 1080p Super AMOLED touchscreen and it is beautiful. The colours pop massively and watching media on this phone is an absolute joy. The screen responsiveness is fantastic. I had no issues at all. The display is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for good scratch resistance. However, this will not prevent your phone screen from cracking if dropped, so I'd still recommend getting a good case and putting a good quality screen protector on this phone.

This phone is absolutely fantastic for media consumption, with it's 32GB storage and Micro-SD card slot, you can store all your music, movies, photos on this phone and you still have plenty of space left. The speaker is okay: it's not fantastic, but it is perfectly usable for watching YouTube videos, listening to music. Thankfully, the audio output from the 3.5mm headphone jack is perfect, with no interference at all. A good quality pair of headphones is all that is needed to bring any music, movies to life.

The S-Pen is quite useful. I do like the ability to take quick notes when, for example, talking on the phone. However, the S-Pen feels more like an add-on that a feature that really sells the phone to me. Apart from taking notes and doodling, it doesn't really do anything that your finger can't do. In short, I wouldn't buy this phone for the S-Pen alone.

The camera is very good. It takes 13 megapixel stills which have a good amount of detail and images in low light are pretty good. Noise does start to creep in in really dark scenes, but photos still have good detail. This phone shoots 4K video which is good, but with no optical image stabilisation, video is very shaky indeed. 1080p video does have stabilisation so I found myself using that most of the time. The video produced in this mode was pretty stable, with good colours and contrast. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Call quality was good: no issues to report here. Voices had good definition and voices could be heard clearly. At high volume levels, the earpiece does tend to get distorted however. Loudspeaker quality was average: callers got distorted very easily, even at low volumes and the definition of callers' voices was average at best. On certain calls, I had to ask for callers to repeat certain words, as I could not make them out. It is worth mentioning that call quality very much depends on your carrier and location (for reference, I am using Tesco Mobile, who use the O2 network, in the UK).

My biggest issue with this phone is the signal: in short, it's awful. Putting this phone side-by-side with a Google Nexus 5 and iPhone 4S, these phones will get a signal of approximately -85dB, whereas the Note 3 will drift around between -95 and -101dB. In areas with low signal, you won't even be able to make a call as the phone will register no signal, even if there is one. This appears to be a quite widely-reported issue, with several people reporting similar issues. I suspect this issue is due to the attenae used, they just aren't the best. Samsung really need to up their game here, when they release the Note 4. If you live in a strong signal area, you'll be fine, but if not, I just cannot recommend this device; the signal is just too poor to be usable. It's worth mentioning that I've tried out three Note 3s and they all had this issue.

So, can I recommend this phone? On the whole yes, but if you live in an area with poor signal, I just cannot. If it can't fulfil it's primary purpose of being a phone, then there's no point in having it.

1.0 out of 5 stars This phone was locked and a month later nobody has been able to unlock it not the sellers not the Samsung representative nobody, 25 Jan 2014
Although I chose the option "Europe", this phone came locked and thus I am unable to use it.
I contacted the seller who told me not to worry and visit the local Samsung representative and they will definitely be able to unlock it. This was not the case. They could not unlock it. Then the sellers told me to go to local unlocking centres?? to unlock it. I visited all the Shops in the area who could do such a thing, but nobody could. The sellers have now asked me for my IMEI number & promised that they will try to unlock it. This is the last thing I will do. If this does not work, I will return it, after all I am now almost a month without a phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, 6 Mar 2014
I've switched from samsung S4 and note 2. note 3 has a great battery life , much better build quality ,as for me perfect screen size. Record 4K videos , what more can you ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Phone don't let some put you off this its the best, 27 Dec 2013
I read users saying they had problems with WiFi, no problems here works perfect picks up better than old phone Galaxy S plus.

Don't let Scare stories about region lock worry you, The region lock is deactivated after 5 minutes worth of voice calls.
See here [...]. Make sure the phone is connected to internet also.

Excellent screen bright and very clear with it's 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Camera is great and if you get Camera360 free on Play Store all Effect's work in real time so you see effect as you take unlike old phone.

Battery life is very good, Has 3 GB of Ram so don't suffer lag and 32 GB of storage + you can add up to 64 GB Micro SD card.

S-Pen is great as it has Wacom digitser built into screen for accurate drawing with different level of pressure (same as Bamboo pens on pc)
If you like to draw you get free full version of Sketchbook its in the App's Galaxy Plus folder, you can edit photo's using layers import Photo.

Make sure you get the N9005: Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 CPU, Adreno 330 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset 32 MB SMN9005ZKEBTU if you wont UK 2 year Samsung warranty.

News ...
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat update reaches the UK. 10th March 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars GSM Fonz, 15 May 2014
Mr. S. B. Ginter "S.Ginter" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 when it's working is wonderful.. GSM Fonz who sold me it are UNTRUSTWORTHY and AWFUL

3.0 out of 5 stars GREY IMPORT, 14 May 2014
Bought Amazon Fulfilled from SkynetShopping and in product description title it stated that the Note 3 was "Region Locked". When I checked the C.S.C. (Customer Service Center) number with Samsung , it turned out to be a Asian Global Market version (Grey Import) and as such Samsung UK would not honor the warranty, and if it needed repair, it would have to be sent to Samsung Singapore. Returned to Amazon who were good about refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars apple to samsung..., 14 Mar 2014
J. Collins "i love films" (Ilford, Essex) - See all my reviews
I have had an iphone for a few years now but was bored of it and wanted a change... after reading lots of reviews and watching youtube clips I decided to take the plunge and convert to 'the other side' (Samsung instead of apple!). The screen is amazing and the colours are so clear and vibrant, watching movies or viewing photos is just so much nicer on a bigger and clearer screen. I could never go back to a smaller screen now that I have had this. I was concerned the phone would be too big and look odd (especially as I hadn't seen or held one before I bought it) but it really isn't that huge and you soon get used to it. The stylus is really cool, when you can be bothered to get it out and use it!
It isn't quite so simple going from an iphone (and mac) to android in terms of getting all your photos, movies and music across (and contacts). I used the android file transfer for my movies and photos (having to export my iPhoto library first into files) and I paid for the isync android app (not very expensive) to help with my iTunes music library which worked really well wirelessly. I used the bump app to get my contacts across and there was even an app to help me get all my texts over (with a little help from youtube too). I had some trouble at first receiving text messages because anyone else with an iphone that tried to text me they would try to send as an imessage so I would only get them on my ipad, but after contacting apple the issue was soon resolved.
The phone is really good on the whole and I love how customisable it is with android, but it is sometimes slightly slow opening things like gallery (could be because I have almost 25000 photos?) and the camera has crashed a few times just when I want to take a photo which is really annoying! The camera is really good though and does take excellent photos. I also love that, by buying an extra 64GB memory card, it is now 96GB capacity. Overall, I don't regret making the change, but I think if apple brings out a larger iphone I will probably go back - just because the iphone was a little more reliable, and more compatible with a mac, especially iPhoto library.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Note 3 review for the rest of us, 21 Nov 2013
Alan Moore "amosam" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I am thoroughly pleased with my Note 3.

My eco-system was (and indeed primarily is) Apple and I'm coming to this unit from a 2 year old iPhone 4s which I was very happy with. Yes I did consider the 5s and have had one in my grubby mits many times at the local Apple Store. Smartphones are a way of life now, and although the iPhone re-ignited my somewhat lapsed interests in music and photography, those have also grown to now include writing and my desire to carry a journal which could be hand-written to privately. This is the point where a new iPhone sadly fell of my shopping list.

The standards set by the iPhone in music playback and photography are comfortably matched by the Note 3 in my opinion. Getting music onto the phone from my iTunes library is certainly fiddlier, but by no means a challenge. Likewise iPhoto on my Mac recognises and loads photo and video from the Note 3. I am very happy with the results. The move to Android was painless.

Its difficult to know where to start though with the S-Pen capabilities though. The handwriting recognition somewhat defies belief and Samsung developers are clearly taking the S-software line very seriously indeed. The supplied apps suit my needs perfectly and a massive / unexpected bonus was the integration with Evernote (and free upgrade to Evernote Premium). Now thats just taking it too far :)

There are plethora of Note 3 web reviews micro analysing pixel density, processor speed and yes the over-hyped-beyond-belief region lock ( funnily enough, I don't spend my working life globe trotting with suitcase full of sim cards). I'm not going there, it sounds great, imaging is excellent and the unit's design is sublime. I have not regretted my purchase one bit.

This phone is not a fashion item and its not trying to be. If all you need from a smartphone is voice/txt/web/mail and a logo to show show off, look elsewhere. If however you make a living (or aspire to) from creative pursuits, are intrigued by how the incredible S-Pen technology may suit your work/study/play, then this smartphone is an absolute must-try.

Update 28/11
=========
I just though I'd add a footnote ... having tried a few cases; I've settled on an excellent Otterbox Commuter. Top quality protection and it gives the Note 3 a cool industrial look / feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone I have ever used., 25 Dec 2013
Abdul Rafay Mian (Nottingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is by far the best phone I could have ever used. Samsung has really done it this time and created a perfect phone.
I was an Iphone user before this and after using this I will never go back. It has the best battery which lasts for full day with heavy use and has enough power to run everything.

If you are thinking of buying this phone go ahead you will be glad you did it.

Few things everyone should know before buying make sure you know which model you are buying and for what region.

There are 2 models n9005 qualcomm processor with 4G and n9000 Exynox processor.

These phone are locked according to different regions so make sure you get the European model which will work in Europe afcourse if you live in Europe.

Go ahead if you are thinking of buying this phone you will never use any other phone once you try this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›